Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Questions

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
While playing today I wondered a few things about our pets, in order to have them be more useful. So, let’s just dive right in. Do you feel:

1) all pets should have a spell card given to us by owning it (or trained to certain levels). For example, a Stray Piggle would give you a myth spell that does 50 Damage, a Golden Piggle would give you a myth spell that does 80 damage, etc

2) spells given to wizards from pets should be upgraded from the regular cards? For example, if you had a firecat pet, it would give you a firecat spell that would do 150 pts of damage to one enemy over three rounds.

3) pets that have spell cards should have a spell aligned with their own school? Example: I have a Brown Spider pet, which is Death School, which gives a Life School Giant Spider spell. Wouldn’t it be better served to make this a death spell variation instead of an oppositional school spell that in most cases won’t even benefit the caster (due to pip limitations)?

4) pets’ spell cards should follow the right pip costs? Example: I have a Scarecrow pet who gets Ominous Scarecrow. Normally Scarecrow does 400 per enemy, but this one does 525 to all. It also costs 8 pips instead of 7. Now true, it does get boosted damage, BUT, this is no different than having a Regular Scarecrow + Giant yet it costs MORE than the combined cards do.

5) spell cards from pets be given higher accuracy rates? For example, the Scarecrow pet gives you an Ominous Scarecrow at 85% accuracy, the same as the normal Scarecrow

6) spell cards from pets should have slightly different animation from the regular spells?

7) Should pets give an added benefit of upgrading the regular spell card prior to buffs? Example, Phoenix Pet yields a Grand Phoenix which does 542-620 damage and gives -45% to next spell. If you had a phoenix pet equipped and had a phoenix spell in your deck you're battling with, should it upgrade the standard phoenix spell (515-595) to the grand phoenix stats (542-620 damage + -45%) prior to buffing?

Just random thoughts I figured I'd put out there