Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lower pet hatching prices

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
i personally think that the price of hatching is over priced

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
If you think they're high now, you should have saw them when hatching first came out. They have already reduced the price of hatching greatly, and the prices are pretty fair now. Go farm a boss or quest and sell all of your unnecessary items in the bazaar. It really isn't that hard to work up 30,000-45,000 gold.

Ashley SummerFountain

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
kidd frost on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
i personally think that the price of hatching is over priced
I agree - many times I go the the hatchery and wizards who have managed to get their pets to adult want to hatch with me - I do this randomly with usually with my forest lord pet - most every time it comes up with Not enough to purchase this for the other wizard. I feel bad because I know they took the time to get that pet - no matter what it is to this level and now they are unable to do what they wanted with it. In the old days I used to unload treasure cards on them if they were close having enough gold so they could go sell them and return.

I am sure there is a good reason why the pricing is set as it is but I do feel bad when the other person can't get what they wanted out of it. I suppose I could also just train up a lower level pet and use that for random hatching because I am not sure these wizards care what stats are yet.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2012
I agree wholeheartedly. I have a few awesome pets, but when I go to hatch they cost more than a house! So finally, I just bought the house.

Moira Sandriver lvl 30

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
I think the price are just fine the way it is, if we lower it the people can just hatch whenever, and that is not challenge and too easy for players

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Kingsisle probably had the Hatching system like this because they're looking at Mega pets, with Spritely, Unicorn, Fairy, and resist. It shouldn't cost only 17500 gold to get a baby spritely unicorn fairy resist pet to train. I think it's perfectly fine. If you have acess to Halfang in Vestrilund, you should farm him. He drops good selling items and has low health. He's more like a miniboss.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
It never occured to me that to hatch pets, one must pay for the hybrid baby.