Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Iron Man Challenge

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2011

Goal: Level from 1 - 110 without being defeated.

Restrictions:

- No game modifications

- No crown shop items or store-bought items

- No pets that grant buffs, extra cards, or that can cast spells

- No treasure cards

- No secondary class (meaning you can only learn spells from your class)

- No astral spells

- No gear that gives secondary spells

- No henchmen

- No PvP

- No help from other players in any dungeons except end-world dungeons (because they require more than one player)

- No groups

- No group finder

- No house dungeons

- No potions

- No jewelcrafting

- No XP boosts

YOU CAN HAVE:

- Houses

- Gardening profession

- Crafting profession and gear that comes from it

- Mounts (without extra buffs)

- Pets (if they do not have what is listed above)

- Daily quests

- Fishing profession

- Pet leveling (as long as it doesn't gain buffs or spells, then you must switch it out before continuing)

FAQ:

Q: What if I die in a dungeon but the battle is not over?

A: If your friend heals you, you may continue. The disqualification occurs when you appear in the commons area with no health.

Q: Is a summon-able class henchman okay to use?

A: Yes, as long as it your primary class (you wouldn't be using secondary anyway).

Q: Can people help me outside of non-endgame dungeons?

A: People can help you (as long as you aren't in groups) out in the world, but they cannot help you in regular dungeons.

NOTE: If you still have questions and/or I typed something wrong (haven't played in awhile) let me know!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
AeraSteele on May 4, 2016 wrote:

Goal: Level from 1 - 110 without being defeated.

Restrictions:

- No game modifications

- No crown shop items or store-bought items

- No pets that grant buffs, extra cards, or that can cast spells

- No treasure cards

- No secondary class (meaning you can only learn spells from your class)

- No astral spells

- No gear that gives secondary spells

- No henchmen

- No PvP

- No help from other players in any dungeons except end-world dungeons (because they require more than one player)

- No groups

- No group finder

- No house dungeons

- No potions

- No jewelcrafting

- No XP boosts

YOU CAN HAVE:

- Houses

- Gardening profession

- Crafting profession and gear that comes from it

- Mounts (without extra buffs)

- Pets (if they do not have what is listed above)

- Daily quests

- Fishing profession

- Pet leveling (as long as it doesn't gain buffs or spells, then you must switch it out before continuing)

FAQ:

Q: What if I die in a dungeon but the battle is not over?

A: If your friend heals you, you may continue. The disqualification occurs when you appear in the commons area with no health.

Q: Is a summon-able class henchman okay to use?

A: Yes, as long as it your primary class (you wouldn't be using secondary anyway).

Q: Can people help me outside of non-endgame dungeons?

A: People can help you (as long as you aren't in groups) out in the world, but they cannot help you in regular dungeons.

NOTE: If you still have questions and/or I typed something wrong (haven't played in awhile) let me know!
This challenge will prove difficult when you get to Azteca.

Lvl 110
Lvl 91
Lvl 27

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
A daunting challenge to be sure...
Without Astral spells, off-school spells and TCs it's not totally impossible but as close to it as you'll get. Top that with no potions, and some of those long, mid-world gauntlets are going to be tough sledding. You might be OK if you're lucky but once you get to Belloq he'll have you nod-wobbling in no time. He's not an end-boss so technically you will have to fight him alone. And he's just one of the tough, cheating bosses you'll have to fight solo.
Good luck with it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sounds pretty close to impossible but also incredibly boring. Why would you want to play the game with all fun removed? All the things that allow you to be individual gone? This is like saying, go play baseball but you can't have team members, you must throw left handed, no gloves allowed, you must hop on one foot around the bases and wear a blindfold, oh and you only get one out before them game is over. CAN you play like? Sure, but why bother?

The limits also limit it to Life, Death and Balance schools since only those schools can effectively heal within their own school of spells.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
seethe42 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Sounds pretty close to impossible but also incredibly boring. Why would you want to play the game with all fun removed? All the things that allow you to be individual gone? This is like saying, go play baseball but you can't have team members, you must throw left handed, no gloves allowed, you must hop on one foot around the bases and wear a blindfold, oh and you only get one out before them game is over. CAN you play like? Sure, but why bother?

The limits also limit it to Life, Death and Balance schools since only those schools can effectively heal within their own school of spells.
The reason that the Iron Man challenge exists is the same reason that Nuzlockes in Pokémon exists. To add a new and challenging twist to a game you have gotten tired of playing the normal way. I love how challenges like the Iron Man exists because it can make the game more exciting when each battle is a chance where you could lose it all.

It may not sound like fun to you, which is completely fine, but I see how some find the aspect appealing.

Lv. 22

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Grizzley117 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
The reason that the Iron Man challenge exists is the same reason that Nuzlockes in Pokémon exists. To add a new and challenging twist to a game you have gotten tired of playing the normal way. I love how challenges like the Iron Man exists because it can make the game more exciting when each battle is a chance where you could lose it all.

It may not sound like fun to you, which is completely fine, but I see how some find the aspect appealing.

Lv. 22
There was an option called "Hard Core" in the game Diablo (and maybe it's still there in the newer versions). You got one life. Period. Once your character died it was erased completely. Didn't matter what level you were or how much loot you'd accumulated. Gone.
Now THAT is an Iron Man challenge. I could see where some people might like the OP's challenge but I have to agree with Seethe... the fun gets sucked out of the experience when you have to rely on un-boosted attacks and minimal defense while slugging it out over longer and longer periods of time. The biggest challenge will be resisting the temptation to just give in and train those forbidden spells and be done with it!