Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Same plot as Dragonspyre?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
One thing I just noticed today, Celestia has the same plot idea thing as Dragonspyre. In Dragonspyre you have to get all 3 portal stones, just like in celestia, then you prepare a drake(a bit different in celestia, another portal) so you can fight the final boss. Has anyone else noticed this before, why do you think KingsIsle did it?

Survivor
May 04, 2013
I wouldn't say that's considered the same plot...the plot is the story line, and gaining access to these portals isn't really a story line.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
This is like the rest of the game (DS and down). It's just diferent in some ways

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
You are right, they both involve collecting three things. But for different reasons, as stated in the dialogue.

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
I think your example with the portals was somewhat coincidental. However, I also think that it has to do with the way KingsIsle structures the game's plot. In most worlds, the main goal is to finish off that final dungeon, or best the final boss. That said, there are multiple steps that you must take to get there. For example, you mentioned Dragonspyre's portal stones and the portal pieces in Celestia. Another good example is MooShu. When in MooShu, your ultimate goal is to heal Emperor Yoshihito from the curse of the Jade Oni. But, you must first kill the three preceding Onis to achieve this goal. In all, I think that all worlds have a different plot, but they have the same plot structure.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2013
red25137 on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
This is like the rest of the game (DS and down). It's just diferent in some ways
No, not Marleybone. Its just trying to get the Krokonomicon (if i spelled that right)

Saffron Level 36Wizard