Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please allow farming gear to also be crafted

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2013
There are many people out there that have farmed darkmoor, waterworks etc dozens of times and recieved absolutely nothing, and it's annoying to the point that they just gave up. And there are people like me who's friends are never on and can't find a team, and even if we do find a team, someone leaves and never comes back in the middle of the dungeon ruining the team. I have 5 wizards, a prodigous and , a master and , grandmaster and is gonna either make a fire or myth sometime in the future. This means I will have to farm for gear over 5 times for hours, so i'm asking you kingsisle for me and everyone that is tired of farming for gear just to recieve junk and is tired of people leaving us in the dungeon to allow this gear to be crafted as well. Crafting this gear will obviously be a little difficult, but that's better than farming for days on end and recieving nothing, at least we're guaranteed to get it with crafting. Please kingsisle put this into the game, allot of players will be happy with this addition.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
usopp549 on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
There are many people out there that have farmed darkmoor, waterworks etc dozens of times and recieved absolutely nothing, and it's annoying to the point that they just gave up. And there are people like me who's friends are never on and can't find a team, and even if we do find a team, someone leaves and never comes back in the middle of the dungeon ruining the team. I have 5 wizards, a prodigous and , a master and , grandmaster and is gonna either make a fire or myth sometime in the future. This means I will have to farm for gear over 5 times for hours, so i'm asking you kingsisle for me and everyone that is tired of farming for gear just to recieve junk and is tired of people leaving us in the dungeon to allow this gear to be crafted as well. Crafting this gear will obviously be a little difficult, but that's better than farming for days on end and recieving nothing, at least we're guaranteed to get it with crafting. Please kingsisle put this into the game, allot of players will be happy with this addition.
First - don't take this as an attack on you specifically... but...
If the farmed gear is made craftable then the next thing to come will be the complaints that the reagents are too hard to find. It will never end. And frankly, all of those that have come before you have worked through these obstacles just like you're trying to do now. To arbitrarily drop the difficulty level now would be an injustice to all of the folks before you who've surpassed the difficulties you've mentioned. Also, bear in mind that NONE of the gear is absolutely necessary to win in this game. The game is designed to get harder as you progress which is exactly how it should be. The more things are made easy to get, the faster people will just stop playing because why bother if there's no challenge to it?
I'm certain that if KI were to change this as you request, a lot of players would be happy... but for how long? Once they realize there's no longer a challenge then new arguments will begin... such and such is too easy!
By the way, there is craftable gear already available that's equal to or better than what you'll get from any of the dungeons you've mentioned. You just have to find the recipes.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
Survivor
May 21, 2013
TucsonWizard on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
If the farmed gear is made craftable then the next thing to come will be the complaints that the reagents are too hard to find. It will never end. And frankly, all of those that have come before you have worked through these obstacles just like you're trying to do now. To arbitrarily drop the difficulty level now would be an injustice to all of the folks before you who've surpassed the difficulties you've mentioned. Also, bear in mind that NONE of the gear is absolutely necessary to win in this game. The game is designed to get harder as you progress which is exactly how it should be. The more things are made easy to get, the faster people will just stop playing because why bother if there's no challenge to it?
I'm certain that if KI were to change this as you request, a lot of players would be happy... but for how long? Once they realize there's no longer a challenge then new arguments will begin... such and such is too easy!
By the way, there is craftable gear already available that's equal to or better than what you'll get from any of the dungeons you've mentioned. You just have to find the recipes.
Even if the reagants are hard to get, i'd take that over the dungeons any day of the week. And i have yet to see any crafted gear better than darkmoor gear, the khrysalis crafted gear isn't that good tbh.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
usopp549 on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Even if the reagants are hard to get, i'd take that over the dungeons any day of the week. And i have yet to see any crafted gear better than darkmoor gear, the khrysalis crafted gear isn't that good tbh.
I understand your point but have you tried farming for Potent Trap TCs or Amber or Merle's Whiskers? From my experience it is as difficult if not more so to find these reagents as it is to get a decent drop from Darkmoor... and many of the good gear recipes call for large quantities of these and other hard to find reagents. Not to mention some of the recipes with fish as ingredients.
You're correct about the majority of gear from Khrysalis but I've found some pieces that are very nice. And forget about Polaris gear... most of that junk appears to be an afterthought for the most part.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I do see your point of view, and it could lead to potential problems, but I do think being able to craft gear that you originally could farm would be an amazing upgrade if done correctly. I am not saying that the crafting should be any easier, it should even out with the farming in difficulty. Yes, there would still be complaints about the crafting, so people should have the option to choose between crafting and farming. We still want it to be a challenge, just a different system of getting it. I totally agree with you that it would need to be hard to craft the gear, but it could be possible if done the right way.
- Gabrielle Silversword
P.S. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! (coming up!)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Lizziebell03 on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
I do see your point of view, and it could lead to potential problems, but I do think being able to craft gear that you originally could farm would be an amazing upgrade if done correctly. I am not saying that the crafting should be any easier, it should even out with the farming in difficulty. Yes, there would still be complaints about the crafting, so people should have the option to choose between crafting and farming. We still want it to be a challenge, just a different system of getting it. I totally agree with you that it would need to be hard to craft the gear, but it could be possible if done the right way.
- Gabrielle Silversword
P.S. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! (coming up!)
I guess I'm jaded... so many posts on these forums are all about complaining about absolutely anything and everything you can possibly imagine. I forget sometimes that there are still people like us who appreciate the challenges. It seems like more and more players just want good items to drop in their laps and don't want to put in the work. Ideally, if the rare reagents required to craft an item could be dropped by the same boss who drops the item itself, it would certainly take the sting out of endlessly farming and seemingly getting nothing.
My luck... I would get the last reagent I need for crafting in the same drop where I finally get the item I've been wanting to craft.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
usopp549 on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
No pls no. Crafting gear takes away a fundamental part of MMO'S which is the farming aspect. Farming is meant to be time consuming and it is meant to take effort but it's your choice whether you think the gear is worth the struggle. Crafting takes away from the RNG and grind of farming. And before you say that crafting is a grind, it isn't, everything you need takes a few minutes to bazaar farm. I've gotten 30 fossils in 5 minutes from the bazaar and I have well over 700 sunstone also. And as for Amber, farming glad and Cronus are quick and easy ways to get this reagent and King parsley farms also provide lots of Amber. Trust me, I have experienced darkmoor teams, it usually is difficult to find them but I've gotten all the pieces I've needed on 3 of my wizards. Yes, the drops can sometimes be rare, my balance probably took more tries to get his gear than my life and ice attempts combined. And even with the struggle of getting darkmoor gear, KI continually tries to make it easier with the addition of second chance chests at malistaire and the darkmoor nerf and the exalted duels. I myself, use the krokotopia hat on my life and ice and the rattles robe on my ice, they're rather easy to get compared to darkmoor and have small improvements. As for waterworks, I haven't seen many people complain about this dungeon, it's easy and fast and it doesn't take much effort to get the gear. Even so, crafted gear gives vast improvements in critical and block which technically fits your wish for crafting dungeon gear. Not to mention if you could craft the gear, many valuable hours of farming would go down the drain for players like myself. Also if you want me to give you an example of this, just ask me
Lvl 110
Lvl 73
Lvl 31
Lvl 25

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Crafting gear doesn't necessarily have to be easier than farming. It could be about the same difficulty as farming, maybe a little more difficult to make sure people don't complain. This will ensure that those who worked hard farming won't be ripped off. It is simply a different option that could be available for people who want a different scenery. I personally think it is a great idea and I am for it.
Gabrielle Silversword 93

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Adam Wintersinger on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
No pls no. Crafting gear takes away a fundamental part of MMO'S which is the farming aspect. Farming is meant to be time consuming and it is meant to take effort but it's your choice whether you think the gear is worth the struggle. Crafting takes away from the RNG and grind of farming. And before you say that crafting is a grind, it isn't, everything you need takes a few minutes to bazaar farm. I've gotten 30 fossils in 5 minutes from the bazaar and I have well over 700 sunstone also. And as for Amber, farming glad and Cronus are quick and easy ways to get this reagent and King parsley farms also provide lots of Amber. Trust me, I have experienced darkmoor teams, it usually is difficult to find them but I've gotten all the pieces I've needed on 3 of my wizards. Yes, the drops can sometimes be rare, my balance probably took more tries to get his gear than my life and ice attempts combined. And even with the struggle of getting darkmoor gear, KI continually tries to make it easier with the addition of second chance chests at malistaire and the darkmoor nerf and the exalted duels. I myself, use the krokotopia hat on my life and ice and the rattles robe on my ice, they're rather easy to get compared to darkmoor and have small improvements. As for waterworks, I haven't seen many people complain about this dungeon, it's easy and fast and it doesn't take much effort to get the gear. Even so, crafted gear gives vast improvements in critical and block which technically fits your wish for crafting dungeon gear. Not to mention if you could craft the gear, many valuable hours of farming would go down the drain for players like myself. Also if you want me to give you an example of this, just ask me
Lvl 110
Lvl 73
Lvl 31
Lvl 25
Well not that many people have as much luck as you. I have farmed waterworks no more than 3 times on each of my wizards and received most of the gear(I've never gotten the boots), but for people with worst like than you or I could have the option of crafting. I even said in my first comment "crafting these gear will obviously be difficult" meaning I am fully prepared for the struggle to craft this. And darkmoor is time consuming if the same thing keeps happening almost every time you try to farm it, like after you kill the first boss, you start doing good with the shane von shane strategy, but for some reason one person leaves then shane von shane somehow gains the upper hand and either defeats the attacker or takes away their blades. This has happened to me so many times that I have lost the motivation to farm. My friends are never on so I can't find a team I know that would work. Like i said, i'm not expecting crafting this gear to be easy in no way, shape, or farm, because just like what you are saying, I don't want players who farmed for this gear to feel like they worked hard for no reason. And gear you need to farm will keep coming out almost every time there's a new world, meaning players are going to need this gear to progress further. How can you expect to do the world after polaris and higher with only 250 critical block? We need another way to get the gear. As for the reagants, I can agree with you about the sunstone and fossil, but there are way more rare reagants that can't be "bizaare farmed" and don't come from plants, so KI might use the really rare reagants for the gear if they have this happen.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Seriously. W101 gear drops are the worst of any game I have ever played. Not only is it extremely rare, it can take you months if not years to get even one piece of gear you've been wanting - let alone a whole set.

There are so many people who don't have the time to sit all day long, every day, farming till they're blue in the face. There are also people who can't sit at their computers for very long, due to disabilities. Should they be shut out, too?

Crafting should be an alternative. However, it should not be the top-tier gear. Crafted gear should be tier 2. This provides an alternative to the grind and agony of farming, which many players won't or can't do.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
usopp549 on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
Well not that many people have as much luck as you. I have farmed waterworks no more than 3 times on each of my wizards and received most of the gear(I've never gotten the boots), but for people with worst like than you or I could have the option of crafting. I even said in my first comment "crafting these gear will obviously be difficult" meaning I am fully prepared for the struggle to craft this. And darkmoor is time consuming if the same thing keeps happening almost every time you try to farm it, like after you kill the first boss, you start doing good with the shane von shane strategy, but for some reason one person leaves then shane von shane somehow gains the upper hand and either defeats the attacker or takes away their blades. This has happened to me so many times that I have lost the motivation to farm. My friends are never on so I can't find a team I know that would work. Like i said, i'm not expecting crafting this gear to be easy in no way, shape, or farm, because just like what you are saying, I don't want players who farmed for this gear to feel like they worked hard for no reason. And gear you need to farm will keep coming out almost every time there's a new world, meaning players are going to need this gear to progress further. How can you expect to do the world after polaris and higher with only 250 critical block? We need another way to get the gear. As for the reagants, I can agree with you about the sunstone and fossil, but there are way more rare reagants that can't be "bizaare farmed" and don't come from plants, so KI might use the really rare reagants for the gear if they have this happen.
Only 250 block? That's a decent amount to quest with. Without my amulet, I would probably only have 300 block which isn't that bad. Also, crafted gear is extremely easy to craft and has decent stats to work with. From what you are saying, I assume that you want darkmoor gear for questing in future worlds which really isn't that necessary. Sure, the gear can make it easier to quest with but it is only a luxury and isn't completely necessary. On my ice wiz for example, I had no problem soloing most of Polaris and I had an extremely bad robe and athame but I made it through just fine. For my other wizards, I farmed darkmoor before Polaris so it was super easy. Also you can farm krokotopia and rattles bones which you never mentioned and the gear is actually better for some schools (ice, death and life namely) and decent for others unless you're storm.
Lvl 110
Lvl 89
Lvl 31
Lvl 25

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Adam Wintersinger on Feb 24, 2016 wrote:
Only 250 block? That's a decent amount to quest with. Without my amulet, I would probably only have 300 block which isn't that bad. Also, crafted gear is extremely easy to craft and has decent stats to work with. From what you are saying, I assume that you want darkmoor gear for questing in future worlds which really isn't that necessary. Sure, the gear can make it easier to quest with but it is only a luxury and isn't completely necessary. On my ice wiz for example, I had no problem soloing most of Polaris and I had an extremely bad robe and athame but I made it through just fine. For my other wizards, I farmed darkmoor before Polaris so it was super easy. Also you can farm krokotopia and rattles bones which you never mentioned and the gear is actually better for some schools (ice, death and life namely) and decent for others unless you're storm.
Lvl 110
Lvl 89
Lvl 31
Lvl 25
Well I didn't need to mention the krok and rattlebones gear(hence why I said ect.). And i'm also planning on pvping, in max pvp, you have a 99% chance of facing someone with the darkmoor gear, this is a must for high lvl pvp, not just questing. The gear my balance has on(the ww hat, azteca boots, and darkmoor robe) won't really help as the new worlds come out, neither will my ice's gear(the crafted avalon hat and robe with the lvl 80 ice boots from the crown shop). We will need to upgrade on gear as the new updates come out. It's like if you are trying to get through high school on an 8th grade education, sure it will help in the 9th grade, but it won't help as the stuff you learn will get increasingly harder each time just like the worlds will get harder to the point where the gear we have on will be useless. So basically what i'm trying to say is the gear I have on may not be so bad now(it kinda is compared to others), but if i stick with this gear and don't upgrade I won't be able to progress as easily as other players that have the up to date gear.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I wish we could get past the "peanut allergy" approach that seems to be so common. We can't have peanuts on a plane because a few scattered people might be allergic. Because a small percentage of people don't have the time, don't have the patience, don't have the luck, can't sit still long enough or just plain don't want to put in the time to get the items in question should not dictate that the entire game should be dumbed down to make it easier for them. None of this gear is "necessary" to be successful in the game. Part of the allure of the game is the desire for better things. If you want them badly enough you should have to work for them. Honestly, if some people had their way we'd be checking off boxes when we create a new character that would allow us to choose their level, the spells they have, the gear they own and to top it off... the perfect pet, ultra level of course! Hey, why not throw in a house or two because we "deserve" it? I realize that crafting an item isn't as simple as having it given to you but there should be some things left in the game that are not attainable through any means but fighting for them.
I'm not against crafting. On the contrary, most of the gear my wizards use is crafted. My point is that it will become a never-ending spiral of the "give them an inch and they'll want a mile" mindset. There are threads in the forum already that argue that people "deserve" to be able to craft higher level items at lower levels because they've "met all of the requirements" to do so. It's a "whole nuther" argument so I won't get into it here but it's an example of what to expect.
Again, I'm not targeting anyone in particular with this I'm merely pointing out my observations and opinion.
Hey you kids... get off my lawn!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
usopp549 on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
Well I didn't need to mention the krok and rattlebones gear(hence why I said ect.). And i'm also planning on pvping, in max pvp, you have a 99% chance of facing someone with the darkmoor gear, this is a must for high lvl pvp, not just questing. The gear my balance has on(the ww hat, azteca boots, and darkmoor robe) won't really help as the new worlds come out, neither will my ice's gear(the crafted avalon hat and robe with the lvl 80 ice boots from the crown shop). We will need to upgrade on gear as the new updates come out. It's like if you are trying to get through high school on an 8th grade education, sure it will help in the 9th grade, but it won't help as the stuff you learn will get increasingly harder each time just like the worlds will get harder to the point where the gear we have on will be useless. So basically what i'm trying to say is the gear I have on may not be so bad now(it kinda is compared to others), but if i stick with this gear and don't upgrade I won't be able to progress as easily as other players that have the up to date gear.
I agree that darkmoor/exalted duel gear is 157% necessary for pvp. No arguments there. I also understand that the worlds will probably progressively get harder but keep in mind, there will probably be crafted gear in the next world. I am not completely sure of this fact but every main world has had crafted gear except Polaris. But keep in mind that kingsisle won't make this game hard enough to the point where you need to upgrade to darkmoor just to quest. After all, this is a kid's game. Darkmoor gear drops are 100% random, I agree and have noticed it happen with my wizards. For example, my ice took 13 runs, my life took 7 runs, my balance took 20 runs and my fire took 4 runs (1 day!) These results are outstandingly varied and don't have any particular pattern which is one thing many players hate about farming. Honestly, the biggest problem I find with darkmoor is actually finding a good and reliable team. This usually takes me half an hour to do and accounts for 25% of average run times (assuming it's a 1 hr 30 min run). To be honest, for a balance or ice, you don't probably even need good gear to do well in pvp either. Yes you need a few pieces of good gear, but running tier 2 boots or other trash gear probably won't harm you that much. Keep in mind also that kingsisle keeps making the gear EASIER and EASIER and EASIER and EASIER to get. Like I said before, they added exalted duels, they added second chance chests, they made the gear tradeable and they decreased the difficulty of the entire dungeon. It's sad how people want it to be nerfed again.

Lvl 110
Lvl 100 (got his gear, now to quest and get yevgeny athame)
Lvl 31
Lvl 25

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Adam Wintersinger on Feb 28, 2016 wrote:
I agree that darkmoor/exalted duel gear is 157% necessary for pvp. No arguments there. I also understand that the worlds will probably progressively get harder but keep in mind, there will probably be crafted gear in the next world. I am not completely sure of this fact but every main world has had crafted gear except Polaris. But keep in mind that kingsisle won't make this game hard enough to the point where you need to upgrade to darkmoor just to quest. After all, this is a kid's game. Darkmoor gear drops are 100% random, I agree and have noticed it happen with my wizards. For example, my ice took 13 runs, my life took 7 runs, my balance took 20 runs and my fire took 4 runs (1 day!) These results are outstandingly varied and don't have any particular pattern which is one thing many players hate about farming. Honestly, the biggest problem I find with darkmoor is actually finding a good and reliable team. This usually takes me half an hour to do and accounts for 25% of average run times (assuming it's a 1 hr 30 min run). To be honest, for a balance or ice, you don't probably even need good gear to do well in pvp either. Yes you need a few pieces of good gear, but running tier 2 boots or other trash gear probably won't harm you that much. Keep in mind also that kingsisle keeps making the gear EASIER and EASIER and EASIER and EASIER to get. Like I said before, they added exalted duels, they added second chance chests, they made the gear tradeable and they decreased the difficulty of the entire dungeon. It's sad how people want it to be nerfed again.

Lvl 110
Lvl 100 (got his gear, now to quest and get yevgeny athame)
Lvl 31
Lvl 25
"It's sad how people want it to be nerfed again" you're making it sound like crafting of this caliber will be easy. It's still going to be difficult, but with crafting you're guaranteed to get it once you have all the ingredients for the desired item. You said it yourself, the drops are completely random, meaning that I could farm this gear 10 times a day for 5 months and possibly STILL don't get the gear. None of my friends are on so I can't ask them to farm with me, and I don't wanna use team up for this dungeon because every time I get abandoned in the middle of the shane von shane battle. And where is the chest in the third dungeon? I used to use the first dungeon chest until kingsisle made it where you can't go through the door until the boss is defeated.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
usopp549 on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
"It's sad how people want it to be nerfed again" you're making it sound like crafting of this caliber will be easy. It's still going to be difficult, but with crafting you're guaranteed to get it once you have all the ingredients for the desired item. You said it yourself, the drops are completely random, meaning that I could farm this gear 10 times a day for 5 months and possibly STILL don't get the gear. None of my friends are on so I can't ask them to farm with me, and I don't wanna use team up for this dungeon because every time I get abandoned in the middle of the shane von shane battle. And where is the chest in the third dungeon? I used to use the first dungeon chest until kingsisle made it where you can't go through the door until the boss is defeated.
1st of all, NEVER do team up in the graveyard, I could write a whole thread about why team up groups are bad. 2nd of all I'm talking about the 2nd chance chest after you beat malistaire ( I've seen people who spam this chest so much that they get all their gear in like 2 runs). If you have truly given up on malistaire, either farm Krokotopia and rattles or spam the chest if you have crowns. Honestly, the krokotopia and rattles gear is somewhat better than malistaire gear and you should farm that. For balance, its ok but not something I would farm. It may seem like I keep repeating myself but you only briefly talked about these 2 bosses and u should put consideration for farming these guys. It seems like the biggest problem you and I have with darkmoor is finding groups, team up takes way too long and can often fail. There isn't a clear solution I can think of to this problem bc every time I even try team up, we end up with no hitters and no healers and no plan. So what ends up happening is people blade themselves and use weak spells and take a super long time to kill. If you don't need team up, finding a group takes a while especially as an ice or balance wizard. Honesty, I have to agree with you when it comes to darkmoor groups. The next problem you mention is luck and time. Let's assume that someone does this ~50 times to get his full gear, if this idea were to be added, all that time would be for nothing and a complete waste of time.
Another big important thing that I completely forgot to mention is the experience you get from here. By experience i don't mean EXP that you need for leveling up, I mean skill. Imo, darkmoor teaches new wizards a lot more about the game than any other dungeons. Darkmoor is where I learned the true power of storm and the importance of a life wizard. No other dungeo.n has taught me as much about the game as darkmoor has. If I didn't do darkmoor, I would end up blading myself in bosses like Rasputin.

Lvl 110
Lvl 107
Lvl 31

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Adam Wintersinger on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
1st of all, NEVER do team up in the graveyard, I could write a whole thread about why team up groups are bad. 2nd of all I'm talking about the 2nd chance chest after you beat malistaire ( I've seen people who spam this chest so much that they get all their gear in like 2 runs). If you have truly given up on malistaire, either farm Krokotopia and rattles or spam the chest if you have crowns. Honestly, the krokotopia and rattles gear is somewhat better than malistaire gear and you should farm that. For balance, its ok but not something I would farm. It may seem like I keep repeating myself but you only briefly talked about these 2 bosses and u should put consideration for farming these guys. It seems like the biggest problem you and I have with darkmoor is finding groups, team up takes way too long and can often fail. There isn't a clear solution I can think of to this problem bc every time I even try team up, we end up with no hitters and no healers and no plan. So what ends up happening is people blade themselves and use weak spells and take a super long time to kill. If you don't need team up, finding a group takes a while especially as an ice or balance wizard. Honesty, I have to agree with you when it comes to darkmoor groups. The next problem you mention is luck and time. Let's assume that someone does this ~50 times to get his full gear, if this idea were to be added, all that time would be for nothing and a complete waste of time.
Another big important thing that I completely forgot to mention is the experience you get from here. By experience i don't mean EXP that you need for leveling up, I mean skill. Imo, darkmoor teaches new wizards a lot more about the game than any other dungeons. Darkmoor is where I learned the true power of storm and the importance of a life wizard. No other dungeo.n has taught me as much about the game as darkmoor has. If I didn't do darkmoor, I would end up blading myself in bosses like Rasputin.

Lvl 110
Lvl 107
Lvl 31
"all that time would be for nothing" I was expecting something like this. Why is it a waste of time? He got the gear so why should it matter,it's not like he just one the lottery for a billion dollars then out of nowhere everyone else got a money machine. That means if he decides to make another wizard or has a wizard at darkmoor he doesn't have to worry about hours of farming when crafting's an option now. Even if this idea is added not everyone will want to craft, people that despise crafting will still farm for the gear. Anyone that feels cheated if this comes out shouldn't because why? There's no issue here, if I worked very hard for 5 agonizing months to earn a million dollars and I saw that there a faster, but still very challenging way to get the money,of course i'd be angry at first, but then i'd realize "why should I be mad? Next time I need a million dollars I could just use this method" if the example wasn't clear enough i'm saying that anyone that will be upset about this should think about it logically, this means if a new world comes out with new farming gear you can now craft it so you don't have to go through the atrocity which is farming.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
TucsonWizard on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
I understand your point but have you tried farming for Potent Trap TCs or Amber or Merle's Whiskers? From my experience it is as difficult if not more so to find these reagents as it is to get a decent drop from Darkmoor... and many of the good gear recipes call for large quantities of these and other hard to find reagents. Not to mention some of the recipes with fish as ingredients.
You're correct about the majority of gear from Khrysalis but I've found some pieces that are very nice. And forget about Polaris gear... most of that junk appears to be an afterthought for the most part.
wait merle's whiskers are supposed to be rare? I got a few of them just by farming pixie sticks in mirror lake.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
usopp549 on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Agreed;
There hasn't been any decent crafting options for a long time.
I am willing to spend time to farm, but some of the upper level dungeons now are impossible to complete Solo, let alone for gear. Shame on KI for making DM dungeon necessary for a Spell. I am far from lazy; I prefer to level all of my chars Solo so that I can experience all of the game- the storyline, visuals, easter eggs, etc. and become a better player even if it means it takes a while longer. Too many are in a rush.

There has been a shift from Craft to Packs to get decent gear.
Looks like they are all about the Money.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
TucsonWizard on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
I agree with you.

The points you mention, a Solo player with time and patience could obtain what is needed. Darkmoor takes a Team.

I think the issue is the lack of Craft recipes at this point. (Remember the dreaded Spirit Caller Drums from way back ).
It would be nice to have some more options, even if the stats aren't as good.

Craft seems to be dying.