Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clemente Moraga, solo?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
This boss has nothing to do with school quests and yet it's solo. It truly should not be. I've tired to beat this boss so many times I lost track and I always die no matter how hard I try! That goes with school quest bosses too, they should never be solo for the reason being it makes the game less fun to play. I do enjoy this game, however after awhile of just dying non stop and doing everything possible to try not to die causes more of a headache than anything else! Stop solo battles! Make it so people of your class can help each other which could also improve team work strategies for wizards of your own class.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
There are some things IRL you must face on your own, without help. The same is true of the game.

You could look at some strategies on the wiki to see if he has any cheats or vulnerabilities you can work around.

Before you try again, I suggest you look at his strengths and weaknesses and plan to change your gear, deck, and play style to take advantage of that knowledge to win. If you are getting burned out, get fire resist gear at the bazaar - some of the cheap lvl 56-58 options can get you up to 50% fire resistant. If you're fire school, you can get this up to 80+ percent and retain your accuracy and damage with the lvl 58 hat.

Look at running Waterworks or crafting the azteca crafted gear for your school if you haven't already. Try picking up some fire shield TC, infection TC, weakness TC, anything you think will help turn down the heat. Train your pet if you haven't already.

The good news is, all his minions are also fire, so you should not have to worry about multiple damage types - focus on surviving a lot of DoT fire spells and you should do well.

And it is sort of school spell related - you are unlocking the sun obelisk so it's a test of whether you are ready for the more powerful spells you get from it. If you're losing to him, it shows you are not ready, so to speak.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
you could get some training points, learn some life and get something with a life critical rating.
I think she is death, right?

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
I actually finally did beat him once I got the level 88 spell with a bit of help getting my deck set up. I still see no reason why bosses that have nothing to do with school quests are solo? It still doesn't make sense, but whatever. By the way I'm not a death wizard, I'm a life wizard.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
Finding this to be impossible on a fire wizard. My ice got it first try. My fire wizard is mostly or all the way dead by the time it takes to get convert on (if they don't show at very end), get pip up and launch an attack.

This is with fire resist armor, decent crit block, over 4k health, a ton of dispells, shields, and heals. Plus a good pet with fairy and spritely. The pet gets very few chances to heal since the battle restricts pet activity but its better than nothing.

All I can do is make the battle last a long time and still fail in the end. Sometimes I can kill off one minion before I die.

Advice is appreciated.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Belcho on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Finding this to be impossible on a fire wizard. My ice got it first try. My fire wizard is mostly or all the way dead by the time it takes to get convert on (if they don't show at very end), get pip up and launch an attack.

This is with fire resist armor, decent crit block, over 4k health, a ton of dispells, shields, and heals. Plus a good pet with fairy and spritely. The pet gets very few chances to heal since the battle restricts pet activity but its better than nothing.

All I can do is make the battle last a long time and still fail in the end. Sometimes I can kill off one minion before I die.

Advice is appreciated.
Same experience. After just having gone through Wanadi and his two minions, this is extremely frustrating-- nearly infuriating. What the heck?! Going from a 3v1 against two minions into a 3v1 vs. three mobs (as a Wizard) is ridiculous. And these fire mobs have even more health and apparently higher crit blocks. Gar! Is there any particular reason KI doesn't seem to want Fire wizards to learn the Azteca stellar spells? The irony here is that Furnace actually looks weaker than most other other schools comparable spells (most get a pip boost, but we get an accuracy boost instead-- which I would argue we don't actually need at this level).

I, too, would appreciate some advice for this.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
This boss was actually quite easy for me because I spammed heal spells and ended up winning easily. So NaomiButterfly if you could reveal your school to me I would be happy to tell you how to solo this boss.

Ryan Duskspear Level 90 Death

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
I think KI is doing this because they want us to spend crowns on henchman, it is how they make their money. I was never able to solo any Azteca bosses without buying henchman and Lord knows I tried again and again and again and failed over and over.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I agree with Sierra Pixiedust. I feel like KI is trying to force me into buying crowns gear, crowns pets, or crowns henchmen in order to progress in the game.

@cooldude, I can see death wizards completing this fight easily because you fire shield yourself for 3 rounds then cast a scarecrow which not only damages the targets but fully restores your health. You repeat until the minions are dead, then focus on the boss. As long as they don't hit you with an efreet, you can't lose.

As a balance wizard, I'm spending too many rounds shielding and too many pips healing. I don't have enough rounds/pips left over to blade and strike. The fight drags out for a very long time, depending on my luck with crits, shields, and pet heals, but I don't see how I can win.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
After all my complaining (and I am still not over how hard the stellar school fights were for fire wizards), I took the advice of a few posters who suggested seriously ramping up fire resist by buying some bazaar gear. It worked pretty well. It was still a very, very long fight, but it was certainly much easier than doing it with the crafted gear I usually use. As I recall, I got fire resist up to around 70% or so. It still got rather tight near the end, as Clemente has at least one non-fire spell that critted for over one thousand. He also starts healing when he is low (and he always crits the heal).
Still, lesson learned: never underestimate the power of resist gear.