Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Necromancer mania!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Well, I started this post because I've been noticing how a lot of players are underestimating us Necromancers, and I'm a Necromancer at heart (well, if i still had it that is). So, I figured I'd start a thread for my fellow Necromancers to show how much they love their school XD

So what do you love about Death? What don't you love? What would you change and what wouldn't you change?

My answers: I love Death because of the drains and undead theme! I don't really have any complaints about my school, except for the rarity of good death housing items (outside of the halloween season that is). I wouldn't change a thing about Death though XD we're cool just the way we are!

Morgrim, Archmage Necromancer

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
My first and main wizard is a necromancer. I absolutely love playing her because she is so versatile. She can solo much of the game, thanks in large part to Death's health steal spells keeping her alive (though her secondary school being Life does help greatly in that department). She can also play different roles in a group; she's been a hammer, and supported a group's hammer by buffing, shielding, softening up baddies for a hammer with DoT spells like Poison and (my favorite!) Deer Knight.

My other wizard is a diviner. I've not played her in weeks because she bores me. My necromancer never bores me.

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Survivor
May 04, 2013
Well in my opinion the life steal spells make death the easiest school to solo the game with, most of the time I don't even need potions because I leave battles with full health.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Lol agreed, Death is great for any type of combat style! I've tried the other schools but always find myself returning to my Death char XD

I'm a solo player as well, though I do have friends if the going gets a little too tough. I find Bad Juju and Virulent Plague to be a nasty combo, it made the Jabberwock's Cheat Meteor a joke XD and lets not forget good old Dr. Von's Monster, who's saved me so many times I don't know what I'd do without him!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I love Death because of Malistaire :)

Well, that and my second wizard is a max-level necromancer. After playing balance, death was super-easy to play by comparison... He has soloed virtually everything, save for the most ridiculous cheat dungeons, and I love him to death (bad pun intended, lol).

-von
AKA Valerian "death makes you die, it just makes me more awesome" Deathwhisper

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I love my Death because of my wizard's personality. Dr. Von (the board member), knows my Death wizard very well, and we had quested together with her Storm, Sestiva, and my Death, Valkoor.

I love the spells. I love the pets I spent so much time hatching for him. I love sucking the life from the enemy and have it pouring back to me.

I haven't had as much time to work on Val (he's L80 in Avalon), his gear and stats are really great. Add several choice pets with a variety of talents that I can switch to depending on any battle, my Death breezes through battles with just the right amount of gloomy attitude and nonchalance.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
While I usually solo with my Death, I LOVE that he can be a team player very easily with Sacrafice, Empower, Curse, Dark Pact and Feint. Nothing like being able to donate pips/health/blades/traps to help other people. We have the ability, though I rarely carry those cards. Life sap, ROCKS!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
i love death because its very dark and sinister.

i could tell you how close i came to turning into a real undead millions of times but thanks to my soul stealing
scarecrow he devours my enemies soul with a single glance and transplants it to me so i may live as flesh
covered undead mwhahahaha.

but in all serious though i love death magic i would have never passed dragonspyre without the health stealing
gameplay and the new shadow spells for my promethean wizard just go to well with me death wizard.

necromancers forever!!!! until my dying day (no pun intended)

shadow, promethean necromancer lvl 91
and talon shadowwraith lvl 65 necromancer

Survivor
Feb 01, 2014
I enjoy Death. I don't like the Skeleton spell, I think its sort of dumb. no real complaints. my Death Wiz has Balance for his Secondary and its bloody useful I like it. I also have a Storm wiz who's secondary is Life, Storm is a bit harder for me, which is why I enjoy it. A challenge, my Death Wizard: Artur Ironshield Storm: Marcus Windblade. in case you see me in-game

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
My very first character was death. I absolutely love it. Especially with deer knight. Questing was never a problem for me and i finished zf av az and kh reasonably fast. I just love the drain spells and i dont understand why Is so underrated!!
Its not the school, death is just hard to get used to, you just need to learn how to use it and take advantage of spells we get earlier in the game like doom and gloom, feint, plague, etc.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
CodyIronBreaker on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
My very first character was death. I absolutely love it. Especially with deer knight. Questing was never a problem for me and i finished zf av az and kh reasonably fast. I just love the drain spells and i dont understand why Is so underrated!!
Its not the school, death is just hard to get used to, you just need to learn how to use it and take advantage of spells we get earlier in the game like doom and gloom, feint, plague, etc.

Deer Knight is amazing XD I just hate how you have to craft it or get lucky with a Loremaster or Keeper's Lore Pack drop. And yep Death has a unique way of getting things done, there's been countless time a Theurgist joins my battle just to heal me when I use a drain and am fully healed. Death is about taking risks, living life on the edge (lol). Dr. Von's Monster has saved me so many times it's ALWAYS in my deck XD

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 83

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I avoided playing death school for a long time, because it was, well, Death. I personally tend to be more of a cheery life school green places kind of person.

But I kept noticing how well death players did due to their vampire-like spells, wiping out the enemies and then being at full health at the same time. I have rarely run into a death wizard who was not at the top of his/her game. So I decided to give death a try.

I love it. Great school. My death wizard at level 14 is already a PVP commander -- and prior to this I was terrible at PVP. It helps, of course, that I had a lot of great left-over death pets and gear from previous wizards who dumped the better equipment for other schools in the bank, and could also level-up the pets before I started to play. But so far, this is a great school!

Besides, sooner or later, all of us will have to make friends with Death.

Tenure for Dworgyn! Death rules!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
i love it! i'm a lvl 68 death wizard and it's pretty fun. i really hate how it has really weak attack example stormzilla 680-730 wraith 500 half which is 250 into health skeletal pirate could do more i would change that to at least 600 and all the other moves that are similar to it. i wouldn't change the overtime moves like poison and skeletal dragon those moves rock it's the only class other than fire that can do overtime moves unless it's a treasure card like ice elf storm elf and so on hope this

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
logan deathwizard ... on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
i love it! i'm a lvl 68 death wizard and it's pretty fun. i really hate how it has really weak attack example stormzilla 680-730 wraith 500 half which is 250 into health skeletal pirate could do more i would change that to at least 600 and all the other moves that are similar to it. i wouldn't change the overtime moves like poison and skeletal dragon those moves rock it's the only class other than fire that can do overtime moves unless it's a treasure card like ice elf storm elf and so on hope this
Lol the Drains are slightly weaker for the sole reason of having the ability to heal us off of the damage we deal. A wraith with Colossal Enchant does 600 or more, if not close to it. lol I can get wraith to do 6,000+ damage, and that's when I was a Master Necromancer completing Dragonspyre (which means I had no sun spell enchants at that time).

And lol all schools except Balance and Storm have a DOT XD Ice has Frostbite and Snowangel, Death you have already mentioned them but add in Avenging Fossil and Deer Knight, Life has Spiny, myth has Basilisk, and we all know Fire is king when it comes to DOT.

lol but ya skeletal dragon is by far my favorite Death DOT, mainly for the decent damage and awesome animation

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
logan deathwizard ... on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Every school except Balance and Storm have a DoT spell, of course you can always find some treasure cards that have already been mutated, along with some Astral Spells....

Death: Avenging Fossil, Poison, Skeletal Dragon, Deer Knight

Fire: Fire Elf, Link, Heck Hound, Scald, Fire Dragon, Power Link, Rain of Fire, Sun Serpent

Ice: Frostbite, Snow Angel

Myth: Basilisk

Life: Spinysaur

There are also Treasure Cards available for purchase at the bazaar that have been mutated already....

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Death will always be my favorite. I just learned Dr. Von's Monster, and find it pretty cool, and I'm not even in Zafaria yet! (Curse you Trial of the Spheres.) Even at my level I find Sacrifice to come in very handy. Me and my Staff of Solomon are a formidable pair.