Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Crafting Gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Hello, I am an ice and I have recently crafted my AV hat and robe.

I am wondering why people complain about having 80% resist to fire and storm as well as approximately 50% to all others, yet combined with my pet's 8%, I have only 73% to fire and 69% to storm, while I have 40% to all others instead.
Were people just exaggerating?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's a combination of various gear that can bring your resistance to those higher levels you are talking about. Please don't try for immunity to Fire and/or Storm, because your other stats will tank. I keep several sets of gear in my backpack (hats, boots, robes, athames, wands, amulets, rings), and switch them around to get the stats I need for a particular boss fight (especially in Azteca).

As a L90 Ice that has finished the game, my current standard combination of stats are:

Health: 6102
Damage: 45%
Pips: 72%
Healing: 25% in
Critical: 187
Resistance: 84 Fire, 80 Storm, 51 to all others
Crit Block: 191 Storm, 207, Ice, 143 to all others
Pet: 10% Proof, 5% Defy, 6% Pain Giver, Spritely, Fairy

These stats can change, depending on what gear I'm wearing. I didn't want immunity resistance, so I found a good balance of offense and defense that makes me a tank.

Hope this helps!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Generally when people post, yes, they exaggerate, especially when they are not giving specifics, such as the name of their gear, the stats of said gear, etc.

People also don't include what talents their pets have, some people have pets that have Proof, Defy, Storm-Ward and Fire-Ward with a heal, although this is a very very rare situation, it can happen.

Ice is a tough school to defeat and can have excellent resistance, but at what cost? Lately, with the introduction of Jade Armor, anyone can have great resistance, but at the same cost of losing attack power.

The main point to know, is that even if they do use massive resistance, they are not immune to all schools and can be defeated. My Storm has fought many battles and is still a Warlord, it can and is done.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Ice is a great school and tough to beat. If an ice isimmune to a school, just use prism. It isnt an impossible battle, people just want it to be easy to win. Ice is specific to health and damage at the cost of pipping and weaker damage.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
tdc69666 on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
Ice is a great school and tough to beat. If an ice isimmune to a school, just use prism. It isnt an impossible battle, people just want it to be easy to win. Ice is specific to health and damage at the cost of pipping and weaker damage.
You might be posting in the wrong place, this isn't really a rant about me being fire/storm going against an ice with 101% resist.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
I am saying this as an Archmage ice: I honestly think that the "80-resist-to-fire-and-storm" gear is unfair. I dont use it, I use my waterworks gear, my pet with 9 resist, and the level 58 ice robe. THis gives me 48 resist to all schools, and I would rather be practically a walking tower shield than have 80 resist to fire and storm and 40 to the rest.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
it's strange how ice people never realize that their resist is too high and noone complain to my comment because i used ice lots of time but i delted so i will creat another after i finish my balance lol (Blaze Moonmender promethean)