Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ironworks glitch (azteca: the redux).

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so, i just ran ironworks on some of my low-level wizards and ran across this glitch~

patrick and tara completed the instance together; patrick is ahead (xp-wise, because he completed some side quest once), but they are in the same place on the main arc. when they beat pops o'leary at the end of the dungeon, only patrick received credit for the quest: tara did not, and she now has to complete the instance again.

patrick is attached to von's account~ tara is the same level, but she is on my alt account (tocalaure89). it's quite similar to the bug my level 90 balance ran across in azteca, when her friend received credit for the dungeon, but she didn't.

has anyone else run into this problem /not in azteca/ while 1) running 2 accounts or 2) questing with other players?

-von/toca

patrick dreamstalker & tara winterbloom,
level 25 myth & ice

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dr Von on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
so, i just ran ironworks on some of my low-level wizards and ran across this glitch~

patrick and tara completed the instance together; patrick is ahead (xp-wise, because he completed some side quest once), but they are in the same place on the main arc. when they beat pops o'leary at the end of the dungeon, only patrick received credit for the quest: tara did not, and she now has to complete the instance again.

patrick is attached to von's account~ tara is the same level, but she is on my alt account (tocalaure89). it's quite similar to the bug my level 90 balance ran across in azteca, when her friend received credit for the dungeon, but she didn't.

has anyone else run into this problem /not in azteca/ while 1) running 2 accounts or 2) questing with other players?

-von/toca

patrick dreamstalker & tara winterbloom,
level 25 myth & ice
Von, i have had this happen and unfortunately, I don't remember which wizard but I think it was the final quest to do Big Ben. I do remember that there were 4 of us (all friends) and only 2 of us needed the credit. The other player got the credit but my wiz did not. I keep thinking it was my main Pyro on second account but not sure. It has been a while since I have run in MB. And Myth has been sitting there for several months for Ironworks. LOL just can't seem to get up the desire to get it done. Of all the worlds until Zf, MB was the most tedious to me.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Similar but different...

That dungeon in Zafaria where first you drink a potion that morphs you into a disguise and then you enter. Well I tried soloing this with my death wizard several times. Finally I asked for help. We got past the difficult battle. Questing partner left and I finished the dungeon (by the skin of my teeth). Hooray! But... when I left the dungeon I did not get credit for it. I checked and double checked. Nope. Logged out and in. Nope. I was so furious.

The morph spell had run out well before I finished the dungeon so I guessed it was because of that.

Several days later I logged in and I no longer needed to do that dungeon! It was completed. Huh? I was happy but pretty strange huh?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Mar 20, 2013 wrote:
Similar but different...

That dungeon in Zafaria where first you drink a potion that morphs you into a disguise and then you enter. Well I tried soloing this with my death wizard several times. Finally I asked for help. We got past the difficult battle. Questing partner left and I finished the dungeon (by the skin of my teeth). Hooray! But... when I left the dungeon I did not get credit for it. I checked and double checked. Nope. Logged out and in. Nope. I was so furious.

The morph spell had run out well before I finished the dungeon so I guessed it was because of that.

Several days later I logged in and I no longer needed to do that dungeon! It was completed. Huh? I was happy but pretty strange huh?
RottenHeart, thank you. I forgot about the one in Zf. There are actually 2 in Zf that were glitched this way. I did have one that was an instance that I did solo. I turned it in but no credit. When I turn back around, I saw the blue quest lights still lit. I don't remember what the other one was, but it was posted on this forum. It took a little while, but KI did investigate it and Prof Greyrose confirmmed the glitched and it was fixed.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Yes!!! I was in azteca running 2 accounts and only my ice got dredit for the quest!

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Happened to me in ironworks and Katz lab on my storm while questing with my friend.