Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion Upgrade's & Leveling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Hi everyone I am a level 90 life wizard and was helping a friend today fight off a storm boss in floating mountain's. And the subject came up of minion's. Well we where talking about how minion's can play a big role for player's specially when your fighting boss's. And since a few class's like Life, Storm, Fire, Ice, Death, Myth can get minion's I think it would be amazing for you to get training point's as you progress from level 1 to spend on getting upgrade's not only for yourself but also for your minion. As you level up so does your minion you summon. Upgrading it's health, defense's, gear, also option's to control what your minion does and cast in battle. (Only avaliable to minion's given by class. Sure you can buy minion's in Bazaar but with that said these one's you could not give this ability to because it has to be set for that class specifically. (Also Not Available In PVP) This would help player's get through there campaign with a little ease to knowing you have help when no one else will come and don't have money for crown's. Just putting my opinion out there and hope someone else think's this is an amazing idea to.

Promethean Therageist - Mackenzie

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've been saying for a while there needs to be a change to how minions work, especially since SOME minions get stronger the more pips you use when you cast it (like death), but others are just a set amount of pips and strength (fire). Check out this thread for my suggestions:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/52838?reset=1

A summary from that thread says this:

1) they should gain levels of XP
2) Have their own gear
3) have customizable decks
4) be able to use wisps
5) have their own quests

etc. Enjoy the read

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Makenzi.M on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone I am a level 90 life wizard and was helping a friend today fight off a storm boss in floating mountain's. And the subject came up of minion's. Well we where talking about how minion's can play a big role for player's specially when your fighting boss's. And since a few class's like Life, Storm, Fire, Ice, Death, Myth can get minion's I think it would be amazing for you to get training point's as you progress from level 1 to spend on getting upgrade's not only for yourself but also for your minion. As you level up so does your minion you summon. Upgrading it's health, defense's, gear, also option's to control what your minion does and cast in battle. (Only avaliable to minion's given by class. Sure you can buy minion's in Bazaar but with that said these one's you could not give this ability to because it has to be set for that class specifically. (Also Not Available In PVP) This would help player's get through there campaign with a little ease to knowing you have help when no one else will come and don't have money for crown's. Just putting my opinion out there and hope someone else think's this is an amazing idea to.

Promethean Therageist - Mackenzie
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Mander_Minion Sorcerers (Wizards who practices Balance Magic) can also summon a minion of their class as well as an Elemental Minion which can be found here: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Spectral_Minion.

I think it should not start getting "Minion Points" until level 88, because it is still pretty hard to beat a 1 500 HP minion, and it would also be great at that level because we didnt get a damage spell.

So basically your idea is like the training tomes from Pirate101 huh...

Anyways, I like!

#

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Mander_Minion Sorcerers (Wizards who practices Balance Magic) can also summon a minion of their class as well as an Elemental Minion which can be found here: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Spectral_Minion.

I think it should not start getting "Minion Points" until level 88, because it is still pretty hard to beat a 1 500 HP minion, and it would also be great at that level because we didnt get a damage spell.

Anyways, I like!

#
I disagree, I've seen my fire minion, with medium difficulty worlds, get nuked on a spell or two. My death minion seems to be made of stronger magic or something. Personally, I want to see it start the moment you get your minion. MOST people, I would imagine, have plenty of gold on hard to buy gear for the minion at that level

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
I think this is a really good idea, it would make use of the minions again.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
popcicool7777777 on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:

Anyways, I like!

#
As a Balance Wizard we do have the ability to cast a minion of Fire, Ice or Water. It is meant to be completely random but I always find myself getting Water Elemental.
Some people have suggested this is a good tank because it taunts the enemy and takes damage in your place.
This minion can also heal you BUT in my experience the following happens.

1 In higher realms the bosses tend to ignore this minion

2 It mainly heals itself, even if it hasn't taken any damage, you may be lucky and get one that heals you reguarly...but not often.

Since both our fire and ice minions cast damage spells from their school why can't KI tweak the Water minion so it casts storm spells (the only one it does cast is Storm Trap)

I really like the idea of minions leveling up, if we can train our pets to be a greater help then minions should also be able to be more effective in worlds such as AV and AZ.
James Dreamweaver Lvl 84 Balance.