Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Sun enchant vs item Sun enchant vs. trained

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
So I'm an avid bladestacker and have an Enchanted Armament with 3 lovely lilac Sharpen Blades; and an amulet that gives me a lovely lilac Sharpen Blades; and then I have trained Sharpen Blades. I'm looking at my opening hand, see 1 bladestorm and 4 lovely lilac Sharpen Blades.

Without thinking, I put the nearest lilac Sharpen Blades on the bladestorm and cast it. Later on, I draw another Bladestorm. I still have 3 lovely lilac Sharpen Blades. But if I enchant the bladestorm, I might be wasting my time because there's a 75% chance it will be a duplicate of the one I made earlier.

And then there are days when I draw 3 different 'storms and a motley assortment of golden and lilac Sharpens and go to town slapping enchants on blades until my hand is concentrated buffing. Ah, there's the rub. I now have in hand 3 identical gilded, sharpened bladestorms. Which one do I cast first? Which two are likely duplicates of one another?

The gist is, it is very difficult to tell what will stack with what if you cannot tell the enchanted results from each other.

It's even difficult to tell if the lovely lilac sharpen you just drew, is from your pet or from your amulet or some other source.

Perhaps if pet cards could be a slightly different shade of lilac from gear cards, or if once enchanted, the enchanted result might have a purplish cast, or a doodle, or a pattern, or some way of standing out. Clothes and item cards and enchants might have a burlap weave texture overlaid over the colored border. Pet blades, enchants, and effects might have like, a faint animal print or tiger stripe or paw print pattern overlaid on the lilac. The pattern would also overlay the gilded, enchanted result.

Thoughts? I'm trying to work with KI here on suggesting things that would require least effort, and be most accessible to players with visual challenges or color blindness. But it's high time we had this, since everything and EVERYTHING gives blades, enchants, and other cards. And sometimes you would skip casting that third enchanted pact if you knew it would just sit unused because you cast an identical one last turn. Ouch.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Clarity is always good.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Preach it Crunk. You're right on.

We've been asking for pet cards to look different from item for several years. There are at least 4 threads on this site, and more on Central.

No idea why this simple change hasn't happened already. They could change background colour or add an icon. Easy.