Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One more Make-it_easy on the player change - pets

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Specifically pet training.

K.I., how about you just admit no one likes the little games you force us to play to train our pets and just let us feed our pets snacks. Just charge us the energy that playing one of the games would cost for the level of the pet, and let us feed a snack.

I would love to hear a good, valid reason for why this can't be allowed, other than 'well, K.I. staff likes the games, so you should too." And I don't mean a "make it sound good" reason like "but you're training your pet, it should take some time". I feed my pet armor. That's very unrealistic. So if I can feed my pet armor, I shouldn't have to spend time training my pet just to be able to feed it food (pet snack).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
With the games in place, it takes about 1 hour to train a pet from hatch to Mega. There's no reason to make it instant. I do this regularly without spending crowns, just using snacks from gardens and elixirs from grub guardian. There needs to be at least SOME minimal effort in pet training rather than just buying fully trained pets.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
So what you're saying is you don't like the games and you just want to level your pet up as fast as possible?
Also feeding your armor to your pet is unrealistic (so its allowed), but shooting your pet out of a cannon and making it dance is also unrealistic, but not unrealistic enough, so it should be removed?
Also removing training games basically means no pet training badges (which I like) and no extra +4 Pet Exp (which I also like)

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
tanda1 on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
Specifically pet training.

K.I., how about you just admit no one likes the little games you force us to play to train our pets and just let us feed our pets snacks. Just charge us the energy that playing one of the games would cost for the level of the pet, and let us feed a snack.

I would love to hear a good, valid reason for why this can't be allowed, other than 'well, K.I. staff likes the games, so you should too." And I don't mean a "make it sound good" reason like "but you're training your pet, it should take some time". I feed my pet armor. That's very unrealistic. So if I can feed my pet armor, I shouldn't have to spend time training my pet just to be able to feed it food (pet snack).
Other people have explained why this shouldn't happen, and I want to point out something. "no one likes the little games you force us to play" really? You cannot know that. Don't establish your assumptions as facts. In fact, I can prove you wrong right now: I like the games, I really do. So there goes the "no one likes the games" argument, as there clearly is someone who likes the games.

Further replies to this thread shouldn't be needed, as it's been shot down already.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
Weeellll..... I can't really say I like the games And it's very annoying having to try to find energy without spending crowns to train your pets when you use your energy for gardening and fishing when there is more pressing things like quests to do. I find it annoying that all the energy for pet training, gardening and fishing is bundled up. I think these should be separate considering if in real life I might not have the energy to garden but do have it to train my dog and go fishing and maybe later go garden all in the same day . I just feel these should be separate.

Fallon