Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conduct and Attitude

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Earlier this week I was passing through the shopping district and right near the entrance to old town was a large group of people. I stopped to see what was going on and to my surprise it was basically a fight in words it seemed like between two or more groups of people. It became very ugly and distrespectfully to themselves as well as others near by. People need to remember this is just a game and if this game makes you that upset maybe this is not the place for you. I left after a couple of minutes. People can be so hurtfully with words which you can never take back. This is the uglist side I have ever seen in KI which is not their fault. It is just a few whom had some kind of a problem that they handled it all in the wrong way. Please try to be respectufly of others and remember there are children playing also. I am not one of them, I am elderly. If you have to get angry with each other at least keep it clean. Hope this improves and I am sorry for the poeple that were having problems. Phyllis

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
4phyllis64 on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Earlier this week I was passing through the shopping district and right near the entrance to old town was a large group of people. I stopped to see what was going on and to my surprise it was basically a fight in words it seemed like between two or more groups of people. It became very ugly and distrespectfully to themselves as well as others near by. People need to remember this is just a game and if this game makes you that upset maybe this is not the place for you. I left after a couple of minutes. People can be so hurtfully with words which you can never take back. This is the uglist side I have ever seen in KI which is not their fault. It is just a few whom had some kind of a problem that they handled it all in the wrong way. Please try to be respectufly of others and remember there are children playing also. I am not one of them, I am elderly. If you have to get angry with each other at least keep it clean. Hope this improves and I am sorry for the poeple that were having problems. Phyllis
I certainly hope that if the language being used was foul, that you made some reports. This is something myself and others have been trying to get cleaned up for a while now.

I don't know what has happened with the Hall Monitors, but from what I have been seeing, there needs to be many more of them in the game.

Fallon WinterLeaf
a founding member "Wizard City Protector"

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It is sad isn't it? I've seen so much fighting, bullying, and downright disgusting behavior while playing it kind of takes you aback. If there was swearing involved, I hope you reported them. I do. All the time. it probably does no good, but it does let them know that people are watching.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Sadly, the people who display this sort of behavior don't come to the forums. Even if they did, I doubt they would care how much their actions bother others.

In situations such as the one you described, your best friends are the report and ignore buttons.

Since i began playing in May of 2009, I have seen all sorts of behavior. The worst behavior happens in the free to play areas. I do my best to avoid those areas. Although there are a lot of rude and vicious players, I believe there are many more who are very kind and helpful. Many people often see the bad language and foul actions of a few in the game and forget about all the good people playing.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
this is the hall monitors job, who aren't always present. unfortunately cyber bullying isn't going to just stop. even those who dont have open chat can find ways around the filter

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
I would of reported there sorry Butts.... there is no room not even the slightest for any abusive behavior in this game.... trust Kings Isle doesn't tolerate any offensive remarks and bad behavior what so ever....

Thanks For Reading....

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
So the same thing happened once to me in the commons...
Two boys fighting in words because one was being rude or something... I don't know. But anyway so I said something like "stop" or "this will not turn out good!" To them and they ignored me. Minutes later I was in Wysteria when some guy who must have been watching the fight asked me if I was a adult. I replied no. Then he said really? and I said really. He said because you mature. I'm mature? I new how bad this would be, so I took charge.

I am tired of people being rude or mean or disrespectful to each other. We can't do anything to change it, so trying would be worthless, but my point is if you have been one of those fighters, how did it turn out? Not good? Did you apologize? Did they?

In conclusion, ignore these people. Teasing is one thing, hurting others is another. Even adults need a reminder that hurting feelings is not right. just click the ignore button. Either switch realms or go on. KI will not ban or mute others for being rude, but they will for saying cuss words. I am sorry for those hurt by others, although this has never happened to me, I know what is feels like.

Oh- and about Phyllis said, he is correct. I completely agree.

Molly

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Thanks for the responses...the next time if there is one I will report them. I have been with KI for 10 months now and I am a paid member. This is really the first time I see such behavior. One person said stop...but the crowds got bigger and people just jumped into something I don't think they even knew what it was about. I know I don't. I just left. I didn't want any part of that. If it ever happens again I will take notes and report. Thanks everyone for the great advice.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
iateaunicorn12 on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
this is the hall monitors job, who aren't always present. unfortunately cyber bullying isn't going to just stop. even those who dont have open chat can find ways around the filter
Hall Monitors were not added to the game until late last summer. They are not KI staff. Although it would be much better if they were.

At the request of the players not long after the game went live, KI added the report and ignore buttons giving us the ability to report those using foul language and other terms that are not acceptable.

This game was the idea of a gentleman that did not like what he was seeing in the games his young son was playing where the language is not filtered nor is it reportable in those games. The unfortunate issue is that the wizarding community has become so large that it takes way to long for the staff to review all the reports. The advantage of having Hall Monitors is that those reports are handled much faster.

I would like to suggest that anyone that is interested in helping clean up the game, PLEASE read some topics under Headmaster's Announcements and the Terms of Use very closely. If you are in doubt whether something is reportable, don't report. Foul language and racial comments are most definitely reportable as well as a few others such as certain types of "slurs" that can't be mentioned on the boards.

Fallon WinterLeaf
a "Wizard City Protector"

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I was in Krok last night with my little storm guy and saw someone making fun of another in all caps (Noob, etc). They were a bit away so I couldn't exactly see who was who, but after their match one of them joined my battle. He was a menu chatter so I knew it wasn't him. Then I saw someone enter another battle and shortly afterwords go critical. Yep, this guy.
So he comes by and has more taunts at us (we are Krok level) and I replied to him and called him out. I merely said 'Tough guy, eh?"
This lit him up about how he usually isn't so mean, laughing, etc. Then he swore around the filter and I reported him. He replied: "Really, dude?"
I just said "Yeah, Really." Then he left.
Reporting is the easiest thing to do if you encounter ToU violations. You do not even have to say anything, KI has empowered you to help with the reporting feature.

As an aside, most of these bullies are frustrated somewhere in the game. One bully that I reported over and over I asked if they needed help with a quest, and they actually said yes. I helped the wizard through some parts of Celestia, and how I got the gear I was wearing and the strategy I used (we were both necromancers).

Frustration breeds anger, which leads to demeaning others to make you feel better. I have no doubts that this is why a transcendent pyromancer was running around Krok demeaning people. They are stuck somewhere in the game.
If you see something reportable, click report, put down a quick reason, and go about your game. Easy as pie. You have all the power you need.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010