Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trying to get back into PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
This post isn't a complaint or anything of the sort, so don't treat it as such.

I have been away from this game for quite awhile, so I have had to adjust to all the new game mechanics that have been implemented. I use to pvp quite a lot before I left, and I wasn't a great at it by any means; but I wasn't terrible either (100ish matches and was a PVP Knight).

I've done a bit a research on the current state of PVP and was immediately discouraged by it. From what I understand, PVP is completely broken by this point; and most believe that it will never revert back to how it originally was. I must admit I'm on the same boat with these people, as I've almost given up hope in this "new" PVP system.

So, after coming back I decided to hop into PVP. I figured that I would start with low level pvp (lvl 1-10) because it's easier. Needless to say, I was wrong. Between the 2 characters I use, I've accumulated more losses than wins. I can't seem to beat most people, and I just end up frustrated. I have some of the better gear at the level, use treasure cards, and have a good pet; so I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong.

I want to become good at this game, and I'm willing to do what it takes to learn this system.

So, I guess what I'm looking for is advice from Warlords and other good PVPers.

Also, if there's a better site to go to in terms of PVP information, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Duelist101 is a great site that you can turn to for miscellaneous info on Wizard101 (including PVP), even if it hasn't quite caught up with the existing meta.

My advice to you: Don't PVP until you're Grandmaster, or preferably Max Level. Initiate PVP is in fact NOT easier than higher-level PVP, due to the players that farm hoard packs and friend-port to Loremaster for dropped spells that aren't otherwise attainable for another 50 levels (aka Loremaster herself).

Not to mention the players that 'smurf' Elucidate via high-level friends to gain yet another unfair advantage over their opponent. The pets you will see (triple double, Maycast Fortify, MC Enfeeble, MC Shatter, Resist Pets, etc) can also be a problem if you don't yourself have a high level wizard devoted to gardening for Mega Snacks for your pet that will be shared to your lower-level wizard.

LOL, I've seen level 1's with 40% damage and 40% resist. On the whole, avoid. Of course, Grandmaster PVP / Darkmoor have their own sets of problems, but I judge that lesser of 2 evils. At least you will have gear (eventually) that is on par with or better than Arena gear, and Shadow Shrike to deal (partially) with set resist; though sadly there's not much that can be done about the Dispels.

It pains me to say this, but PVP across all levels is pretty broken at the moment, and this is coming from someone who has spent devastating amounts of time making his Wizard the best he could be. (Try 61+ Darkmoor runs averaging at 3 hours per run, most times getting nothing but reagents and junk. Same for Tortureus, only I've still nothing from there. Not to mention the weeks and months of questing and leveling up).

The best advice I can give you is to approach PVP with a Christmas Spirit, never-say-die attitude, and you'll go far. Just don't rush it like I did, and DO NOT take it that seriously. It will save you a lot of angst.

Adrian
PVP Leaderboard