Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minotaur Q

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
When looking at the Minotaur spell, it says you do 50 and 445... I can't help but wonder, as the damage is split, does that mean that if the enemy has a shield, the shield will only apply to that initial 50 and not to the 445? I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't split things like that all the way cause then that would really hurt one's ability to boost it with traps and charms and such, but still that might be useful if an enemy is spamming shields....

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
braeinic on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
When looking at the Minotaur spell, it says you do 50 and 445... I can't help but wonder, as the damage is split, does that mean that if the enemy has a shield, the shield will only apply to that initial 50 and not to the 445? I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't split things like that all the way cause then that would really hurt one's ability to boost it with traps and charms and such, but still that might be useful if an enemy is spamming shields....
each hit triggers a shield

so lets say it does 50 then 500

if your opponent has 2 50% tower shields up it will first do 25 then 250

Blades (charms) will count toward the whole spell while traps will only add to one hit.
You can double trap in order to affect the second hit and even use the first hit as a shield breaker before you deal the second hit which is greater

the blade part works slightly different if both hits are from opposite schools (balance's hydra and chimera)

The blade will affect all damage that it boosts
A triple elemental blade will only affect the school that each one is assigned to but a universal balance blade will work for the whole thing because its universal. The traps will function the same way as a myth wizard's twin hit spells allowing their triple elemental trap to be triggered on each hit.

I hope this is helpful

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
You thought is correct, trap or shield only affects the hit it is used for, ie-first hit takes out shield for clear second hit, provided their isn't a second shield. Rule of thumb, blades count for entire spell, traps and shields only affect current hit. So if you have multi hit spell or a dot spell the shield only affects initial hit, but if they have multiple of same shield, the shield will protect based on number of those shields they have.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
braeinic on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Yes. One shield will only affect the first bit of damage and the next bit will be a full power (if they only have one shield up).