Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalonian Conjuration Issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Hello, i'm Nicholas GriffinWard, level 75 student. Being this level means I have recently entered the wondrous world of Avalon, two days ago in fact. I was quite excited to see this new world, however there is something that happened to catch my eye, the new myth spells in Avalon, Shift and Dimensional Shift. Now shift is one of my favorite spells, especially since it is sacred to Myth, and no other school can get their hands on it. Dimensional shift however, not so much, or at all really. After reading the spell and what it does (Shifts all hanging effects to minion, and all the minions hanging effects to you, such as blades, heal/DOT, and shields) I was a bit iffy about using it, as it seemed pointless, but after much research and testing, I have discovered that it's not only useless, but harmful, so I devised a list for reasons to either alter, or completely change the spell. #1 Useless in PvE: PvE, the most encountered aspect of the game, and sadly, not a friend to the spell in question. For quests that have you defeating many underlings at once, you don't need a minion, and even if you had one, the pips used for the spell, a whopping 6 pips, could have been used to kill them in the first place. Second scenario, a boss, say you have a minion, and the boss casts a Dot on you, your minion has a blade, and you don't. So you use the spell, the minion gets the Dot, and you get the blade, cool right? Nope, not only are you set back 6 pips, your minion is dead (Provided it was a decent attack), and you have 1 blade.... Yay? You could have easily shifted the Dot onto your opponent, dealing him damage, and just using a blade on yourself,saving your minion and pips, a much better solution, and that was in a best case scenario. #2 Useless in PvP: Now some people may argue that it should be useful in PvP somehow, well wrong again. This is not so for the same reason as the boss example, with the added factor of earthquake, shatter, and other spells that remove shields or charms, and your minion is dead before you have 6 pips, always.... alwayyyyssss. #3 Unfavored by Myth: Given the reasons listed above, there is no surprise her. Considering the fact that I avidly keep up with Myth spells, and the fact that I never heard of the spell until I got it, really says something. I simply thought Myth did not get a spell, and that was that. I've never seen another wizard use or mention it, in the 4 years i've been playing, which pretty much means: This spell is simply bad. #4 Outranked by Other Spells: Ok, so even if you've read all this, and your thinking "Well, not all spells have to be good" stop there and ponder the spells the other schools get. Yep, thats right, they're all amazing, well loved spells of their respective schools every last one is extremely useful, or highly needed, except Myth. The other spells not only outshine Myths, but crush it underfoot. So, I was wondering if an alteration to the spell, or a complete change to it would be possible?