Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

school of ice too powerful

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
i understand that most schools are evened out so they cant really be stronger than one another by a lot but i feel that ice school is a bit over powered because first its part of the 3 powerful offensive school triangle(), but unlike the other two ice has decent health and defense, and they have many stun spells plus the tower shield. so they are basically good at everything. give your opinons

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
The school is not to OP, the stuns are out of the way, you get stunned once and stun shields protect from others. Tower shields are worthless against ticks get rid of them. Resist is one of Ice notable things, but can beat the defense easily with the High Damage boosts.

I think they are even. Storm with little health can be taken out easily. Ice has weak base power of its spells but can resist a lot of damage. Fire spells work over time ( mostly ) so shields don't work that well but the attack is broken up over rounds, which gives the opponent a chance to do whatever he plans on doing or remove the tick with a spell ( I forget what it's called)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ThexBestxWizard on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
i understand that most schools are evened out so they cant really be stronger than one another by a lot but i feel that ice school is a bit over powered because first its part of the 3 powerful offensive school triangle(), but unlike the other two ice has decent health and defense, and they have many stun spells plus the tower shield. so they are basically good at everything. give your opinons
No it's not. All schools balance out between power, health, accuracy, etc. Ice is meant to be 'the tank.' This has been posted many, many times.

In fact early on Ice is pretty weak. And everyone can train it... it's not like you're missing much with the 'school only' spells because we don't even get Ice blade until level 38. So tell me how overpowered you can be at level 30. seriously.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
ThexBestxWizard on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
OK then, I see what your getting at but you do realize that Ice is a lot weaker than the rest of the schools?

~Luke NightTalon lvl 63

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
I think it is a good thing so when your in like winterbane hall it is pretty hard am I right I am a ice student level 40 and I have a victory for like everything unless it is doing pvp I find that hard sometimes

GO ICE

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
While it is true Fire and Storm are powerful offensive schools, I don't know where you got the impression Ice is in any way an offensive school. Only Balance and Life are anywhere near as weak as ice on offense. Ice wizards are all about being defensive tanks, the guys you want on your team to taunt mobs into attacking them while somebody else kills them.