Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding Better Rewards to Briskbreeze Tower?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
So I just had a question I wanted to ask:

Should there be better rewards to gain from Briskbreeze Tower for the Level 50's?

Aquila has cool gear sets for Wizards Level 30, 70, and 90. The Waterworks has the Waterworks gear, Tower of the Helephant has the Lexicon Ring and Blade, and the Spiral Geographic Warehouse has the Wayfinder Set all for Level 60.
I think the gab should be closed at Level 50 with a new gear set from Briskbreeze Tower. Right now, it's just a challenging space for those who want it, but nothing much to show for it. I think it would be nice if some kind of special reward was granted from the bosses in this tower for Level 50's. It would make this tower just a little more desirable for Grandmasters.

What do you think?

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
I feel the same way you do, but what gear would you like from there? Or Xp?

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I agree with you on this one. I did it recently with a couple of friends and we were stunned at the low amount of gold and useless, low saleability drops we got. Even the final battle which took us over 2 hours had lower rewards than you get in Mooshu. I don't know what happened to the loot table for that but something really went buggy because I have absolutely no incentive to put myself through that kind of frustration for so little reward.

Historian
May 06, 2009
MiguelThefirst on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
I feel the same way you do, but what gear would you like from there? Or Xp?
I'm not quite sure myself. Something identical to the Wayfinder set. Maybe something that is defensive based for all schools. Like a little universal resist, resist to the school, and resist to 2 other opposing schools. Dropped gear with stun resistance would be a blessing. The set, and a weapon, should also have some focus on block. Nothing overpowered but fair. I also think the sets should give some spell cards. So I'll make an Ice robe for a concept:

Briskbreeze Armor
Level 50+
No Auction

+6% Power Pip Chance
+8%Damage
+7% Accuracy
+15% Universal resist
+15%Resist
+10%Resist
+10%Resist
+20% Stun Resistance
+36 Critical Block rating
+1 Frost Giant item card

Something along these lines.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I disagree with updating rewards, here's why:

1.) It is commonly accepted that updating old content (with new rewards) rarely pays off in terms of the development team divesting attention away from new content (which is likely to bring new players or returning players).

2.) King Artorius already mentioned that the team wants to update/continue that quest line sometime in the future. I would assume a better option would be to create a new dungeon with better rewards that requires the completion of Briskbreeze Tower to access it (how else could you continue the story/quest without knowing the result of beating the tower?). This new dungeon(s) should be accessible by level 50+

3.) Briskbreeze Tower does have something to show for it. The rare school rings that Orrik drops are some of the best available in that game at that level (especially not counting Crowns rings).

Historian
May 06, 2009
Oran of Urz on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
I disagree with updating rewards, here's why:

1.) It is commonly accepted that updating old content (with new rewards) rarely pays off in terms of the development team divesting attention away from new content (which is likely to bring new players or returning players).

2.) King Artorius already mentioned that the team wants to update/continue that quest line sometime in the future. I would assume a better option would be to create a new dungeon with better rewards that requires the completion of Briskbreeze Tower to access it (how else could you continue the story/quest without knowing the result of beating the tower?). This new dungeon(s) should be accessible by level 50+

3.) Briskbreeze Tower does have something to show for it. The rare school rings that Orrik drops are some of the best available in that game at that level (especially not counting Crowns rings).
1.) I do know this, however KI has done this before on Pirate101 with a recent update where they added new gear sets for lower level players. They also did some gear improvements in an old update for Wizard101 (around 2008-2009 I believe). They also constantly update old stuff in the miscelaneous section of every update so I'm not asking for this to be some major. So it may not pay off, but doing this shows KI listens to player feedback on old content, and that they do care an enhancing game play for players coming into the game. It's more than likely that, with KI's offensive set mindset, and Wizard101's seemingly "cash-cow" purpose of the two games, such an update may not happen, but I wanted to make a suggestion. It would be nice if KI refreshed just a few things in older content here and there. And it doesn't have to be all at once, I'm not suggesting that.

2.) I did read that comment from King Artorius, and I'm glad to hear they'll get back to it, but my concern now comes to, when will this actually happen? That quest came out about 2-3 years ago. Another installment could be next major update or 3 years after that or never due to time and priorities. But what excites me is the possibility of a new minor quest line that adds new challenging dungeons from Wizard City to Dragonspyre. 'Makes the old worlds more entertaining to those who already finished them.

3.) I didn't recall him dropping rings, so I will look into that. Hopefully they weren't the rings you could get from the Great Spyre in Dragonspyre, otherwise, it's still nothing to look into. The rings also seem like a small and overseen reward to a Wizard doing the quest, which is relatively more challenging than what you get back. The Tower of the Helephant has similar, small rewards, yet more Wizards are willing to wait until level 60 and do that place over Briskbreeze. And at the time you're doing Briskbreeze, you're also starting Celestia, which offers easier to obtain items for less of a headache. It would nice if with these rings were accomanied with some rare Decks, Amulets, Athames, Wands, and a pet or pets. It would make the dungeon seem more eye-catching. All I'm saying is that rings, a badge, small gold, and little experience is not anything interesting to go for compared to the challenge inside.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Adding maybe some new pets, wands and treasure cards I could see. Special gear akin to Waterworks, definitely not. It's not a particularly difficult dungeon to start with. It already drops unique lvl 50 school rings that you can't get anywhere else. It definitely doesn't warrant the status of mastery amulet drops like Helephant has.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I like this idea! It shouldn't be anything crazy, but maybe some nice looking school designs to stitch, or some distinctive wands or a pet. Brisk was popular when it first came out, but now few people do it. That's a shame.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
It's my quest. I cannot get past it. Anybody around to run it with me? I think I need it to get my last storm spell. Maybe?