Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Needed Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
I've been considering making a new wizard for a while now, and I've seen complaints about there not being enough of this school or that school. My question is: what's the most underpopulated or most needed wizard, in your opinion?

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
Kymma Dawn on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
I've been considering making a new wizard for a while now, and I've seen complaints about there not being enough of this school or that school. My question is: what's the most underpopulated or most needed wizard, in your opinion?
I would say there are plenty of each wizard, what really is lacking is a wizard that really knows how to play his or her school. Battling or questing with any school is pure pleasure when that person knows exactly how to play their school.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
I can actually say death school is very underpopulated that and maybe myth but not that underpopulated
Brahm NIghtshade level 31

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Hello Kymma, I will try to help you as much as I possibly can. If you're new to Wizard101, then remember what I say in this post. Each school has it's goods and it's bads which makes all the schools equally balanced on the battlefield. I'll start by saying each schools positives and negatives:
FIRE
Positive: Fire is the second strongest schools and in my opinion, has a lot of neat spells.
Negative: Most of Fire's all enemy attacks are a Over Time spell meaning that the spell does _ _ damage first and then does _ _ damage over 3 rounds.

ICE
Positive: Ice is excellent for their high health, resistance, and critical block that they get
Negative: Ice gets the lowest damage and critical rating then all the other schools

STORM
Positive: Storm is the strongest school out there with the most damage both from spell and from gear and they get the most critical rating
Negative: Storm has very low health which can make it challenging to survive and their accuracy is the lowest at 70% so they fizzle a lot

MYTH
Positive: Uh, I can't think of one atm
Negative: Myth gets a lot of minion spells and their Rank 6 all enemy spell does only about 325 damage...I think. (getting a lot of minion spells is a negative for me since I'm not a minion user)

LIFE
Positive: Life gets a lot of healing spells which can help others in battle and keep everyone alive
Negative: They have only 1 all enemy spell and that costs 8 pips which is a lot of pips to wait for.

DEATH
Positive: Death is the only school that has drain damage spells. Drain damage spells does damage to the enemy and converts half as health for yourself which is very helpful in my opinion.
Negative: Uh, I really can't think of any atm

BALANCE
Positive: Balance has blades that anyone can use along with a trap that anyone can use so they can help blade someone.
Ran out of characters. I need to continue this in another post. Give me a minute

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Continuing on with what I was saying. I'll continue with Balance's negative:

Negative: Balance's blades are the weakest and same goes with their trap. Also, when they are against a balance enemy, they have no prism so they must rely on spells like Elemental Blast, Hydra, and Chimera.

As for me suggesting what school to pick, I find Death as the most balanced school and also, I can easily solo a lot of bosses on my Death Character so I would suggest death but it's up to you on which positive you liked the most and if you are able to deal with the negative (except for the fact that I couldn't think of a negative for death ). So I think Death is a nice evened out school to work with and I personally LOVE death school but once again, it's up to you. I hope this helped :D

Defender
May 29, 2013
Myth is by far the least popular school

A lot of people choose other schools, i believe, because it's name is kind of weird at face value. Myth?
I believe a lot of people chose Death because it sounded the coolest, or Storm because it's the most powerful
Fire and Ice, I believe, because they're the most familiar
Life because you can keep yourself alive for a long time

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Hello Kymma, I will try to help you as much as I possibly can. If you're new to Wizard101, then remember what I say in this post. Each school has it's goods and it's bads which makes all the schools equally balanced on the battlefield. I'll start by saying each schools positives and negatives:
FIRE
Positive: Fire is the second strongest schools and in my opinion, has a lot of neat spells.
Negative: Most of Fire's all enemy attacks are a Over Time spell meaning that the spell does _ _ damage first and then does _ _ damage over 3 rounds.

ICE
Positive: Ice is excellent for their high health, resistance, and critical block that they get
Negative: Ice gets the lowest damage and critical rating then all the other schools

STORM
Positive: Storm is the strongest school out there with the most damage both from spell and from gear and they get the most critical rating
Negative: Storm has very low health which can make it challenging to survive and their accuracy is the lowest at 70% so they fizzle a lot

MYTH
Positive: Uh, I can't think of one atm
Negative: Myth gets a lot of minion spells and their Rank 6 all enemy spell does only about 325 damage...I think. (getting a lot of minion spells is a negative for me since I'm not a minion user)

LIFE
Positive: Life gets a lot of healing spells which can help others in battle and keep everyone alive
Negative: They have only 1 all enemy spell and that costs 8 pips which is a lot of pips to wait for.

DEATH
Positive: Death is the only school that has drain damage spells. Drain damage spells does damage to the enemy and converts half as health for yourself which is very helpful in my opinion.
Negative: Uh, I really can't think of any atm

BALANCE
Positive: Balance has blades that anyone can use along with a trap that anyone can use so they can help blade someone.
Ran out of characters. I need to continue this in another post. Give me a minute
Myth has Positives, the double hits make shields useless, shatter, pierce and earthuake make clearing enemy shields and blades really easy, and don't forget stun effect spells.

Balance biggest positive is that no one has a shield for it. Which is why Balance has lower blades and no prism.

Death's only real negative is that its attack spells are weak and you tend to encounter a LOT more death school bosses than other schools.

As for which school is easiest to solo. For me that was Myth by far. I soloed almost everything on my Ice, Storm, and Death, except a few bosses. Myth was the only school that I could solo everything including Xilbalba and Tartarus with. My Balance is well on his way to finishing Azteca solo too.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I think myth is also seen as hard to quest with. Myth's main advantage is an ability to get around shields, directly with pierce or shatter, as a side effect of earthquake, or by using double attacks like minotuar or orthus. While that ability is very valuable in PvP it is much less so when questing. I agree with the poster above that I see fewer myth wizards than any other school, but I suspect there are more myth mastery amulets in PvP than any other mastery amulets, because people want to use power pips for pierce, shatter, or earthquake to remove shields.

There is also a lot of misplaced emphasis on the myth minions. People get excited about having cool myth minions then when they actually try them they find they are pretty useless, which may lead them to abandon myth. This isn't a problem specific to myth minions, actually minions in all the schools are pretty useless, but myth tends to be described as "the" school of minions.

If you want to play with others, life may be a good choice, as many wizards find having a life wizard around for healing very helpful, and you will be welcome in almost any group. However, you will have a hard time questing solo, offensively life is very weak.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I agree with the previous poster, Myth is by far the most unrepresented school. I'm not sure why. I have five Wizards . My Myth Wizard is in Celestia now, and quite frankly I have had tons of fun with it. It has two all enemy attacks, Earthquake and Humongofrog, and two attacks that need two Myth shields to thwart them, Minotaur and Orthrus. The blades and traps are fine, there is stunning spells and also some spells to wipe out negative wards and such. I can't wait to get the next Myth spell on that Wiz. My two higher level Wizards are Balance and Death, and I've had the most trouble on those two Wizards with Storm enemies. My Myth Wizard eats Storm for lunch, and so far has owned Balance. If I were a new customer contemplating my School of choice I wouldn't have a problem choosing Myth. Of course, you have to deal with old Baldy Cyrus Drake, but that's just part of the cost of doing business I guess. Lol. :D

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Underpopulated:
Myth
Positives: Good for saving crowns for henchman, good stun caster, unique in range of abilities and pvp strategies.
Negatives: The minions are rather dumb and do not care for recently set up feints or cheats. (Urgh them crazy Trolls at it again....), Can be easily wiped out with their own specialty of stuns, are not good healers.

Overpopulated:
Storm
Positives: Hugely advancing attack class, very strong critical average, good for a person who likes to be basic but yet wants to be strong at the same time.
Negatives: Too predictable in a PvP setting, horrible in defenses, only has one heal of Healing Current and the otherwise provided Fairy.

Most Recommended from my stand point:
Ice
Positives: Huge Resistance class, good for providing an array of pvp strategies, good transitions between attacking and defending.
Negatives: When one has many defenses it leaves them open for a more wanted target, enemies have more hatrid towards you (Since some moves cast Taunt additions), and yet again PvP strategy is predictable.

Best Of Luck,
Kane DB 95

"I found a book! :D .... its called, ..... oh wait this is the "Third Arc of Wizard101 plans", I didn't want to see that yet!!! DX" ~ Kane DB

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
To tell you the truth I believe Ice or myth are the least underpopulated because I just don't see many myth wizards on here. For Ice I believe people want all the powerful attacks and to get the fight overwith. Ice withstands attacks and has the weakest power so people will sometimes put it at the end of the list.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
We have a lot of each wizard, but i feel the life school is a bit underpopulated. The myth school is very underpopulated, but trust me, you don't wanna be myth. I say life school, maybe even death school would be good.

Angela Gem, Level 100

Katie GoldFountain, Level 49

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I would say it is the Spiritual schools of "Mind, Body, and Soul" (Ambrose) A.k.a. Myth, Death, and Life.
Reasons why:
: people don't really know how to use, made for shield breaking and very effective, once self-taught
: people don't wish to hear people who beg for heals
: It's death! You wanna be known for having a school with dead things and two famous villains?
Miranda "Where Kelsey Stormeyes go?" Dreamsong