Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talent Show

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2013
Is it just me,or doesit seem unfair that you have almost no control over what talent your pet gets. I'm not saying you want it to be able to cast unicorn but it gets sprite, I mean you get a common talent compared to an Epic and you don't choose that one.
I know it be easyto make an over powered pet this way but still, if I payed for the pet in crowns which is real money, I want it to be able to give me deer knight not dogged!

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Noah Griffinpants on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Is it just me,or doesit seem unfair that you have almost no control over what talent your pet gets. I'm not saying you want it to be able to cast unicorn but it gets sprite, I mean you get a common talent compared to an Epic and you don't choose that one.
I know it be easyto make an over powered pet this way but still, if I payed for the pet in crowns which is real money, I want it to be able to give me deer knight not dogged!
Ok here is what you do, feed them certain snacks your pet likes and loves, your pet's school. Also if you got past Mirror Lake, farm it for Pixie Sticks. This is one way to get to mega. You get at least two on each run and it gives round 40 xp which if your training your pet to mega if you need to for the other talents you want or for it to heal or may cast more, just keep on training!
Also if you like to use crowns, get the block crowns sale then wait till Mega Snack Monday then use yours crowns all up on Mega Snacks and that's how you get to mega another way and finally the other way is to garden crown plants. Evil Magma Peas and Couch Potatoes which I have four of them and their more common. Farm bosses at the end of each area of Grizzleheim. That's where I got mine..

Survivor
Jan 24, 2013
Sniper Rose on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Ok here is what you do, feed them certain snacks your pet likes and loves, your pet's school. Also if you got past Mirror Lake, farm it for Pixie Sticks. This is one way to get to mega. You get at least two on each run and it gives round 40 xp which if your training your pet to mega if you need to for the other talents you want or for it to heal or may cast more, just keep on training!
Also if you like to use crowns, get the block crowns sale then wait till Mega Snack Monday then use yours crowns all up on Mega Snacks and that's how you get to mega another way and finally the other way is to garden crown plants. Evil Magma Peas and Couch Potatoes which I have four of them and their more common. Farm bosses at the end of each area of Grizzleheim. That's where I got mine..
Thank you for the tip, I didn't know Mega Snacks were n sale on mondays!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Noah Griffinpants on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
The highest priced crown pet has 6 selfish talents of the 10 slots. The one you can buy for gold in Celestial has better base talents. However hatch with pets that have the talents you want, keep doing it over and over you will get the talent set you want. heck it took me 2 years just to get proof and defy in the same pet with sprite LOL. But now proof defy sprite is common in any pets i hatch. Weed out the selfish junk through repeat hatching and know what every slot in your pet is. This is important too. Also sometimes when a certain pet is a parent the offspring has a higher chance at say a selfish you don't want! learn these patterns! for example i have a pet that has proof, mc tower, mc fairy and defy its not mega but its epic. it has a card which i can not stand "big sparky" no matter what i do using this pet as a parent the offspring shows this card often and its not even an active talent. So i don't use that pet as a parent anymore after about 20 fails showing that card its not a good parent pet as the talent is too dominate in that set.

good patterns are nice to catch and see occur - ie. proof at teen fairy at adult defy at ancient sprite at epic i have seen this pattern often when using certain pet sets. After making many pets with amazing talents i do not agree with the statement you have no control when you have some control. I reproduced the same pet many times in different models even with proof, defy, sprite fairy unicorn - and other variations of this like proof defy sprite fairy mc tower

very doable once you get to a certain level in your hatching. It was a struggle for me early on and I did not have friends that would donate hatches to me. Now the tables are flipped I am the one donating to help others out. Its nice to walk in the hatchery and ask for a pet model and get a hatch quickly due to clean talent sets.

anyways good luck

cheers,