Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has wizard101 ever triggered any of your emotions?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 19, 2014
I remember this moment when i summoned a minion and he kept getting attacked but he has lots of healing spells and shields. He used them all on me.

He was just left with 1 health out of all his health and his last spell was a shield on me.

That had triggered lots of emotions for me somehow.

Has wizard101 triggered anybody else's emotions?

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
I confess to many moments of anger.

Anger at fizzling often regardless of my accuracy.

Anger at not drawing the right card no matter how many rounds I spend discarding.

Anger at annoying mobs outnumbering me 4 to 1.

Anger at mobs spending an entire fight without shielding or using weakness and then, as if they read minds, casting one such spell on the round I am ready to attack them.

Anger at school quests requiring me to go back to a dungeon I finished two worlds ago.

Anger at worlds being super easy and then its final dungeon being tremendously more difficult than anything I faced prior.

I also experience boredom.

Boredom at redundant quests that require me to defeat mobs over an extended period of time.

Boredom at training pets that most likely will not learn what my wizard needs.

Boredom at crafting because of all the collecting, questing, and timers involved.

Boredom at farming for gold or items.

These emotions are less likely to manifest when I am playing with team mates because the bad luck issued to me or my allies turns the game into a comedy. I have someone to laugh and joke with whenever something bad happens.

So, to end my post on a positive note. The game does bring the greatest feeling out of me as long as I'm enjoying it with others. The feeling of laughter.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Yes the seething hot rage of a thousand white hot suns brought about from the torture that is going through a dungeon for the hundreth time and still not getting the thing i wanted. Still trying to get the Royal armor set from Barkingham Palace because I want to stitch it to stuff. Jackal Y U NO drop boots.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Discord Spiders on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
Yes the seething hot rage of a thousand white hot suns brought about from the torture that is going through a dungeon for the hundreth time and still not getting the thing i wanted. Still trying to get the Royal armor set from Barkingham Palace because I want to stitch it to stuff. Jackal Y U NO drop boots.
I got the boots, the only thing I didn't get was the hat. But that wasn't so bad because I've got a hair do I wanted to keep anyway.

If it weren't so easy to complete that dungeon (with 2 level 100 wizards), I'd have probably gotten just as mad though trying to get the two pieces I did get. I didn't keep track of how many runs I made.

Sadly yes, it seems without friends to play the game with, I find myself getting far too angry over far too many things. Being able to vent with someone takes the edge off. When there's no one around to make me laugh about it, I don't.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i pride myself on keeping calm, even under the most stressful situation. but this game occasionally evokes a rage that makes malistaire look like a scared kitten.

1) getting quit on in castle dread-more;
2) horribly timed stuns/earthquakes;
3) getting junk after 2-4hrs in some ridiculous cheat dungeon;
4) fizzling on the kill shot and dying immediately afterward;
5) healers who refuse to heal.*/people who act in their own self-interest, rather than that of the group.

*a few weeks ago, i (balance) ran galleries with a life wizard who, for whatever reason, refused to heal. she would run into battles at half health and stack blades on herself; my heal-over-time spells obviously can't compete with the big guns (ie dryad, rebirth), so we had myth as our hitter and storm (who, by the way, did not have a mastery amulet) kept casting rebirth to try and help me keep the team alive.

i eventually got sick of it and decided to try an experiment. life's health was getting pretty low, so i waited to see if she would heal herself; she didn't. and, when storm eventually rebirthed, she berated me for not healing her... me, with no outgoing heal boost and over-time heals that would have been a complete waste under the circumstances (since she didn't bother to potion up between fights).

#5 is not directed at life wizards specifically~ my own is primarily a hitter with high damage, but she changes roles, depending on the team she is in. under the same circumstances, i would not let my group die just because i wanted to prove a point.

the same is true of my storm wizard; she is built like a tank, so it's just as easy for me to take first position and buff another storm as it is for me to play hitter; again, it's all about knowing my team and how i can best use my abilities to our collective advantage.

you should always keep in mind what you have to offer your group; talk to them, get to know everyone's strengths, and play the role that best suits the team.

/rant.

-von

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I often become incensed at things that happen to me on wizard101.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Frustration
- described very well by General American.

Excited Anticipation
- when soloing a reaaly tough and long dungeon, barely staying alive, final boss, just one more round.... come on... gah i fizzled... uh not dead yet... almost.... maybe... another round.... grrr I'm gonna die... there's no way i will survive.... enemy didn't attack.... another round!.......

Exhaustive Relief
.... just one more pip.... going to die before my attack... almost....maybe... I can't believe it, I got to cast my final attack spell.... I defeated the boss! I won! I actually did it!

Emense anger
.... just one more pip.... going to die before my attack... almost....maybe... I can't believe it, I got to cast my final attack spell... ... ... huh? .... conection lost? huh what?.... ARRRRRRG!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 23, 2012
Eh it has its when I farm loremaster sometimes I am like I am gonna get it this time then I kinda get angry or disappointed but then my friends told me to just craft keeper of flame and i am working on that

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Heh, well A LOT of anger, due to fizzling, people quitting in the middle of a battle, stuff like that,
There is also a lot of love in this game though, I have really learned to love some of the people in the game as if they were my family,
And when the game starts getting REALLY intense, (morganthe coming to ruin the party) I'm always getting these like little excitement jumps, like out of no where I'll get really excited about something and just jump around my room, or start crying. You know, depending on morganthes mood,

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Hmmmm...

Sadness: When my minion sacrifices herself for me (SO MANY FEELS )
Anger: When they kill my minion and when i don't get the pet drop (i'm a pet collector ) after the 1,000,000 battle or when they say that i should just heal when i'm teaming and that they get mad if I attack ()
Overconfidence/Superiosm: When a boss says that i'm gonna lose or when in Practice PVP someone says "easy win" so i act like i'm better than them ()
Laughter: When i surprise defeat someone in PVP or I defeat a overconfident boss ()
Happiness: When i save someone/a place/a world or i complete a dungeon()
Surprise: when I see someone (like a ice) do WHOPPING damage or when a storm over heals or when I over heal or when I see someone actually use magic

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 32

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Well honestly sometimes frustrated if my spells fizzle when they're my last hope, getting caught in a duel when i'm like 5 feet away, etc. But I do love the game and some things make me very happy in this game.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Anger or crying when I don't block when questing in a boss fight.

I'm very happy when I get to spend time on my favourite place on Digmoore Station in Marleybone.

Colin Stormslinger Lvl 81

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Valdus Spell on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
I remember this moment when i summoned a minion and he kept getting attacked but he has lots of healing spells and shields. He used them all on me.

He was just left with 1 health out of all his health and his last spell was a shield on me.

That had triggered lots of emotions for me somehow.

Has wizard101 triggered anybody else's emotions?
I find myself screaming at my computer when I am defeated

If that's what you call emotions....

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Combination of Shock, Frustration, Anger, and Desire to quite forever...

... When I am defeated without getting to cast a single spell...

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
critical never going of no matter how high it is
nobody bosses blocking critical
pets failing with skills you need
hatching pure irritating

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I've gotten very frustrated and angry in tough spots, as I think most people have for this game.

I have felt great happiness and accomplishment when doing things such as finishing a quest that I was putting off, defeating Malistare, getting to a new world, or finally getting that one spell or beating your Hot Shots score.

I have also felt much relief when doing things such as making it out of a tough boss and getting a life-saving critical,.

Many emotions have been felt during this game, but I've never quite sat down and thought about it like this.

Daniel A.

Explorer
Oct 31, 2013
While everyone else in the world who plays gets mad while they are pvping or fighting a boss, It gets intense for me when I have to cross roads while minions are coming...

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Sometimes i get angry when a hard boss beats me, but not really that angry. I also am happy when I complete a world or super hard dungeon/quest.
Micheal Dragonblade Lvl 61

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
Farming for weaver and getting loremaster....

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Rage!
Going solo into a fight with some very tough street mobs. Slowly but surely whittle them down.Teetering on the brink of defeat with a few points of health left, and so is the one remaining enemy, knowing the next successful hit will determine the outcome so it's a matter of who gets the spell off in time. Select the spell for the next round, the enemy fizzles! Joy of joys victory is finally at hand... as my attack spell animation is playing out a low level "friend" ports to me which of course drags another mob into the fight. The new mob opts to attack me first and, oh yeah, the "friend" doesn't have any healing spells.
Did I say rage? Maybe that's not quite a strong enough emotion.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I see seething rage, crushing frustration and soul-rending boredom are pretty well covered so far. I've experienced them all. I'm going to go with a few others. Overwhelming happiness upon finishing Celestia. Relief at finally surviving Xibalba. Sadness when listening to Bartleby describing his and Grandmother Raven's Creation of the Spiral...he sounded so forlorn telling us how his children began fighting each other, it was very touching. Mortification when, after all our hard work Azteca still bit the dust. Fascination and love from the moment I entered Avalon until the final quest. Hatred of Khrysalis. Happiness every time I recognize one of the many 'Easter Eggs' we encounter all over the Spiral. And finally, anticipation every time I log on. Happy Wizarding!

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
I get happy when I beat a hard boss battle, hatch and get the pet the other person put in, get the epic item in the card pack, and when my friend heals me when I get defeated. I get mad when spells fizzle, bosses cheat, you don't collect the item from the creature that you need for a quest, and when you hatch and get another one of the pet YOU put in, and accedently running in a battle.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
Yes, many times!

Anger/ annoyance:
When you have fought in a difficult and long dungeon hoping to get that cool drop you wanted...
*checks through stuff I got*
Junk...junk...junk.... BUT NOT MY DROP

The people in Wiz101 are awesome, I love them

Atm I can't think of any other moods triggered by wizard101 In me, but I know there's more.

Ice Wizard lvl 88