Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fish Market

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2009
Many people sell fish when their fish basket gets full, so what if their was a fish market where people could buy, sell, and trade fish. This would be similar to the bazaar in the aspect of you buy is what other people sell and there is a limited supply, but you can also trade them. There would be various people surrounding the market place and you could interact with them. They would request so many of a certain kind of fish in exchange for another fish. These deals would vary maybe day to day, week to week, or maybe month to month. Maybe some of the traders could even be scattered throughout the spiral, trading fish only found in that world or area.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
or alternatively they could just add fish to the bazaar?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
They could also do that, but I was trying to think of something a bit more creative than just that, but you're not wrong.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
ecwcats4 on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Many people sell fish when their fish basket gets full, so what if their was a fish market where people could buy, sell, and trade fish. This would be similar to the bazaar in the aspect of you buy is what other people sell and there is a limited supply, but you can also trade them. There would be various people surrounding the market place and you could interact with them. They would request so many of a certain kind of fish in exchange for another fish. These deals would vary maybe day to day, week to week, or maybe month to month. Maybe some of the traders could even be scattered throughout the spiral, trading fish only found in that world or area.
I think this is a good idea, it gives more variety to the game allowing a bit more fun than just with additions to the bazaar. But on the downside it would greatly reduce the amount of people actually finishing therefore remove people using crowns on energy elixirs and other things. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, but i think KI may do. Maybe to avoid this there could be limits on how much of things you could buy and sell or something like that, similar to how energy limits how often you can do things? As for the traders selling fish in the world/area i think it would defeat the object of actually fishing.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Yes there could be limits on trading or selling itself, or to help keep up the motivation for fishing they could say you have to be a certain fishing rank to trade and/or sell. Also if you needed a fish from a quest, trading for that fish would not count towards the quest. They could put a limitation on how many times you can trade with a trader per day. I personally thought that fish in different worlds would be beneficial, since the trader there would be possibly wanting a fish from that world, meaning you would have to catch a fish from that world first. They could also add a restriction where you cannot trade unless you completed a fishing quest, what fishing quest would vary depending on the world. Also if they did involve fish trading at all it could be a building block for other stuff you can trade maybe.