Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thank You KI For the Slap In The Face

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I think they should make a hard level 15 energy per game and 4000 points and you have to get to it after epic. Hard, right? And when you finish that your pet will be rank olde and you get to choose your next trait.
And if you do 20 energy per game and 8000 points, you can change the pet status and your pet will be rank infinite and you get a badge if you don't use mega pet snacks or energy explirs.
I disagree with this. 15 energy and 4000 points is a lot of energy and a lot of mega snacks. That itself would take at least 80 fancy yogurts and the 20 energy one with the 8000 points is wayyyyyyy extreme. It'd take forever without mega snacks and if you do use them, it would take 180 fancy yogurts. And they give 50 exp, as well so I am sorry, but I have to disagree with this and the other idea of having pets do 100% of your battles.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
The Whistler on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
I just got my uber rare Fragmented Dragon to Mega level.

At that point it was perfect (6% Damage, 6% Death Damage, 5% Resist, 10% Resist).

Guess what I got after 3 weeks or training? (no I dont use crowns for snacks).

Tenacious (a Pet Derby Trait)

Are you kidding me?
it's a throw up. time to start over. btw fragmented dragon isn't rare. idk anybody WITHOUT one,

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
The Whistler on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
In reply to Ghoststone's post about not preparing a multi-hatched pet....

I'm not new, FYI, all I do is train pets these days while waiting for the new world to arrive.....

I recently had another perfect Fragmented Dragon fail at Mega with mana gift.....Each failure represents about 10 trained pets....hatched and bred in that line....there will always be a latent unwanted trait no matter how well u breed them out....I'm assuming all your pets are perfect ?
Right now i have one pet i consider to be perfect. All the abilities i wanted. Took me at least 20 hatches. its a throw up man.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
if it helps your pet might get one more resist from having tenacious

Survivor
May 10, 2011
I recently spent several hours training my rain beetle without mega snacks and got gives 1 card "tower shield
" Are you serious???? I spent tons of money to hatch with a spud-f pet and I got TOWER SHIELD? Its incredibly annoying and I totally agree

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
and by not that bad, I mean those talents are great, they aren't bad.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Dominooooo on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Those actually aren't the maximum, Spell-Defy's maximum is 7% while Spell-Proof's max is 14%
One stat boosting talent wont take defy and proof up to where you're implying. You'd need a whole multitude of "Selfish" talents to pull that off.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
rinkworks on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
One stat boosting talent wont take defy and proof up to where you're implying. You'd need a whole multitude of "Selfish" talents to pull that off.
It will raise it up to to 6% and 11% though. So it's not a complete waste.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
Energeia on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
I feel you completely. I hate when my pets, out of all of the hard work I put into training it, get a lame talent. The level 78 pets were just all-around bad because of selfish talents. I honestly think that selfish talents need to be removed from pets completely. People may disagree that it would make pets too perfect but that's nonsense in my opinion. Anybody who knows anything about pet talents will tell you that some pet talents are more useful and wanted than others (example: May Cast Life Trap is more wanted than Life-Proof or Fire-Giver is more desired than Mana Gift) and even if KI removed all selfish talents, there's still a chance that your pet will manifest lame talents (school-specific "-Proof" and some card-giving talents would fall under that).
Err..if selfish talents were removed from pets completely, then it'll hurt the people who use pets for derby.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Now, hold on for a moment. The message I'm seeing here is this:
"I trained my pet and it didn't manifest what I want. Change the game to acomodate me. I trained my pet to mega, I expect it to be good."
Selfish talents exist, and rightly so. They can be very helpful for Derby racers- the fact is, obtaining a perfect pet is hard. It's slow. It's frustrating. I've been struggling with getting one myself for at least a year, off and on, and I'm still not there. To quote Professor Greyrose, "With patience, victory is assured."
Pet training is a completely optional part of the game, and as many people can tell you, it's absolutely possible.

-Charles the Healer

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
I feel you completely. I hate when my pets, out of all of the hard work I put into training it, get a lame talent. The level 78 pets were just all-around bad because of selfish talents. I honestly think that selfish talents need to be removed from pets completely. People may disagree that it would make pets too perfect but that's nonsense in my opinion. Anybody who knows anything about pet talents will tell you that some pet talents are more useful and wanted than others (example: May Cast Life Trap is more wanted than Life-Proof or Fire-Giver is more desired than Mana Gift) and even if KI removed all selfish talents, there's still a chance that your pet will manifest lame talents (school-specific "-Proof" and some card-giving talents would fall under that).
Yeah..... But still, mana gift at least gives something, while selfish talent gives nothing .-. A has anyone noticed that basically all their mega pets get a selfish talent? .-. Geez like what gives

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
I do understand that this situation can be frustrating, I recently got a polar fox (christmas pet 2013) when I was training it first I got a pet talent that boosted max intelligence but I kept training it and next I got avenger which is may cast vengence I was super happy some times you just have to count to ten (or a hundred) and just keep on training it. Also if you want a specific kind of resist or whatever it's best to get that kind of pet or get the white winter owl which is a Christmas pet in December and July that always when trained has May cast tower shield and gives that card at baby.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Dominooooo on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
I don't see why Tenacious is bad at all. Tenacious boosts the maximum Strength on the pet by 50, which increases the resist to a higher percent.
I totally agree, the higher each aspect is the higher the stats the pet gives you are gonna be.

Plus, if you look at www.wizard101central.com you can find the pet you are training and see what talents it can get. If it is fresh out of "desirable" talents, just don't train it anymore.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Keep in mind that the "selfish" talents boost the "giving" talents like resist, accuracy, and punch.

Also, nobody really agrees on what talents are ideal, if KI was to get rid of all "selfish" and "undesirable" talents in your book, they might be actually getting rid of talents that are "desirable" to someone else.

Also as mentioned in my earlier posts, you can avoid pets with "undesirable" talents by going to www.wizard101central.com and looking up the pets there. Don't waste your time and pet snacks training pets with talents that seem useless to you.