Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

leveling pets the fast and painless way

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
It would be real nice if KI would just let us feed our pets the pet snacks without having to play the games. Mot of the games are annoying, and some are downright boring.

The alternative is Grub Guardian, which is fun for a while but gets tedious as well.

However, it's the key to leveling with minimum pain. Do this:

Go to grub guardian and log into it on your account.

Pick your wizard and pet that you want to level. You can buy snacks in the Grub Guardian game, but not energy. Keep that in mind.

When the game asks you which map to pick, choose Colossus Boulevard because there are a number of doors close to the food bowl. Put your pet somewhere out of the way and do NOT choose any guardians.
Click Go.

Give it a few seconds. The enemies will run over and eat the food rapidly. The "you lost" screen will load.

Click Next

Click the Feed Pet button and feed a snack to your pet.

Click the Play button and repeat.

The entire cycle takes around 10 seconds or so. Much better than even just waiting to lose three rounds in the dance game at the pet pavilion.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
Leveling up pets is indeed something annoying and boring. Let's be honest with this, no one plays anything else than the dance game, perhaps ninja pig, in Pet Pavilion. Ideas are nice, but playing those games is horrible. It makes me feel kinda bad when I don't use all my energy between gaining levels, but it's much more fun to just goof around.

Okay, so, energy is supposed to be used for hobbies. Let's say that average Wizard101 player is about ~13; Average american teenager has 6 hours of free time in a day. It's 25% of their day. I think most of us spend 1-2 hours playing games every day. 25% of 1 hour is 15 minutes. So, isn't time supposed to be used in Wizard101 for hobbies 15 minutes? Guess what, it takes so much longer than that to use all the energy. You can always think that teenagers don't use all the energy they have on hobbies after they come from school, or do they? I believe yes. It's quite obvious that I don't need to do the math for adults, it would be less than 10 minutes.

Correct if I'm wrong...

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Interesting ideas, and points of view,

Here is how I level a potentially beneficial pet:

I ONLY do the Gobbler Cannon game to the left of the hatching lab. I choose to play this game because it is very easy and quick to complete. FYI, if you complete 100 games, you receive the title "Grumpy Warlord".

I choose the outer Left version of this game offering plus 1 Strength, and up to 3 Agility, due to being very close to the building block obstacle, and offering the highest chance for success. I am usually able to complete this game within 3 turns with the use of strategically placed shots and the right Element (Fire, Ice, Storm) on my pet.

You can almost measure the time it takes me in between sessions in seconds, so it doesn't require a lot of my gaming time.

The amount of Energy it takes me to reach "Adult" in my pet is minimal, which allows me to hatch, and train multiple "Baby" level pets if I have the necessary gold to hatch them.

When training a new pet, NOT an original pet, I only train it past "Teen" if the pet learns a desired Talent. If it doesn't, I sell it and work on hatching/training another pet.

Several resources needed to hatch and train pets are renewable, such as gold and Energy. High level Pet Snacks are harder to come by and require more effort, but through farming mobs, gardening, or purchasing Mega Snacks, you can stock pile plenty over time.

I hope I showed you a different POV, and you take from it what you wish.

Best of luck to you,

Gabriel

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
mmoluvr on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
Interesting ideas, and points of view,

Here is how I level a potentially beneficial pet:

I ONLY do the Gobbler Cannon game to the left of the hatching lab. I choose to play this game because it is very easy and quick to complete. FYI, if you complete 100 games, you receive the title "Grumpy Warlord".

I choose the outer Left version of this game offering plus 1 Strength, and up to 3 Agility, due to being very close to the building block obstacle, and offering the highest chance for success. I am usually able to complete this game within 3 turns with the use of strategically placed shots and the right Element (Fire, Ice, Storm) on my pet.

You can almost measure the time it takes me in between sessions in seconds, so it doesn't require a lot of my gaming time.

The amount of Energy it takes me to reach "Adult" in my pet is minimal, which allows me to hatch, and train multiple "Baby" level pets if I have the necessary gold to hatch them.

When training a new pet, NOT an original pet, I only train it past "Teen" if the pet learns a desired Talent. If it doesn't, I sell it and work on hatching/training another pet.

Several resources needed to hatch and train pets are renewable, such as gold and Energy. High level Pet Snacks are harder to come by and require more effort, but through farming mobs, gardening, or purchasing Mega Snacks, you can stock pile plenty over time.

I hope I showed you a different POV, and you take from it what you wish.

Best of luck to you,

Gabriel
I use the Cannon game and choice of field as well. Every set of blocks on that can be cleared in 1-2 shots very easily and quickly. It takes about 20-40 seconds per play. With gardening mega-snacks it takes about 15 mins to get a pet from hatched to Ancient without using any elixirs.