Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-12-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hiya Wizards! Looks like we've had a reprieve from the cold weather here and I'm LOVING it. Lydia is a bit upset, but I'm sure she'll get her favorite weather soon enough **shudder**.

We love holidays here, and are always thinking of new ways to celebrate. As such, we'd like to ask everyone this - what is your favorite holiday addition to the Spiral and what do you like about it? This can be from any Wizard101 holiday, from any time of the year.

Have a lovely weekend, and stay warm!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Community Leader
I would have to say the Ice skates and of course the wall papers and rugs. Ice Skates because I have been wanting them since the winter winds tower first came out.The decorations ?because its new and time to up date my holiday house :)

Thank you so much Simply in Awe

Don't forget we finally get yuletide music!!

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
I like all the holiday decorations in town, though they seem a little sparse. I also wish the big holiday tree by the pond gave some kind of loot, like some housing items do when you visit them once a day. But I really do like all the festive decorations around town best, it makes everything feel like Christmas time! :D

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I love the new scrolls.. Love holiday music!! I love how the new outfits look.. and I really want the iceskates Thank you!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Wow, thank you for creating the winter pack; its awesome!

I love the music and skates, and the pet is really cool!

What are the chances of creating snowballs you can have and use everywhere; and not just in snowball fights. It would be very cool when you have no spells to use, you can throw a snowball at whatever you fight; or your friends in the commons.

Thank you again for creating a very cool pack!

Tyler

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
The charity mounts. Sorry, I never budget right to buy one. I'm always a Cubs fan and say "maybe next year"... However: I can't begin to imagine the number of people who you help with those!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2013
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The whole of the halloween festivities. Not that you can blame me, because it's the holiday that you put the most work into. You might improve the other holidays by giving some similar seasonal quests, like a caroling quest for christmas and an easter egg hunt for easter.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
I would say the new skates mount is so cool and I'm dying to have it. But the maple moose pet is really cool and I also want that. There is nice ice gear too, but everything in this new Winterland pack is great. :D

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Defender
Dec 15, 2013
i like the free crowns day on the 12 days of the spiral. i like it because we can get free crowns and who doesn't love free crowns. thats what i like the most.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I like the Christmas tree from the crown shop.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Christmas quests.

Quite like you have them at Halloween, you would have them throughout Christmas.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
I wish ki would make the ninja pig statue the 3rd one

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Definitely the Winter-land Pack! The new robes, hats & skates are WONDERFUL. I also like the variations of the housing items then with the Yuletide Pack! THANK YOU~Calamity IceWeaver

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
I'm a couple of days late on this but didn't see it till now. I like the Halloween decorations, but I especially like the birthday celebration with the gift packages you can open. I look forward to that.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
average moe on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
The whole of the halloween festivities. Not that you can blame me, because it's the holiday that you put the most work into. You might improve the other holidays by giving some similar seasonal quests, like a caroling quest for christmas and an easter egg hunt for easter.
This, perhaps the biggest marketing genius ever. Put a slew of sigils outside of mysterious abandoned towers in the free to play areas of the Spiral. The Death School still exists, but the Phantom Death school of Times Past reappears in all its haunted splendor only once a year, and opens its gates to all.

I ran those dungeons on my baby fire until my mouse buttons fell off.

I didn't have any areas bought or any subscriptions, then. Well, now I do.

Got some very nice stitchables from the level 40 dungeon - nothing looks as nice as a snappy captain's uniform and visor cap. Other unique things such as dragon bust wall mounts and drake statues, Keeper of the Flame style braziers, and ofc a very lucky rescue kitty named Milo, black as coal.

Very few level 10's running around in Ravenwood get to see what their level 48 spells might actually look like. Putting difficult towers meant for higher levels within reach of young beginners, with the obvious warning that they're meant for higher levels, is still a rare and exciting glimpse into the higher power that the Adept or Master wizard can call upon.

Baron Mordecai is actually a pretty nice guy. Despite being a shrieking horror mounted on a wormy ashen stave, if you manage to get a full group going in, he can be easy to corner and take down. Uniquely drops pretty much the only source of black brambles in the Spiral. More unique WC decor from him than from any other boss.

The other holiday I like to mention is Yuletide in July. For those of us who find ourselves busy with IRL family and travel plans during the "real" Yuletide, this weeklong glimpse of christmas future is kind of neat. Having packs of the stock yuletide stuff go on steep sale helps - anyone who is paying attention, knows the best holiday shopping is done in the middle of the year. Now if only gifting them included a "Do not open until December 25" tag!

Administrator
Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback folks! We'll have our last Feedback Friday of the year shortly...

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea