Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is the minion still there?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Well, what I remember (unless I missed something), when you defeated a minion but not the boss and the boss defeated you, when you came back, the minion was GONE and the boss was still there. Why fix this KI. It made it worth coming back to try and beat the boss again. Now, i'm storm, making it harder to beat bosses. This is my 2nd storm wizard so I know how it works for the most part, but I die about once every three boss when i'm alone. Anyone know why this is like this now?

Brianna StormThief - 90, Brianna Thunderbreath - 76

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
ProStormgirl101 on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Well, what I remember (unless I missed something), when you defeated a minion but not the boss and the boss defeated you, when you came back, the minion was GONE and the boss was still there. Why fix this KI. It made it worth coming back to try and beat the boss again. Now, i'm storm, making it harder to beat bosses. This is my 2nd storm wizard so I know how it works for the most part, but I die about once every three boss when i'm alone. Anyone know why this is like this now?

I do miss those good ole days when that was the case also - especially with the 3 against one spell battles - geez are you kiddin me or what.

I think it boils down to the challenge, most people prefer to have a battle as hard as it possibly be so removing defeated monsters would not make the battle hard enough for those players, granted they could just reset the instance but that would be a pain for them and heavens knows we don't want to make the game any easier for the regular people. I mean do the math - what is Avalon and Aztecia really geared for?

Seems to be the only reason I can come up with?

"Caution" questing in these worlds, for some, can cause the following adverse side effects: banging head against wall, disassembling various computer parts and or beating them in to submission, usually causing black screen on monitor or mouse parts all over the room, throwing entire thing out the window, using words you don't normally use and more. Proceed at your own risk. Every one keeps telling me "it's just a game".

What's your take on the game, are you going to, lead, follow or just get out of the way?
Mary StarGem Leader

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ProStormgirl101 on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:

Not ALL dungeons work like this at all. Some regenerate or whatever and you have to battle the minions again. There's nothing to fix. It's always been this way.