Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Gear for Level 80+

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2011
So excited that I have now reached level 80. With this new found achievement, I searched everywhere to find what I consider to be the best clothing items. Even taking the crafted gear into consideration (level 74-76), I found the best gear for my pyromancer is the "Salamander Dashing" gear (level 80+), provided by the crown shop. The only fault I find with it: where is the resist? It is frustrating to be at level 80, and the best gear (in my opinion) is the waterworks gear (level 60). If the Salamander gear offered a total of 30 resist for all schools, I think it would be fair and reasonable. A slight step-up to the level 60 gear for pyromancers. The two gears are very similar, the only difference is that Salamander adds a bit more critical stuff, health, and some shield piercing. Which I think is safe to say that adding resist would not be a bad idea. After all, it is a higher level and I think that warrants some privileges.

Another concern I have, is that my athame and ring are still at level 58. Now I know there are many athames and rings that could rival the ones I have. But what I love about the ones I have is the amount of incoming health it has, and power pip chance percent. Athame: Sun Kris. Ring: Ring of Rare Origins. If anyone knows of athames and rings that offer the same perks as these items, but better (more power pip, incoming health, and health), then please let me know. Otherwise, I think it would be a good idea to make some level 80 gear as a step-up of the items I named. Or make special athames and rings that can only be worn with Salamander gear that offer resist with power pip chance (I know, this will never happen).

Any suggestions on gear, feel free to tell me. But I already know about the crafted clothes. The thing about those, is that critical blocking and resist will not be the same number across all schools, which kind of goes against an OCD of mine. Even if it is a good idea to have strong storm resist.

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame, Level 80 Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Mello Lily on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
So excited that I have now reached level 80. With this new found achievement, I searched everywhere to find what I consider to be the best clothing items. Even taking the crafted gear into consideration (level 74-76), I found the best gear for my pyromancer is the "Salamander Dashing" gear (level 80+), provided by the crown shop. The only fault I find with it: where is the resist? It is frustrating to be at level 80, and the best gear (in my opinion) is the waterworks gear (level 60). If the Salamander gear offered a total of 30 resist for all schools, I think it would be fair and reasonable. A slight step-up to the level 60 gear for pyromancers. The two gears are very similar, the only difference is that Salamander adds a bit more critical stuff, health, and some shield piercing. Which I think is safe to say that adding resist would not be a bad idea. After all, it is a higher level and I think that warrants some privileges.

Another concern I have, is that my athame and ring are still at level 58. Now I know there are many athames and rings that could rival the ones I have. But what I love about the ones I have is the amount of incoming health it has, and power pip chance percent. Athame: Sun Kris. Ring: Ring of Rare Origins. If anyone knows of athames and rings that offer the same perks as these items, but better (more power pip, incoming health, and health), then please let me know. Otherwise, I think it would be a good idea to make some level 80 gear as a step-up of the items I named. Or make special athames and rings that can only be worn with Salamander gear that offer resist with power pip chance (I know, this will never happen).

Any suggestions on gear, feel free to tell me. But I already know about the crafted clothes. The thing about those, is that critical blocking and resist will not be the same number across all schools, which kind of goes against an OCD of mine. Even if it is a good idea to have strong storm resist.

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame, Level 80 Pyromancer
Depends on what resources you have. If you have alot of time but not many crowns to use then go with a mix of crafted/bazaar/farmed rares.

If you have crowns available then i would go with a mix of pack/crown gear