Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Content Scaling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Dear KI,

I love Wizard 101. Wizard 101 is quite a huge game and it's great!, but nowadays it's getting harder and harder to reach any sort of level cap if you start the game from the beginning as new players. In some points having a lot of content is fun because it means you always have more game to come back to, but it starts to get a little bit grindy.

My suggestion is a bit of a scale back in the difficulty in a bunch of areas;

For example make side quest creatures a lot easier to kill in earlier worlds, especially places like mooshoo and marley bone due to the amount of side worlds there are now in in the 1-30 bracket.

Dragonspire unfortunately needs a bit of a nerf, especially bosses like Malistair where you still need to find friends in order to defeat him when there is hardly anyone in that level range anymore. Make him soloable or at least make it so you can defeat him with 2 people OR make it so you can by pass defeating him in order to make it to Celestia. This should probably go for all the endgame content that has become obscelete.

I'd also love to see quest drop rates be a little bit more responsive for earlier realms up to maybe Zamunda as well as quest conditions being closer to 'Defeat 4 monsters' instead of 'defeat 8 monsters'.

World scaling is important and huge MMOs such as World of Warcraft even have to do it so that it can still keep player's attention. Sure you will still get the dedicated kids making it to max level should they play every day but not everyone can play every day (especially children who have school).

It's good to have a game that stays approximately the same lengh of time to get to level cap as it was previously with the extra content to keep people interested. I have heard a bunch of children in Pirate 101 say they had moved because Wizard 101 was just becoming too hard for them to keep going. As an adult I have had great difficulty myself.

Thank you very much for reading my post and thank you for considering my suggestions.

~Valerian Spellwraith; Life Wizard.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Nexius on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
Dear KI,

I love Wizard 101. Wizard 101 is quite a huge game and it's great!, but nowadays it's getting harder and harder to reach any sort of level cap if you start the game from the beginning as new players. In some points having a lot of content is fun because it means you always have more game to come back to, but it starts to get a little bit grindy.

For example make side quest creatures a lot easier to kill in earlier worlds, especially places like mooshoo and marley bone due to the amount of side worlds there are now in in the 1-30 bracket.

Dragonspire unfortunately needs a bit of a nerf, especially bosses like Malistair where you still need to find friends in order to defeat him when there is hardly anyone in that level range anymore. Make him soloable or at least make it so you can defeat him with 2 people OR make it so you can by pass defeating him in order to make it to Celestia. This should probably go for all the endgame content that has become obscelete.

I'd also love to see quest drop rates be a little bit more responsive for earlier realms up to maybe Zamunda as well as quest conditions being closer to 'Defeat 4 monsters' instead of 'defeat 8 monsters'.

World scaling is important and huge MMOs such as World of Warcraft even have to do it so that it can still keep player's attention. Sure you will still get the dedicated kids making it to max level should they play every day but not everyone can play every day (especially children who have school).

It's good to have a game that stays approximately the same lengh of time to get to level cap as it was previously with the extra content to keep people interested. I have heard a bunch of children in Pirate 101 say they had moved because Wizard 101 was just becoming too hard for them to keep going. As an adult I have had great difficulty myself.

Thank you very much for reading my post and thank you for considering my suggestions.

I respect your opinion and understand. But i just dont agree, The first arc of the game isnt really that difficult, There are some parts that definately are a bit to much in a time consuming way but not hard. Mooshu has far to many run here then run back again type quests but they are not really difficult. As for DS depending on your level i feel it is just right for the game difficulty.

The second arc of the game is a bit different and more difficult than the first but that is the way games are they must increase in difficulty to keep the players moving at a pace instead of flying right through then its over.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nexius on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
Dear KI,

The game does not need nerfing. Especially not at the Dragonspyre level. That has already been nerfed and tweaked to make it "easier." This is NOT WoW, thank goodness. Notice that they have less than 1/2 the players this game has. For a reason.

Yes, the higher leveled worlds like Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca are difficult, but this message board if full of kids as well as adults who have completed it all. You must learn and adapt to each world's nuances.