Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with My Visa Gift card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
So i recieved a 50$ visa gift card from my uncle for my birthday and am trying to buy 2500 crowns, but it's saying my billing address is incorrect and to check my statement. I'm not quite sure what that means, as this shouldn't HAVE a billing address, nor did they assign me one for my credit card statement.

Administrator
A few points to know regarding Pre Paid Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, or Amex gift cards):

1. Most card issuers require registration of the card prior to internet or phone purchases. Flip your card over and find the customer service number or website to register your card (be sure to enter your address correctly!).

2. We do "pre-authorizations", meaning when you enter your credit card information in the system, we send a call to the bank to verify and validate account information - this results in a $1 authorization charge on your account. It is NOT a charge and will automatically be put back in to your available balance within 3-5 business days (depending on the issuing banks policy). We mention this because a $50 gift card cannot be used for a $50 purchase (the $1 pre-authorization will make the available balance read $49) and would be declined for insufficient funds. In this case, just purchase some smaller increments and buy a soda pop next week with the few extra dollars left over.

If you have further questions, please send an email to support@wizard101.com.

community@wizard101.com