Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Role of myth in Darkmoor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I just recently got my myth to exalted and i'm really excited to do Darkmoor, but one thing I can't figure out is what role is best suited for myth in Darkmoor. Balances can jade, deaths can jade, lifes can jade, storms can hit, fires can hit, and ices can hit, but what can myth do?

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
Myth is excellent in Darkmoor, why, because myth boost on the 2nd and 3rd Boss, in the final section.
We let myth use his Darkmoor spell in the first battle to kill the minions.
We buffed Myth in the against the Robo Boss (Shane), with Traps/Blades, while storm removed Robo's blades.
In the Final Battle, we just all buffed Myth to Kill the Boss quick.
Myth should attack in all three battles, imo, and if you have a Death, he should blade you.
Having a myth, works well if you have a Team that works together.
My Myth was setup as noted above by the Group I joined, and we made ten runs together.
I have my Myth gear in Ten runs, the easiest of all my Wizards.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
X172X172 on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
I just recently got my myth to exalted and i'm really excited to do Darkmoor, but one thing I can't figure out is what role is best suited for myth in Darkmoor. Balances can jade, deaths can jade, lifes can jade, storms can hit, fires can hit, and ices can hit, but what can myth do?
When I do darkmoor regardless of the school I let others tell me what to do. Is much easier. Of course, when people don't say anything, I just try to be a team player as much as possible. The downside is there are others who are more rude, but it's easy to counter that by not talking too much in the first place. Flexibility but you also need to be prepared.

Side:

Main:

Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
I'd just use a lot of AoE. You can hit also and you could (if not a full house) summon your most powerful minion to help.

Go Myth!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
In Darkmoor, Myth is the second best hitter.

Storm, because it converts to myth and has such strong attacks is the best choice for a hitter.
Myth is second best hitter, and if in a group with no Storm is the obvious choice to hit. If in a group with who Storm doesn't have over 100 Damage, Myth should plan to go as a second hitter. If the Storm does, Myth can function like a balance, packing blades, traps and shatters.

Every school has a role in Darkmoor, if you can just think about it. Honestly, because Fire has no single hit AoE above Meteor, isn't a great primary hitter for Darkmoor.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
congrats!

i am so sick of darkmoor right now. but, in my opinion, myth is one of the best hitters (fire is the other).

in the first fight, myth can build for a big hit, shatter, then kill all the things~ versus lame von lame (the second boss), myth can easily hit big against the boss as well, since they boost against storm and don't have to waste turns on converts; and, finally, in the last battle, myth boosts against death and can easily wipe the floor with malistaire's face.

i've been on teams with myth hitters, and they were some of the best (and by best, i mean least-miserable) runs i've ever done. it was, at one point, my least favourite school; but, now that my conjurer has passed level 60 and is starting to come into his own, i think myth might not be so bad after all.

in general, though, your role depends on your team. my exalted diviner has high resist and block, while maintaining a 112% damage boost, so she can either hit or support another storm; my balance wizard runs a damage build with no outgoing heal boost, but i'd never let my team die just to prove a point. i do whatever will keep the run as short as is humanly possible.

-von

exalted
arch
legend
magus