Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Storm Secondary School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
Okay so I wanted to ask this since my Storm wizard has been struggling to defeat Storm bosses due to their very high storm resists, what is the best Storm secondary school at the moment?
I heard Myth, Life, and Death are possibilities(Myth for boost damage towards the storm enemies, if I use weak spells to take off their shields, Life for its healing, and Death for Feint).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Forget Myth. Life to Satyr and Death to Feint are pretty much needed for storm at higher levels. Relying on a second school for attacking is always a bad idea. Storm bosses are actually pretty easy for storm. Storm has great storm resist gear that still boosts attack. Check out the Bazaar, it would also help knowing what level you are. Every school does more damage using primary school spells with a prism than they would with any secondary school attacks.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
What I did on my balance (and It works on every school) is train in death up to feint and then get all of Sabrina Greenstar's shields (in the minigame fairgrounds) and also reshuffle (trainer found in the house near Mindy Pixiecrown). Good Luck!

Saffron Sandsword
Master

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello,

I don't know what level you are, but generally speaking your Prism spell is a Free option when facing Storm school mobs/Bosses. If you have a specific reason for wanting Myth as a secondary, consider acquiring a Mastery amulet to cast Myth spells efficiently. You may also consider using a Myth wand in certain fights to shatter shields. Your gear, I assume, strengthens your Storm spells so be aware your Myth spell damage will be handicapped without the additional Blades/Traps and gear boosts.

I agree with what you said about Life/Death schools.

I hope I assisted you in your questions/concerns.

Have fun in the Spiral

Gabriel

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Don't try to use damage from other schools. Use your storm prisms. Equip a myth wand in case they get a shield up before your prism.

Storm should train life to sprite (maybe satyr if you have mastery) and train elemental blade and trap. From there it depends what you are going to do, but for sure get all the sun damage enchantments.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Best Secondary for storm (please note I haven't tried this) is probably Death or Life. But if you don't mind you could train in each school a little bit to get the spells you want.

Explorer
Oct 31, 2013
justaguest on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Okay so I wanted to ask this since my Storm wizard has been struggling to defeat Storm bosses due to their very high storm resists, what is the best Storm secondary school at the moment?
I heard Myth, Life, and Death are possibilities(Myth for boost damage towards the storm enemies, if I use weak spells to take off their shields, Life for its healing, and Death for Feint).
I did on my storm and are getting pretty far. The only problem is the triple blades in balence, like +35 to , and , you have to get the other card for , and .