Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Apocalypse! RUN!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
I just thought of a cool idea; there should be apocalypses of monsters in the commons, every now and then..like at the bottom of your screen it would say how many more hours or minutes that the apocalypse would start. (No, not every day, but occasionally) The safe place would be ... the fair ground where people would be able to heal, so they could fight again. People that kill monsters in this 'apocalypse' would earn gold, and xp (just like any other battle.) But there is one major block...where would the space be to have the battle in the commons? (Oh and the library section would also be a safe zone.)
Autumn Moonstone
LvL 56 (Old Char)
Balance

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Autumn Moonstone on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
I just thought of a cool idea; there should be apocalypses of monsters in the commons, every now and then..like at the bottom of your screen it would say how many more hours or minutes that the apocalypse would start. (No, not every day, but occasionally) The safe place would be ... the fair ground where people would be able to heal, so they could fight again. People that kill monsters in this 'apocalypse' would earn gold, and xp (just like any other battle.) But there is one major block...where would the space be to have the battle in the commons? (Oh and the library section would also be a safe zone.)
Autumn Moonstone
LvL 56 (Old Char)
Balance
No.
The commons is way too busy already.
and just no; this simply sounds like a drain on already packed servers and not all that much fun. sorry

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
I know where the fights could be!They could be in the little circles!

Not much space to fight though.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
The commons is not limited to a certain level of wizards. How would a level 1 defeat monsters meant for level 90. NO, mixed would not work. The commons are not even supposed to be a monster place. That is what almost every other part of the spiral is for, battling monsters for quests.

Jordan Shadowstaff Lvl 83 Balance

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Autumn Moonstone on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Autumn Moonstone
LvL 56 (Old Char)
Balance
I thought this was a kids game. Not a bloody violent game.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
No, it's not an actual zombie thingy i meant like monsters in triton avenue and unicorn way..besides i said it happens occasionally. There will be a warning at your screen. And also, it wouldn't be in every realm...the apocalypse would be in just one separate realm at a time.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Zlyxer on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
I thought this was a kids game. Not a bloody violent game.
After the final battle with Malistaire, he literally turns into a ghost and goes away. The first arc battles end with you killing someone. Happy trails.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Autumn Moonstone on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
No, it's not an actual zombie thingy i meant like monsters in triton avenue and unicorn way..besides i said it happens occasionally. There will be a warning at your screen. And also, it wouldn't be in every realm...the apocalypse would be in just one separate realm at a time.
it's called an event, and something like that is going on right now with the harder than average spellwrite mobs in places.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
This actually seems like a fun idea even though people are saying it isn't. Just make sure the monsters aren't to strong, but not to weak either.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
This sounds kind of lame and boring. Already see monsters in all the other worlds. This is one of the few places that I can just relax after getting pounded from Azteca.
Sounds lame
87 Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
tanda1 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
it's called an event, and something like that is going on right now with the harder than average spellwrite mobs in places.
YES! That is what I mean, thank you.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
Percy373 on May 1, 2013 wrote:
This sounds kind of lame and boring. Already see monsters in all the other worlds. This is one of the few places that I can just relax after getting pounded from Azteca.
Sounds lame
87 Necromancer
These are EVENTS....they don't happen all the time. Besides, just switch a realm and you'll be fine .__.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
If there was something like this it should tell you around about what level it thinks you should be to battle them fairly. For those people complaining just change realm if you don't want to do it cause it sounds like a good way for people who have maybe run out of crowns or membership to train and there would be lots of people to help. :P It sounds like a great idea to me so maybe KI should consider it.

pansage out

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
As willowgreen mentioned it would warn you, but perhapsmake the event only in the unused shop looking places in commons.

My idea for it:

you must be at least lvl 70

Scene: Sky is black, moon is out and crimson red, and the npc figures like Zeke and that girl that you help early game are hiding in Ambrose's office. Also players pets are hiding in trees. Even yours runs up the tree. If you walk around the commons a bit you hear a groan coming from the abandoned stores. Should you enter you find a wizard lying down. Knocked out but still alive. A strange man is behind the desk. You can either buy a random item from the game for however much gold you have at that time. It may be a full baconator suit, but it may be a useless reagent. Also, if you refuse and try to leave (BTW ports out and commons/house ports are disabled) He slowly slumps over. In a cutscene he groans one more time and falls off his chair. A jet-black variation of the rotting fodders with red eyes and yellowing teeth floats out of his body.

The Darkness:
The ghoul then pulls you into a battle in the center of the room. the name being The Darkness.

Attacks:

All death spells up to rank 9.

Health: 5,000

Cheats: upon defeating The Darkness he says in a cutscene: *raspy, dry voice* You think you have
Brought the life back to this world? THINK AGAIN! *reforms boss fight only with 6,000 instead of 5,000 and with the new death dino spell but slightly weaker attack power

Upon defeat The Darkness does a strange animation:

*he falls over and a black wisp flies through the ground*

Time it does this: 10:00 pm, or 1:00-5:00 am (the darkest hours and where only older kids on so that the appearence wont frighten them) and only 2 times a month at most

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
Shadow warrior on May 4, 2013 wrote:
As willowgreen mentioned it would warn you, but perhapsmake the event only in the unused shop looking places in commons.

My idea for it:

you must be at least lvl 70

Scene: Sky is black, moon is out and crimson red, and the npc figures like Zeke and that girl that you help early game are hiding in Ambrose's office. Also players pets are hiding in trees. Even yours runs up the tree. If you walk around the commons a bit you hear a groan coming from the abandoned stores. Should you enter you find a wizard lying down. Knocked out but still alive. A strange man is behind the desk. You can either buy a random item from the game for however much gold you have at that time. It may be a full baconator suit, but it may be a useless reagent. Also, if you refuse and try to leave (BTW ports out and commons/house ports are disabled) He slowly slumps over. In a cutscene he groans one more time and falls off his chair. A jet-black variation of the rotting fodders with red eyes and yellowing teeth floats out of his body.

The Darkness:
The ghoul then pulls you into a battle in the center of the room. the name being The Darkness.

Attacks:

All death spells up to rank 9.

Health: 5,000

Cheats: upon defeating The Darkness he says in a cutscene: *raspy, dry voice* You think you have
Brought the life back to this world? THINK AGAIN! *reforms boss fight only with 6,000 instead of 5,000 and with the new death dino spell but slightly weaker attack power

Upon defeat The Darkness does a strange animation:

*he falls over and a black wisp flies through the ground*

Time it does this: 10:00 pm, or 1:00-5:00 am (the darkest hours and where only older kids on so that the appearence wont frighten them) and only 2 times a month at most

Yeah, but the time isn't the same everywhere in the world

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
@willowbelow: I meant that time depending on what time zone you are. When you make your W101 acc you are supposed to give a birth date and what state or province you live in. Also the whole 70+ lvl doesnt need to exist, but probobly neccesary as he is technically 11,000 health. ALSO without the pets you don't have your fairy or unicorn constantly healing you.

Anyways,

The apocalypse only happens in the most crowded realms. like ambrose