Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does soil disappear after elder harvest?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Not sure if it stays or goes.

I need to know since I will need to know if I have to save crowns.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dogempire on May 19, 2013 wrote:

I am guessing you have just started gardening. No, once you have set the soil plots, they remain until you dig them up. There is a specific spell for plowing up dead plants and your plots that has the icon of a Shovel, so be sure you only use it for getting rid of the plots or dead plants you no longer want.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dogempire on May 19, 2013 wrote:

The soil/pots do not disappear, they remain

Survivor
May 13, 2012
it stays. but why use up mana to make a plot when you can buy pots at the baazar and arrange them anywhere you want and take them with you to your next home?

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
no it doesn't. the only way to remove soil is to plow it.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Soil does not go away with elder harvest.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
The soil doesn't disappear. That way, you can use one soil plot multiple times. If you want to get rid of it just use plow.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The soil remains after an elder harvest.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
It stays, the way to get rid of it is a different spell, can't remember which tho

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Soil plots stay until you remove them. It cost 1 energy to remove a soil plot. I have many abandoned gardens in various houses just because I am too darn lazy to remove them. One of these days I will plow them over.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
DragonLady1818 on May 19, 2013 wrote:
I am guessing you have just started gardening. No, once you have set the soil plots, they remain until you dig them up. There is a specific spell for plowing up dead plants and your plots that has the icon of a Shovel, so be sure you only use it for getting rid of the plots or dead plants you no longer want.
Actually I am a grandmaster gardener and have difficulty remembering if it disappears.

Reason why I asked is I found out a way to farm 200 mega snacks a week. But it takes about 10 energy elixirs to set up and 4 energy elixir to replant my plants. I prefer planting things at the same time and not over several days.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
This is completely random, but you used couch potatoes to get that many snacks didn't you

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
TheAwesomeMyth on May 20, 2013 wrote:
This is completely random, but you used couch potatoes to get that many snacks didn't you
No, I dislike couch potatoes because in a week your max amount of mega snacks is lower than the amount I can get using my method.

Yes potatoes guarantee a mega snack. But I prefer a chance to get a mega snack over a guaranteed one mega snack.

Couch potatoes according to the wiki give 11% chance to drop rank 8 or 9 snacks. Rank 8 is a mega snack in my opinion.

11 percent of 69 plants is about 8 rounded up. 8 multiplied by all the harvests you can get in a week. Which is 10 assuming you can harvest every 16 hours or so.

8 x 10 is 80 meaning you get 80 snacks per week per 69 plant plot assuming that the plants can stay at mature the entire week.

I guess my calculations on the snacks were off since I forgot to include the growth time though.

On the contrary, couch potatoes aren't that great in my opinion:

Couch potatoes take a total of 258 hours to reach elder. 258/24 is 10.75 days or about 11 days, or about
2 weeks.

This may just be my opinion, but I prefer getting a constant stream of mega snacks for cookie (my pet) every day than wait 2 weeks for snacks.

I just found out that it takes 5 or 6 days for a prickly bear to become elder. The elder plant's chance of harvest is 22% though. So out of 69 plants x .22 you get about 16 snacks from that harvest.

Eh should stop talking... I might be boring people reading this.