Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

being reported

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
I find it hard to believe that there are players out there out to do harm. I got reported for not saying a word, just fishing. I cannot believe fishing and not saying anything would result in being reported. I will not be playing this game if they're is no control over this. I have spent many many hours playing and developing my wizard. I feel that if being reported for not saying something as a result of fishing, then I QUIT!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Has KI penalized you in some way? Being reported is one thing, but a false report should lead to sactions against the person who falsely reported you, not you.

You can't control if someone reports you, but KI will ensure the appropriate party faces sanctions. I'd suggest you don't worry about it unless you hear from KI that you have violated terms of service somehow. If you've done nothing wrong, the report will be handled appropriately.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
bigchad41 on May 22, 2016 wrote:
I find it hard to believe that there are players out there out to do harm. I got reported for not saying a word, just fishing. I cannot believe fishing and not saying anything would result in being reported. I will not be playing this game if they're is no control over this. I have spent many many hours playing and developing my wizard. I feel that if being reported for not saying something as a result of fishing, then I QUIT!
Don't worry about that. Everything that is done on the game is logged and KI reads the logs. If someone reports you, and there's nothing in the log to show you did anything wrong, then the person that reported you is the one that gets in trouble. And if all you were doing was fishing, the logs will clearly show you didn't do anything.

Hero
May 07, 2015
this happened to me as well! I made a post about it. it might not be up by the time this goes up.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Yup, there are trolls everywhere. No worries if you did nothing wrong but it can be very annoying.
I mentioned on SunGirl's thread on this subject that I find the most problems in the busier realms, especially the Commons.
Maybe try a quiet realm?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
bigchad41 on May 22, 2016 wrote:
KI has records of the chat logs and if you did not do or say anything inappropriate then the person who makes the false report will be the recipient of any punishment... not you. Filing a false report is as severe an offense as actually doing something reportable. Trolls gonna troll and they will always be around trying to disrupt things for everyone else. The game offers a degree of anonymity and these clowns think they can say or do anything they want without fear of retribution. And unfortunately, the way the game is structured there's little that we, as players, can do about them other than just ignore them. Responding to them provides them exactly what they want... attention! They're the unruly child that acts out in order to be noticed. So go on about your business and don't go out of your way to argue with them. Let them dig their own hole!
So yes, there are "players?" out there who are out to do harm as you put it. They will annoy some folks, get reported, get sanctioned... and then probably immediately go and start a new free account and do the same thing all over again. It's what they do.
Remember them because you will probably end up supporting them with your tax dollars/pounds/francs/euros in the future.

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
i hate trolls but it makes me lol when someone does a fake report