Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unlucky with Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2015
I'm really disappointed from the hatching system this game offers. I have hatched, including today, sixteen times and I never, ever got a desired pet. I feel like my money is being thrown away only because of my unluckiness. This game should make certain modifications to such issue, I don't know if there's a trick we supposed to catch up or I'm just having a permanent bad luck. After today's hatching experience, I just gave up and found this as pointless. I'm really not hatching ever again.

And another thing I would like to stand out, when I hatch, I've noticed my random partner who I'm hatching with mostly gets the pet I'm offering but I never have gotten not even one, except for the same I have. I'm not exagerating my situation at all, this is real and, in my opinion, hatching is the worst thing this game has.

Artur Raven 73
Edward Bright 23

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Artur Raven on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
I'm really disappointed from the hatching system this game offers. I have hatched, including today, sixteen times and I never, ever got a desired pet. I feel like my money is being thrown away only because of my unluckiness. This game should make certain modifications to such issue, I don't know if there's a trick we supposed to catch up or I'm just having a permanent bad luck. After today's hatching experience, I just gave up and found this as pointless. I'm really not hatching ever again.

And another thing I would like to stand out, when I hatch, I've noticed my random partner who I'm hatching with mostly gets the pet I'm offering but I never have gotten not even one, except for the same I have. I'm not exagerating my situation at all, this is real and, in my opinion, hatching is the worst thing this game has.

Artur Raven 73
Edward Bright 23
Maybe you should try purchasing a hatching elixir from the crown shop?

Survivor
Aug 19, 2015
omagicspells on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
Maybe you should try purchasing a hatching elixir from the crown shop?
I already looked for any hatching luck elixir or item everywhere and there's nothing that could improve my situation. The only hatching elixir I found is the one in the Crown Shop, but it serves for another purpose. Thanks for trying to help but, as much as I want to, there's no some hatching luck elixir or something I could use to solve my issue.

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
Most of the things in this game are based on luck. Hatching, drops, critical, ect.
I have, and I'm not exaggerating, some of the worst luck I've ever seen anyone have. But remember... good things will come to those who are patient.
I hatched at least 20+ times before I got my 'dream pet'. You just have to stay determined to reach your goal. Something I've found is that hatching is much easier if you give it time. By that I mean, don't hatch or train your pet obsessively. What I did when attempting to get a good pet is I set up times I would train my pet, ect. Making sort of a schedule for yourself will make the entire system seem less tedious, in my opinion.

As a side note, the reason you continue to get your own pet, while the partner does not get their own, is because your pet is 'less rare'. Pets that are harder to get first editions of will be harder to get when hatching. The type of pet you have must be common, which is why you both get it when hatching.
Hope this somewhat helps..!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Artur Raven on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:

Artur Raven 73
Edward Bright 23
Hatching involves a high degree of luck. I don't understand why there should be "certain modifications" for these issues when there really are no issues. You said yourself, the other hatchers "mostly" got what they wanted... do you think those folks think the system needs to be modified? I doubt it. Without knowing what pets you're using and what talents you want it's hard to determine if you're doing anything wrong, but like others have said you just have to stick with it. Sixteen attempts is not out of the ordinary. I can't walk across any of my lawns without tripping over failed pets. It's part of the process and you have to expect failures on your way to success.