Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a new school for me

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
i cant decide what school i should pick
i am balance lvl 45 with all of death and up to tower shield of ice
i picked out
fire ice life and storm i cant pick one out of those
can all of you take a vote of what i should pick

and about myth i not saying i dont like myth but myth just isn't for me

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Life. You get nice healing spells and almost never die with a death as secondary.

Matthew Lifefist level 28 life wizard

Defender
May 24, 2012
I ran a Life with Fire as secondary. Punch and heal !! If you have a spritely hound on top of that you're practically indestructible.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
dragon96201 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
i cant decide what school i should pick
i am balance lvl 45 with all of death and up to tower shield of ice
i picked out
fire ice life and storm i cant pick one out of those
can all of you take a vote of what i should pick

and about myth i not saying i dont like myth but myth just isn't for me
You don't need a secondary school~ by level 35, Balance has its own healing abilities.

Also, at level 45, spending any more points on a secondary school is a waste. As your power-pip chance increases, you'll notice that it's not worth it to cast off-school spells (the only useful one is Shatter, which is the only way Balance can break shields and is not trainable unless you're Myth). So save them for the astral buffs~ you unlock them at level 50, and they're actually useful.

It took me until I was level 80 to realize how useless secondary schools were~ I had both Fire and Death spells for my first wizard, and sold them ALL back (had to pay 12,000 crowns to do it, too, and it only gets more expensive as your level increases). Spare yourself and your wallet the unnecessary torture.

-El Veeb
archmage sorceress & necromancer

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
matthew7393 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
Life. You get nice healing spells and almost never die with a death as secondary.

Matthew Lifefist level 28 life wizard
I disagree. Spending too many pips on healing makes a fight tedious for me (unless it's pvp). Storm is good because you can defeat your opponents quickly, making questing easier.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
thx i think i am going with vonawesome1 i really think i am good with healing (i did over 5000 with a wraith)

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I think (personally) you should just take the test to see what you are, and stick with it. I don't think one school is better than another. They all have weaknesses at something. I wasn't sure what to pick either ... but I took the test and had pride that I was a theurgist. It's sort of like a personality test. I don't like changing what they say I am. I think you should just follow-through with the test.

-xandrakittiluv3802

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
I think you should make one of each then play to decide. I did this in the beginning and found fire is my main.