Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life needs more damage

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
Ki please people have been saying this since the game began yes life heals but what if your alone what do you do? You can not solo your weak and what if you don't have crowns your a sitting duck waiting to be taken out I had a Life his name was taylor ghost leaf and due to the fact that he had no power caused me to give it up I was in avalon before then. You need to bring more power to life if you don't Life wizards like me will suffer Please! Give life some more pride make it a soloing school make it possible to play if you don't what will the rest of us think? you will lose reputation you already have lost thousands of players don't you care about our needs!? Please help change life for the better

The hottest flame can melt the hardest heart.
Heather ashblade lvl 45

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Life has:
Extreme accuracy (90%, best in the game)
Decently high health
Extreme healing ability
You are NOT a storm, so don't play like one. Life is plenty good at soloing, I would put it up around Death for soloing, maybe even higher. It'll get easier once you get your AoE and train Feint, which you should have done by now. How you should play a boss battle:
1. Cast buffs, enough to kill the minion.
2. Centaur on the minion.
3. Heal yourself.
4. Cast more buffs on the boss.
5. Centaur the boss.
6. Heal yourself if needed.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 until the boss is dead.
I use the same style of gameplay on my Death wizard and it works very well. The only difference is that I heal when I drain, but Satyr gives you more flexibility (you don't have to attack for healing). The problem is not the school, the problem is how you play it.
P.S. Death has even worse damage, and I don't complain. My advice is to get an Enchanted Armament from Gladiator Dimachaerus in Olympus and train it to Ancient. This gives you two Sharpened Blades that you can use to enhance your blades AND put an extra non-enhanced copy on.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Life is fine the way it is. With it's big blades, once it gets Forest Lord it's great for solo and team play. Some of the life wizards I've met around the spiral are among the best hitters in the game. It is hard to solo until you get up to level 58, but after that it gets a lot easier.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Life's damage is fine.
My life wizard couldn't solo dragon spire and down, because she had rotten gear.
Now that she's in AZ, She can solo more things then my brother's storm.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Life is an awesome hitter. What it lacks in base damage it makes up in buffs, accuracy, and health. Look for ways to boost up big Forest Lords - amulet and pet buffs, trained spirit blades and traps, feint - and you'll find you can take down anything in the game.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
do any of you understand what I am getting at? Yes life heals but then what life is not seen as the school it should be all the new pets do damage guess what life gets dryad one of the weakest life heals in the game! all the other schools get pets that do damage every pet quest! we have two of them gnome and forest lord those are our best spells! Yeah with the right amount of time and training It can at least stay alive barley but we wont thrive until we get better spells people take Life wizards to be just healers in fights they ask you not to attack just heal there selfish yeah we heal and all but what about when we run out of heal I know what your going to say use henchman maybe some of us don't have enough to get crowns? you never thought of that I am just saying that life needs power not overpowered like a storm just strong enough to be a school worth fighting for and I think that it is worth fighting for that's why I am defending its pride yes all schools have what there good at but still life should not be all heal!
The hottest flame can melt the hardest heart
Heather ash blade lvl 45
former life taylor ghost leaf lvl 76 life may he rest in peace

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
then i would recommend saving up your training points until you get a mastery amulet for a different school so you do not have to use life spells all the time and still conserve power pips, you can win mastery amulets from high bosses such as waterworks.

there is balance in the eye of the sandstorm,

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Life can do lots of damage. Don't give up. Dust that life wiz off and make him awesome! Buff those spells and smash!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Theamazingbalance on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
do any of you understand what I am getting at? Yes life heals but then what life is not seen as the school it should be all the new pets do damage guess what life gets dryad one of the weakest life heals in the game! all the other schools get pets that do damage every pet quest! we have two of them gnome and forest lord those are our best spells! Yeah with the right amount of time and training It can at least stay alive barley but we wont thrive until we get better spells people take Life wizards to be just healers in fights they ask you not to attack just heal there selfish yeah we heal and all but what about when we run out of heal I know what your going to say use henchman maybe some of us don't have enough to get crowns? you never thought of that I am just saying that life needs power not overpowered like a storm just strong enough to be a school worth fighting for and I think that it is worth fighting for that's why I am defending its pride yes all schools have what there good at but still life should not be all heal!
Heather ash blade lvl 45
You won't thrive as a Life wizard only at your own choosing. Life wizards ARE healers first and foremost. If you don't want to be a healer, why pick Life? I still stick by my first statement though, some of the heaviest hitters in the game are Life. You apparently just aren't cut out for being an offensive Life wizard. You quit before getting your highest level attacks.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Heather ash blade lvl 45
You're being highly ranty here. The dryad pet does not give a regular dryad, but a new spell Hamadryad, which costs 7 pips, heals for 800, and removes a DoT. Also, very few people are going to actually use the 7 pip variants of their rank 10 spells, if that's any consolation. Life wizards are kinda healers. Granted, they can hit pretty well, an unenchanted forest lord hits for more damage than a Colossal scarecrow. if anything, Death and Myth should be complaining. Life is a school designed for healing, but it is still capable of doing some decent damage. Perhaps you should find ways to increase your damage output (feint?) because I have yet to see angry forum posts make you hit harder.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Theamazingbalance on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Ki please people have been saying this since the game began yes life heals but what if your alone what do you do? You can not solo your weak and what if you don't have crowns your a sitting duck waiting to be taken out I had a Life his name was taylor ghost leaf and due to the fact that he had no power caused me to give it up I was in avalon before then. You need to bring more power to life if you don't Life wizards like me will suffer Please! Give life some more pride make it a soloing school make it possible to play if you don't what will the rest of us think? you will lose reputation you already have lost thousands of players don't you care about our needs!? Please help change life for the better

Heather ashblade lvl 45
I can only talk about my own experiences.
I currently have a Life Wizard (Rowan Willowgrove) almost at the end of DS. The main pet I have been using is my Spirit Of Nature, which is trained up to Mega but does not have any healing talents.
When I first created a life character I was worried she would not be able to do enough damage to get through each world but this has been far from the case.
At level 43, the only big hit she has is Centaur, but when combined with life blades and traps it does a considerable amount of damage.
I chose storm as my secondary school since it does provide some "oomph" but to be perfectly honest I don't use my storm spells that often, usually only when I'm up against a life opponent.
I have seen Life wizards do some incredible damage with Gnomes (my favourite spell, animation just blows me away) as well as Forest Lord.
Don't forget Life Wizards also get Spinysaur another attack spell for your arsenal.
It may simply require you to adjust your playing style a little.
Good Luck!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My first wizard was Life. Back then, I did not have the friend base in game that I do now. Because of this my life wizard soloed nearly most of the game. She soloed all of DS before advanced pets, and long before they made the towers shorter. She even soloed the labyrinth. I never used henchmen. I did not use crown gear. The high power pip chance that often comes with gear aimed towards the life school allowed me to throw out centaurs, Seraphs, and fairies like crazy. I would often blade, trap, then hit, and still have a power pip to throw out a fairy if I needed healing.

Never while playing my life wizard did I ever feel like a sitting duck. Of all the schools, I think life is the easiest to solo with.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
I agree and don't agree with you,

Life is not a storm wizard life is meant for healing, you can do both work in groups or solo.
I'm a life wizard and honestly it's not that bad. You just need the patience to get blades and traps
With my blades and traps, along with the fact I'm only a level 49 it has taken up to 5,000 damage. People judge life by their weak attacks but again you need to take the time to blade, and get traps. Here's my opinion on soloing and groups with a life wizard,

With groups you will mainly be the healer and you will probably want a storm on your team, you can heal and do a bit of damage if needed while the other players attack.

Soloing might be a bit hard, I have done it and it isn't exactly hard it just takes longer because of weaker attacks but again I can manage to drop a couple thousand damage on them.

I hope I helped you understand my opinion on life

Paige Frostgem
Life, level 49

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
I think Life is fine the way it is, it all depends on how you play with your Life wizard. You can heal others better than any of the other schools, as long as you have the correct gear, and you also can be a nice hitter as long as you have the correct gear too!

Life couldn't be any more powerful than it is already because it would unbalance the game, given that Life isn't meant to be the best hitter around, it is meant to heal in the first place. Of course many people go for hitting as Life, but don't expect it to hit like a Storm or Fire, for example.

I do have a Life wizard and I can say it already hits a lot and couldn't imagine hitting more than I already do!

- Christopher
98 & 63

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
I like life but when I solo its a pain I think the should have made goat or the spider crafted spell should have been weakened since death got a second aoe I do use frog but eh I also use the the one tc with a +125 on it

Dakota FireMancer lvl 94
Dakota IcePetal lvl93
Dakota NightCloud lvl92
Dakota WyrmBringer lvl91
Dakota DeathBlade lvl91
Dakota LifeFountain lvl25

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Dude life is OP considering you get a ton of healing insane accuracy and if you combine lifeblade lifetrap and feint i guarantee you will hit 1000+ with a seraph and 2000-3000+ if you use anything stronger.
I can one hit bosses with 3000 health with my centaur and soloing isn't much of a problem either well at least not for me.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
Heather ash blade lvl 45
Man, fix your grammer. I can barely read your posts.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Theamazingbalance on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:

Heather ashblade lvl 45
Life does pretty low damage but you can have 40% blades but storm only gets 30% and you can boost your damage with gear also you can use sharpened blade/potent trap or you can choose death as a second school and get feint and you can get colossal to boost your damage. I don't think you should tell that it's weak because you can boost your damage with plenty of stuff

Brian ShadowTail level 85

Matthew BearRunner level 76

Nathan StarBlood level 29