Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

April Fool Mount Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Since the past April Fool Mounts Kingsisle made were amazingly special and hilarious to have. I have a weird but silly idea for these years mount! The "WRECKING BALL": The wizard either swings on it by holding the chain like tarzan or even standing and balancing on the it while it rolls! This would be very funny to have in game!

Do you guys like the idea?
Whats your ideas for this years April Fool Mount :P

~AngelPixieDust

Hero
May 07, 2015
a bat-board would be SUPER funny. you would ride on the bats back like a surfboard. or a eagle mount. the eagle would carry you with its claws grabbing your shoulders. how funny would those two be!

~Miranda jade song

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
The eagles are coming! The eagles are coming!

Hero
May 07, 2015
Mr Talon on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
The eagles are coming! The eagles are coming!
lol

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
How 'bout a wizard riding a wizard? Stacking wizards?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
This reference may be too old for some younger players to relate to...
a Mary Poppins' style Flying Umbrella.

Hero
May 07, 2015
vMxverick on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
Lol

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Aw, yeah. Programming-wise, I wonder about two possibilities:
(1) Easy-ish: The mount would be a default Level 1 apprentice (with paintable outfit as with proper wizards).
(2) Trickier: The mount would match your own wizard's look, and change outfits when you do. Initial version would have to be no-trade / no-share to prevent programming confusion between wizards, but I think it would be hilarious for a wizard to be riding his/her "clone".

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
TucsonWizard on Mar 7, 2016 wrote:
Oooh, I like this idea!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
How about rather than a mount, the wizard performs a funny action? My all time favorite mount is the Mighty Steed mount because what we see is the wizard galloping. I have been stopped and asked about this mount, and complimented on it, more than any other mount I have (and I have, literally, hundreds!)

I think maybe our wizards doing cartwheels, somersaults, walking handstands, skipping, etc. would be cool.

As for mounts, I think less is more. I get caught by street mobs more on big lavish mounts because I can't see where I am going or what's coming at me!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Smaller is easier to get around on. Like the mighty steed a Mary Poppins style umbrella would be a reference to a classic movie/ book. Since KI likes to do those It may actually work. Are you sure you want it for April fools? They are likely to give it a speed penalty. Though you would then be able to glide about in stately fashion, standing ramrod straight, as Mary does in the movie.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
sun girl1122 on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
a bat-board would be SUPER funny. you would ride on the bats back like a surfboard. or a eagle mount. the eagle would carry you with its claws grabbing your shoulders. how funny would those two be!

~Miranda jade song
I love this idea! It reminds me of the ending of Lord of the Rings.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
This. Yes. You have captured my complete attention. I am a huge Mary Poppin's fan.

Maybe Kingsisle could do a punny change of her name (like how they did "The Professor" similar to a certain doctor we all know and love).

Did Mary's Umbrella have a name? After looking, all I could find was that the Mr. Banks actor also did the voice for the parrot on her umbrella.

Maybe we could call it a Poppin Parrot umbrella, or something?

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
I wish i hadn't missed the mighty steed mount

Anyways, i have many idea

One of the B.O.X.E.S.
This would float about and spin every once in a while (or maybe for the idle animation) and perhaps was uncontrollably fast instead of slow, or just +30% speed

A tiny pirate ship
This would go the normal +40% on land, but on underwater levels or while on top of water it'd go +50%
There should be NO mention of this in the trailer for it, or ingame on the stats tooltip, leaving it as just a nice easter egg

A carrot. No seriously. You just ride atop a carrot like a surfboard.
Thats it.

Sneaky snail
Its a cartoonized snail wearing a black mask like a superhero or generic ninja/bandit
-80% speed. HOWEVER, While riding atop the snail you cannot be pulled into battle. Its useful, but you are so slow that it counterbalances it

Speedy scooter
Its a floating scooter/motorbike with a sidecar similar to hagrid's one in the 1st harry potter.
Speed is +40% as always

Oh and finally
"Just a box"
Similar to the sneaky snail, this will have the "No getting pulled" but instead you have to be not moving. AKA if you stand still in the middle of a enemy's pathfinding you wont get pulled. The speed boost of this mount it just +10%, slower than a 1 day mount, but faster than walking.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
The lazy lion. While moving you have to get off the lion, get behind it and push it wherever you're going. When you stop moving you get back on. Afk animation is he yawns, collapses to the ground and falls asleep. With you still on him. Till you move again which gives a slight delay because you have to get off and start pushing him again.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
A dial-up modem, complete with the sounds, beeping, chirping, blinking lights, etc. And it has a -70% speed boost. (negative like the slowpoke sloth, but more!!!)

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
AngelPixieDust on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
Since the past April Fool Mounts Kingsisle made were amazingly special and hilarious to have. I have a weird but silly idea for these years mount! The "WRECKING BALL": The wizard either swings on it by holding the chain like tarzan or even standing and balancing on the it while it rolls! This would be very funny to have in game!

Do you guys like the idea?
Whats your ideas for this years April Fool Mount :P

~AngelPixieDust
i would like this idea for the walking on top of it, seems like they'd add some funny animations to it, or maybe make it a rainbow afro like a clown wig, and that rolls

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I believe this could work almost like the rhino mount given with The Sun Palace... where players could give each other "piggy-backs"

Brandon LifeRunner

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I like every single one of these ideas in the thread.

Some of my ideas:

Maybe instead of you having to get off an push the Lazy Lion, which would be laggy and weird, the mount was just you pushing a lion, no bonuses, just you pushing a lion. That would be fun.

The sneaky snail makes you way too slow in my opinion. Maybe -40%?

Hero
May 07, 2015
Ellie Goldenheart on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
I love this idea! It reminds me of the ending of Lord of the Rings.
cool

Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
That would cool though!!

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Destiny Winter on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
How about rather than a mount, the wizard performs a funny action? My all time favorite mount is the Mighty Steed mount because what we see is the wizard galloping. I have been stopped and asked about this mount, and complimented on it, more than any other mount I have (and I have, literally, hundreds!)

I think maybe our wizards doing cartwheels, somersaults, walking handstands, skipping, etc. would be cool.

As for mounts, I think less is more. I get caught by street mobs more on big lavish mounts because I can't see where I am going or what's coming at me!
Different wizard animations for traveling without a mount. That shouldn't just be for April fools. That would be cool all year round.