Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Central Derby Tournaments

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Hello everyone!

Derby may not have official in game tournaments, but...we do have some on one of Wizard101's official fan sites-Wizard101 Central!

Wizard101 Central derby tournaments are a fun way to challenge yourself and meet plenty of friends in an organized, supportive, and competitive atmosphere.

Things I will be talking about:
I. About Wizard101 Central Tournaments and how to join them
II. Current Derby Tournaments and Ladders
III. All things derby!

Where can I find derby tournaments?

You’ll find all the derby tournaments on Wizard101 Central. And to join, all you have to do is make a Wizard101 Central Account! You can do this by navigating to the Wizard101 Central site located HERE and clicking “Register” in the top right hand corner. Once you follow the instructions and confirm your e-mail address, you’re all set!

How do I join derby tournaments?

There is a great illustrated guide to help you navigate and know how to join Wizard101 Central tournaments, that guide is located HERE.

If you would rather a guide that covers everything about central tournaments, that guide is HERE.

Competing in the Tournament

Once you join a tournament, please read the rules, and wait for the rest of the spots to fill. Once that happens, the brackets will be randomly set, and the tournament will begin. To see the brackets, just navigate back to the tournament page where you joined. Once there, take a look at the bracket and see who you’re up against. From there, it’s up to you to communicate with your opponent and get the match done. Once the match is completed, be sure to report your match so the tournament can continue.

Do I get anything?

Every tournament has Forum Gold as a prize. Forum gold is the currency over at Wizard101 Central and allows you to buy neat things in the Forum Gold Shop. Also, you have the opportunity to rack up points on the Derby Championships table! (We’ll get to that soon!)

Every once in awhile, (usually for the holidays) we have special crown prize tournaments! We sometimes may throw in a bundle prize here and there as well! ;)

All our current derby tournaments and ladders will be announced in a reply to this thread. So, keep watch!

Tournament announcements will also be posted HERE, our area on central.

III. All things derby!

Derby Championships

Throughout the year, participation in derby tournaments are tallied. At the end of the year, racers are seeded and a championship will be held for the reigning derby champ! See the 2013 table HERE as an example.

Course Records Table

Think your pet is REALLY fast? Try to get on the record table HERE!

Derby Hall of Fame

All past derby winners are on THIS thread and it's constantly updated. Just think, you could be up there!

If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to comment. Hope to see some new faces around central derby tournaments!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
And....we're off!

First up is probably a tournament MANY of you have pets for...."Almost Perfect!"

You know those pets that are almost perfect? The ones that were going so well.....until they got a selfish talent at epic?! Well, they aren't fails anymore, they can actually be of use!

This tournament is open to pets Teen-Epic that have a maximum of ONE stat boost. Perfect pets that have no stat boosts are allowed, but seeing as how this is derby and cheer cost matters, a pet with even one selfish talent could prove very advantageous.

HERE is a link to tournament information.

HERE is a link to the actual tournament page, where you can join. (NOTE: Only already existing central members can view this link!)

Good luck!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
ATTENTION: Prizes for the "Almost Perfect!" tournament have been changed!

Prizes now include packs!

So, get those PvP pets off the shelves and see what they got!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Defender
May 31, 2009
Still looking for 4 more folks for this tournament. Remember, pet's are only allowed to have 1 stat boost, so this isn't about unstoppable super derby pets. Pretty much any Ancient or Epic PvP or Questing pet could have what it takes!

Also, as Vanessa mentioned, there are now Card packs added as prizes. Winner will be gifted 6 card packs, 2nd will get 4, 3rd 3, and 4th place 2. So even if you don't think you have the PERFECT pet to win, you still have a chance at some loot!

Casp

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
First Gen MOS: Grizzleheim and the 6th Ancient derby tournaments are now looking for racers!

You can join First Gen MOS: Grizzleheim HERE.

You can join the 6th Ancient HERE.

You need to be signed into central to view those links. Can't wait to get these underway!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Defender
May 31, 2009
Just to tell you about two tournaments that are open right now.

Both tournaments are for pets that have no HURRY or no CHARGE abilities. Think lots of mutes, and lane locks, and steals, and all that "tricky" stuff.

The first tournament is for newcomers - players that have never won a derby tournament before. Pets must be Teen or Adult only. 10,000 Crowns to the winner, and prizes for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th too.

The second tournament is for those who want a bit more action as it's for Teen - Epic pets. Same idea - no hurry or charge abilities - but open to anyone. 10,000 Crowns to the winner and 5,000 Crowns for second place.

Derby needs you - join!

Casp

Defender
May 31, 2009
Caspeen on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Just to tell you about two tournaments that are open right now.

Both tournaments are for pets that have no HURRY or no CHARGE abilities. Think lots of mutes, and lane locks, and steals, and all that "tricky" stuff.

The first tournament is for newcomers - players that have never won a derby tournament before. Pets must be Teen or Adult only. 10,000 Crowns to the winner, and prizes for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th too.

The second tournament is for those who want a bit more action as it's for Teen - Epic pets. Same idea - no hurry or charge abilities - but open to anyone. 10,000 Crowns to the winner and 5,000 Crowns for second place.

Derby needs you - join!

Casp
Still looking for 4 more to join!

All you need is a TEEN or ADULT pet that has no Hurry or Charge ability.

And besides some fun races, you can win some prizes too - 10,000 Crowns to the winner, 5,000 Crowns to second, 4 card packs to 3rd, and 2 card packs to 4th.

AND its a newcomer tournament - for folks who haven't won a derby tournament before. Should be loads of fun!

Casp

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Sounds pretty cool! Do you need crowns to join? I am a free player with a teen krokomummy that has won every practice race except one. I would very much like to join if possible.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Yavin2 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Sounds pretty cool! Do you need crowns to join? I am a free player with a teen krokomummy that has won every practice race except one. I would very much like to join if possible.
Since all our tournaments are run as practice races, not only can free players participate, but crowns are NEVER needed! We award you for winning, you don't pay us, lol.

And, with that......the Lonely Thug Tournament is now out!

This one of a kind tournament has been popular in the past, with the goal to slow down your opponent, yet try to overcome their thug as well! It's double elimination, so, you'll have to lose twice in order to be knocked out of the tournament completely!

Hope to see lots of people join and good luck!

The Lonely Thug

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Exciting news!

"Master of Magic" has now begun with the opening of "Master of Magic: Storm!"

Here's some information on the new derby series:

Let's take a moment to welcome....."Master of Magic!" or MOM

MOM will work exactly like Master of the Spiral, except instead of switching worlds, we'll be switching schools! Each pet has a specific school type and each school will get a tournament for their pets to shine. We'll be going through all 7 schools with tournaments for both regular pets, and first generation pets. Just like Master of the Spiral, once all 7 individual tournaments have been completed, there will be a final "Master of Magic" tournament which will show who really is "Master of Magic." There will be plenty of opportunities to win, so get a head start and start working on some pets!

To keep things fair, we've decided that the order of the tournaments will correspond to the list of schools presented at the very end of the test you take before you make your wizard. I went through the test earlier today and took a screenshot of the list. Since I'm unable to post pictures here, I will list the results out for you guys!

Storm
Myth
Life
Fire
Ice
Balance
Death

HERE is the link to "Master of Magic: Storm!" Good luck everyone! :)

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
June is full of surprises and boy do we have some great things for you guys! See below for our awesome prize list!

On June 19th, "Piggle-A-Palooza" will open! Piggle-A-Palooza is for first generation stray piggles, a pet everyone gets from a quest when they're level 7! Everyone has access to this pet and since it's limited to first generation...no super pets! Everyone will be on the same playing field-so get training!

For the first time ever, we'll be trying to complete the first round in 1 day! So, if you're interested in participating, please vote HERE to share when the best time for you might be. We've never tried this before, so bear with us, and hopefully it works out as planned!

Finally, the prize list! (I think you guys will like it!)

1st-Night Garden AND Hatching Elixirs
2nd-Meadows at Dusk
3rd-Midday Estate
4th-Arcane Helpers Pet AND Hatching Elixirs
5th-Bumble Bee Pet
6th-Night Hawk Pet
7th-Shaolin Monkey Pet
8th-Mega Snacks

8 Prizes-so many opportunities to win!

Please contact Caspeen or myself if you have any more questions.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Defender
May 31, 2009
Vanessa Mythdust on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
June is full of surprises and boy do we have some great things for you guys! See below for our awesome prize list!

On June 19th, "Piggle-A-Palooza" will open! Piggle-A-Palooza is for first generation stray piggles, a pet everyone gets from a quest when they're level 7! Everyone has access to this pet and since it's limited to first generation...no super pets! Everyone will be on the same playing field-so get training!

For the first time ever, we'll be trying to complete the first round in 1 day! So, if you're interested in participating, please vote HERE to share when the best time for you might be. We've never tried this before, so bear with us, and hopefully it works out as planned!

Finally, the prize list! (I think you guys will like it!)

1st-Night Garden AND Hatching Elixirs
2nd-Meadows at Dusk
3rd-Midday Estate
4th-Arcane Helpers Pet AND Hatching Elixirs
5th-Bumble Bee Pet
6th-Night Hawk Pet
7th-Shaolin Monkey Pet
8th-Mega Snacks

8 Prizes-so many opportunities to win!

Please contact Caspeen or myself if you have any more questions.

~Vanessa Mythdust
Because this tournament has GREAT prizes, want to make sure everyone has a chance to participate!

This tournament is now OPEN to join, and the first round will kick off Saturday, June 28th, at 6pm CENTRAL time. For those who join (join! join! join!), meet in WU realm at the Practice Derby Pavilion. Even if you don't have a Stray Piggle to race and don't make it into the tournament, show up anyway and get to meet some fellow derby racers. My guess is you'll never see a larger collection of Derby Warlords at in one place at the same time again!

Casp

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
We're trying a new format, the "Race" format for our 1st Multi Ancient Tournament! It still needs four more people to get under way, so join if you want some derby fun!

1st Multi Ancient

If you have any questions feel free to contact me or Caspeen.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Master of Magic: 1st Gen Storm is now open!

Also....Central's 6th Birthday is here! We'll be holding a special tournament called "Stay in School" for the celebration!

Stay tuned for some updates on neat prizes!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
It's central's 6th Birthday and we're celebrating!

Come join "Stay in School," our 6th Birthday derby tournament! This tournament is open to first generation school pets and you'll love the prizes!

Prizes:

1st - 10k crowns

2nd - 5k crowns+ Lil siren or Flying Squirrel+Sparse Fond Pack

3rd - 5k crowns + Sparse Fond Pack

4th - 2k crowns + Elixir Pack

5th - 2k crowns + Elixir Pack

6th, 7th and 8th-1k Crowns!

16 spots, 8 winners! You have a 50% chance to win something!

Come join the tournament HERE and help us celebrate!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Defender
May 31, 2009
Vanessa Mythdust on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
It's central's 6th Birthday and we're celebrating!

Come join "Stay in School," our 6th Birthday derby tournament! This tournament is open to first generation school pets and you'll love the prizes!

Prizes:

1st - 10k crowns

2nd - 5k crowns+ Lil siren or Flying Squirrel+Sparse Fond Pack

3rd - 5k crowns + Sparse Fond Pack

4th - 2k crowns + Elixir Pack

5th - 2k crowns + Elixir Pack

6th, 7th and 8th-1k Crowns!

16 spots, 8 winners! You have a 50% chance to win something!

Come join the tournament HERE and help us celebrate!

~Vanessa Mythdust
There's been some awesome interest in this tournament so I've changed the tournament from 16 to 32. Still some great chances for prizes - two wins and you're guaranteed Crowns!

Hope to have this tournament under way this weekend...

These are pets that everyone has, so join, join, join!

Casp

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Hello everyone!

The 4th Epic Pet Derby Tournament is now open! This tournament is open to any and all epic pets! It should be a ton of fun, so sign up and show us what you got!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Something mythical walks this way! MOM: Myth is now open! This tournament is open to any and all myth pets (Psst...silverback wildclaws!) You can join by entering HERE.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Derby has been ghoulified!

Enter our spooooky Halloween Tournament HERE!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Defender
May 31, 2009
Hey Derby racers!

There's a TEEN Pet Tournament open on Central and we're looking for 3 more racers!

If you think you've got what it takes - speed, speed, and MORE speed! - then join up!

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/tournaments.php?do=view&id=284

Casp

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Our Master of Magic series continues with MoM: Fire!

Join today to try your hand at competitive derby!

MoM: Fire

~Vanessa Mythdust

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
Vanessa Mythdust on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Derby may not have official in game tournaments, but...we do have some on one of Wizard101's official fan sites-Wizard101 Central!

Wizard101 Central derby tournaments are a fun way to challenge yourself and meet plenty of friends in an organized, supportive, and competitive atmosphere.

Things I will be talking about:
III. All things derby!

Where can I find derby tournaments?

You’ll find all the derby tournaments on Wizard101 Central. And to join, all you have to do is make a Wizard101 Central Account! You can do this by navigating to the Wizard101 Central site located HERE and clicking “Register” in the top right hand corner. Once you follow the instructions and confirm your e-mail address, you’re all set!

How do I join derby tournaments?

There is a great illustrated guide to help you navigate and know how to join Wizard101 Central tournaments, that guide is located HERE.

If you would rather a guide that covers everything about central tournaments, that guide is HERE.

Competing in the Tournament

Once you join a tournament, please read the rules, and wait for the rest of the spots to fill. Once that happens, the brackets will be randomly set, and the tournament will begin. To see the brackets, just navigate back to the tournament page where you joined. Once there, take a look at the bracket and see who you’re up against. From there, it’s up to you to communicate with your opponent and get the match done. Once the match is completed, be sure to report your match so the tournament can continue.

Do I get anything?

Every tournament has Forum Gold as a prize. Forum gold is the currency over at Wizard101 Central and allows you to buy neat things in the Forum Gold Shop. Also, you have the opportunity to rack up points on the Derby Championships table! (We’ll get to that soon!)

Every once in awhile, (usually for the holidays) we have special crown prize tournaments! We sometimes may throw in a bundle prize here and there as well! ;)

All our current derby tournaments and ladders will be announced in a reply to this thread. So, keep watch!

Tournament announcements will also be posted HERE, our area on central.

III. All things derby!

Derby Championships

Throughout the year, participation in derby tournaments are tallied. At the end of the year, racers are seeded and a championship will be held for the reigning derby champ! See the 2013 table HERE as an example.

Course Records Table

Think your pet is REALLY fast? Try to get on the record table HERE!

Derby Hall of Fame

All past derby winners are on THIS thread and it's constantly updated. Just think, you could be up there!

If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to comment. Hope to see some new faces around central derby tournaments!

~Vanessa Mythdust
Cool

Defender
May 31, 2009
Been a while since I posted here, we're experimenting with a new format for Derby tournaments - Jr. Tournaments - in an attempt to make Central tournaments more..."approachable".

What makes a tournament a Jr. Tournament - vs. a the Regular format where ANYTHING goes, or 1st Gen Format for...well...1st Gen pets, or Multi Races where each race is done 1v3 - is that it's only open to folks NOT on the Derby Hall of Fame. Derby, like PvP, can be dominated at any time by a small group of players, and from what we're hearing this can be an obstacle for folks new to racing or new to Central from joining tournaments. As such, Jr. Tournaments are intended to get folks comfortable with playing in tournaments and give more folks a chance at winning. For those who enjoy the Jr. Tournament format, there will also be a Jr. Championship series that counts participation over multiple Jr. Tournaments. But even for those not interested in competing on the broader scale of Derby, this format is ideal for anyone who wants to compete but might not have a Derby SUPER pet to go up against some of the more...er....fantatical Derby folks.

So...anyone interested?

To kick off the Jr. Series, Vanessa is hosting a Newcomer tournament with some Gift cards as prizes. In addition to being a Jr. Tournament, it's also only open to Teen, Adult, or Ancient pets that do NOT have a Hurry or a Charge ability, which is something pretty much ANYONE should have. Saps, mutes, lane locks...it makes for some really exciting races!

Anyway, if you've ever thought about getting more involved with the Central Derby scene but were reluctant to join because you might not have the ideal pet to win...well, now's your chance. If you're lucky you might get a prize out of it. If you're really lucky, you might just discover just how fun participating in Central tournaments are. And if WE are lucky, you'll be hooked and join more!

Casp

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I think it's about time this thread was revived!

Want to learn more about derby and compete against some of the best? Whether you're a racing veteran or completely new to the track, Wizard101 Central offers several tournaments to showcase your skills. Check out two tournaments below that are in need of participants!

9th Adult: This competitive tournament is only open to ADULT pets. The top 3 will receive crowns!
2nd Jr. Teen: This tournament is only open to people who have NOT won a derby tournament before. It's a Teen pet only competition and the winner will receive crowns!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact myself or Caspeen. Good luck and have fun! (Join links below)