Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skipping Spell Cutscenes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2012
I have a good idea for wizard101. I think there should be an option to skip spell cutscenes. Say someone is in a rush and they really want to finish the boss, but all the enemies are using spells that last a long time. If there was a skip button on the side, we could finish bosses and enemies quicker. My idea for this is that there should be a small skip button on the side and the symbols darkened underneath depending on the people. If there are 4 people it will show all the symbols representing all 4 people. If everybody hits the button, the spell is skipped and you see the damage taken. If you are alone, it will automatically skip it. If the person on the sun symbol hits skip, the sun symbol underneath the skip button should glow, showing that the person on the sun symbol hit skip. I realized how much we needed this when i was fighting a boss and I was forced to leave my house so i would have to disconnect. We should have the skip button for finishing bosses and defeating enemies when we are in a rush. Who agrees with me? Please tell me your opinions.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
ethan story tail on Apr 3, 2016 wrote:
I have a good idea for wizard101. I think there should be an option to skip spell cutscenes. Say someone is in a rush and they really want to finish the boss, but all the enemies are using spells that last a long time. If there was a skip button on the side, we could finish bosses and enemies quicker. My idea for this is that there should be a small skip button on the side and the symbols darkened underneath depending on the people. If there are 4 people it will show all the symbols representing all 4 people. If everybody hits the button, the spell is skipped and you see the damage taken. If you are alone, it will automatically skip it. If the person on the sun symbol hits skip, the sun symbol underneath the skip button should glow, showing that the person on the sun symbol hit skip. I realized how much we needed this when i was fighting a boss and I was forced to leave my house so i would have to disconnect. We should have the skip button for finishing bosses and defeating enemies when we are in a rush. Who agrees with me? Please tell me your opinions.
Don't start the fight unless you can commit the time to finish it. Problem solved. I know emergencies arise and we've all had to flee a fight because of some unforeseen circumstance IRL. But honestly, does it happen often enough that it requires reprogramming the game to accommodate those rare occasions? I don't think so. I don't understand the concept of rushing through the game. Frankly, adding a "skip" button will cause more problems than it solves. There's going to be someone in the group that won't click that button... and the people in a hurry will get upset at them and then the insults start to fly. People will flee out of frustration and anger. Seriously, none of the spell animations in-game are too long to sit through*. (*the length of "Call of Khrulhu" has been addressed in the update) With the exception of a minor tweak here and there, these animations have been with us since the inception of the game and they've been fine up till now. No reason to redefine the combat system to account for impatience.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Yeah, gotta agree with TusconWizard on this one. I was rather surprised that the feature made it into P101 and it's never really been a huge help anyway because invariably other people don't care and will leave it turned off, and even when it's turned on the speed difference is not enough to make it worth it imo- it just makes me dizzy. I've always grossly overestimated the amount of time I feel a dungeon will take, usually reserving the bigger ones for afternoons when I know I have nothing to do. By a combination of this and simply being lucky that I've never had to jump up because my house was burning down or some other unexpected emergency, I have never had troubles with allocating the appropriate time for W101 or any other game. I've been disconnected plenty of times but that comes as a very unexpected thing and can't exactly be helped by speeding things up.

The way I see it, W101 has already given you a good way to estimate the time for dungeons if you keep your dungeon warnings (or whatever they're called) turned on. Those are very good since they also grossly overestimate the time required. I suppose it's easier as an adult because you're the one allocating time to your own chores and activities, but it would never hurt for kids to ask parents about any plans they have for the day ahead of time. With the exception of pre-update Khrulu (and even that will end up being shorter than all the rest of the AoE spells once TR goes live), I can't think of any spells that take a long time. Even the mammoth and snowball barrage ones aren't very bad.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I also agree with star and Tuscon having a skip or a speed up button would cause havoc for teams cause not everyone will have it on