Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Permanent Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2015
Hey KingsIsle! I have an idea for Wizard101. Permanent henchmen! These henchmen are like henchmen we have now. But these ones, you can buy then you choose it's gender, look, and it's name. Then you equip them. You can level the henchmen by how wizards levels themselves. Wizards can bring these henchmen into battle (not PvP) by equipping it, and when you join a battle not only you are in it, so is the henchmen. You can also choose what spells it does after choosing your spell in the duel with creatures like Fire Elves or Rotting Fodders etc. Also, you can enter the inventory of the henchmen and choose what gear it has by using gear the wizard has in his/her inventory and using it to have the henchmen equip.

How do you like my idea? I hope this idea makes it into the game. -Artur DragonCaster Adept Diviner

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
2 things: The game would be wayy to easy, as people can already complete it as it is now.
2: This feature is already in Pirate101

Survivor
Feb 10, 2015
Yes I know the feature is in Pirate101. But still. Picture that in Wizard101!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I like this idea, but as others have previously stated, this would make the game way easier.

And no this idea is not in Pirate101 as:

- You can't choose it's gender, look, or name.
- You don't level companions like normal pirates.
- You CAN use companions in PvP.
- Pirate101 companions don't use gear.

Simple way for this to make it into the game: just don't make them OP. And make a rule where you can't use them when you're in a group or in a dungeon with somebody.

This would be GREAT for solo players (like myself) and I again hope this will make it into the game.

P.S: I'm NOT suggesting ANY change to the Pirate101 companion system. It's really awesome as it is and doesn't need any changes.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2015
Thanks for supporting me Max Sterling! But I said this is a crowns only feature for like typically as many crowns as like the Arcus Cloud mount or something. But yeah. Thanks for support!!! -Artur DragonCaster Adept Wizard.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I got a question about this:

Will you be able to control what it does in battle?

If you can't, at least something like this?

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/more-helpful-minions-8ad6a4184d706f0c014d80f47c1953a0?reset=1

First time I use a hyperlink in Wizard101 Message Boards, so let me know if it works.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2015
Max Sterling, of course you can control what it does in battle! Maybe you can help me with the idea! And I really hope this idea comes in the game! It'd be amazing! I'd do near anything to get this idea in the game!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Ender303 on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Max Sterling, of course you can control what it does in battle! Maybe you can help me with the idea! And I really hope this idea comes in the game! It'd be amazing! I'd do near anything to get this idea in the game!
Well maybe we could have "Permanent Henchmen-Only" gear? This idea could save money for some people. Instead of creating a low account just because you have the pierces and other stuff, you can just use 5,000 Crowns (that's what the Arcus Cloud Mount costs) buy your henchman and done. Maybe we could create it like this?

Step 1: Choose Gender

Step 2: Select Name

Step 3: Choose School

The beginner's robe would be dyed according to the school you chose. After that, your henchman doesn't walk with you (as it could get annoying) but it appears in battles. When you battle, them timer should have about 10-15 seconds extra, you choose your spell, then you see your henchman's hand and choose which spell he/she will cast.

I know I said that it wouldn't be allowed for Group Play, but sometimes even 2 or 3 wizards can't beat someone/something. However, in group play before the timer for the battle starts there's a selection of all the henchmen there is in all the group. You can "vote" for the one you want to use in the battle. If there's a tie, the henchman will be randomly chosen between the tied ones. There is also a "pass" option.

Also, your henchman cannot exceed the player's level. However, I'm still not sure whether henchmen should be allowed Training Points. I don't think so though as that would be really OP . . .

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Another thing: people already do this, by making another account and playing with both characters at the same time, but you do need two computer screens for this...

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Adriaan2000 on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Another thing: people already do this, by making another account and playing with both characters at the same time, but you do need two computer screens for this...
Exactly! Some people don't have 2 computers! And some people can't pay for another one even if it's just up to level 20. This would help mainly solo players.