Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pulled into battle when trying to listen...

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Could KI please make it such that when a NPC is talking to us (unsolicited message) we can still walk around? Or extend the duration of our immunity?

Sometimes when you defeat a mob a quest gets completed and an NPC automatically starts talking but you can't walk out of the battle area. Your character is frozen until you mouse-click acknowledge the message, which also terminates the speaking. But if you are trying to pay attention to what is being said you get pulled back into battle (often getting killed because your health is low).

Choice currently given to players:
i) Ignore npc messages and just click acknowldge. Rapid click-click-click-click.
ii) Listen to npc, get pulled into battle and die.

Please consider this as it would make the game more friendly.

~ RottenHeart

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
RottenHeart on May 13, 2013 wrote:
Could KI please make it such that when a NPC is talking to us (unsolicited message) we can still walk around? Or extend the duration of our immunity?

Sometimes when you defeat a mob a quest gets completed and an NPC automatically starts talking but you can't walk out of the battle area. Your character is frozen until you mouse-click acknowledge the message, which also terminates the speaking. But if you are trying to pay attention to what is being said you get pulled back into battle (often getting killed because your health is low).

i) Ignore npc messages and just click acknowldge. Rapid click-click-click-click.

~ RottenHeart
I've noticed this happens at the beginning of Crab Alley, when fighting the Riverclaw Guards. If you don't click really fast, and like you said you miss some of the message, then you do get pulled back into another battle. Really annoying...

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RottenHeart on May 13, 2013 wrote:

~ RottenHeart
I would agree with this!
I've long thought that this was annoying, as are the continuation of the talking once you have declined a quest. If I click "decline," the character should just stop talking.