Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storytime 2016

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Greetings Wizards,

Here at the Arcanum, we are perpetually engaged in a great many very important things, but occasionally, in a rare moment of peace, we venture here to the message boards and listen to the whispers on the wind.

Lately, we've heard the quiet murmurs of questioning minds, and so for a short time, we've committed to come armed with answers. Be forewarned, however: there are a great many secrets at the Arcanum, and certain inquiries may only receive the most cursory, vague response you can possibly imagine.

Remember, of course, we work in the mysteries of magic, where sometimes truth is an impossible quantity to measure. But by all means, if you have questions of the Wizard101 writing staff, please, fire away. Zander and I will make every effort to answer... to the best of our ability.

Librarian Fitzhume

Administrator
Hello all,

Please keep in mind the guidelines of the Story Time thread.

Librarian Fitzhume won't answer questions about game mechanics, bugs, or schedule. Your questions should focus on the story, but keep in mind, asking about future content might constitute spoilers. As Blind Mew would say, "That would be telling."

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
What were the special powers of the Sword of Kings? How did it help us fight the shadow (other than pendargon and the spell doesn't count)?

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
What does Baba Yaga mean when she says that the Arcanum is between the spiral? Where is it? How is it being kept hidden? How is it being protected? What is the actual "creed" of the Arcanum? How were the researchers there chosen?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I'm a bit confused about a section of the Polaris storyline.

In the quest, Story of the Sky Anchor, it said, "The largest Borealis Shard bound Land to Sky again; the Sky Anchor was then hidden away on the Horizon of Polarian". This implies that the Sky Anchor was hidden in the Horizon Hold dungeon at the top of the Borealis Peaks.

However, I remember back in the Frigid Maw, that Rasputin obtained a very large Borealis Shard that his hypnotized miners uncovered. Rasputin then attached it to his ship, and he sailed away with it. Was this Borealis Shard the Sky Anchor? If it was, then how did the Sky Anchor get buried in the Frigid Maw, if the Mammoth Tusks said it was in the Horizon Hold?

Also, when Wizards first arrive into the Horizon Hold, we see that the Sky Anchor is already there. If the Sky Anchor was that large Borealis Shard uncovered in the Frigid Maw, then how is it already in the Horizon Hold? Wizards arrived before Rasputin and his Titan made it into the Horizon Hold.

If the very large Borealis Shard uncovered was not the Sky Anchor, then what was its purpose storyline-wise? Rasputin seemed pretty determined to get that Borealis Shard, considering he hypnotized several villagers from Urville Station to help him.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
ben417a on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
What does Baba Yaga mean when she says that the Arcanum is between the spiral? Where is it? How is it being kept hidden? How is it being protected? What is the actual "creed" of the Arcanum? How were the researchers there chosen?
The Arcanum is both inside and outside the Spiral. It's a part of it, but also apart from it. It was created using obscure magics - deep, hidden arcane laws far beyond the scope of anything you may have learned about at Ravenwood. The purpose of its isolation is to give the Scholars there an unbiased perspective of Spiral events and to make sure they can protect against threats that come from outside the Spiral. Such threats cannot even be perceived from within the Spiral.

Keep in mind, there are entire magical philosophies and research departments within the Arcanum that you have not yet heard about it. Much more is to be revealed in Wizard101, and possibly even outside Wizard101.

The Arcanum Creed is:
In the Order, a Spiral.
In the Spiral, a Magic.
In the Magic, an Eternity.
In the Eternity, a Truth.

The Scholars of the Arcanum have come to it through many pathways. Some have been there since its founding. Others discovered it through their own magical research, gained access and were then convinced to stay. And of course, there are those who were recruited, sometimes by the other Scholars as a collective, and sometimes, as in the Wizard's case, recruited by a single scholar who saw a tremendous potential.

Community Leader
I'm excited to see a new story thread open! A few questions come to mind:

1. I get a sort of Dumbledore's Army kind of vibe from the inhabitants of the Arcanum - a secret organization fighting for good that has caught wind of Old Cob's rise. Is this an accurate description or are there other motives behind the people in the Arcanum? Can you say who assembled them or how they were assembled?

2. The Arcanum is said to be beyond the Spiral. Some have theorized that the big black hole is the Spiral. Is this the case? If so, is it safe to assume that other places and worlds outside the normal range of the Spiral?

3. When "King Artorius" talked about Old Cob, he seemed to hint that Old Cob was not necessarily evil and his intentions not necessarily nefarious. Clearly that direction has changed - he now seems to believe the Spiral is a diseased and broken shadow of it former self which he intends to make right by destroying its current state.

4. Is it really feasible that a mortal wizard could defeat a First World being like Grandfather Spider?

Thank you!

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
Librarian Fitzhume on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
The Arcanum is both inside and outside the Spiral. It's a part of it, but also apart from it. It was created using obscure magics - deep, hidden arcane laws far beyond the scope of anything you may have learned about at Ravenwood. The purpose of its isolation is to give the Scholars there an unbiased perspective of Spiral events and to make sure they can protect against threats that come from outside the Spiral. Such threats cannot even be perceived from within the Spiral.

Keep in mind, there are entire magical philosophies and research departments within the Arcanum that you have not yet heard about it. Much more is to be revealed in Wizard101, and possibly even outside Wizard101.

The Arcanum Creed is:
In the Order, a Spiral.
In the Spiral, a Magic.

The Scholars of the Arcanum have come to it through many pathways. Some have been there since its founding. Others discovered it through their own magical research, gained access and were then convinced to stay. And of course, there are those who were recruited, sometimes by the other Scholars as a collective, and sometimes, as in the Wizard's case, recruited by a single scholar who saw a tremendous potential.
Deep, hidden, obscure, and arcane describes my favorite type of magic, what type is it? Is it taught in the arcanum? Is there a rival arcanum? By saying they are outside the spiral are you impying that the spiral is one galaxy of many? (Like the milkyway being one of many spiral galaxies?)

When you recite the arcanum creed:
In the Order, a Spiral.
In the Spiral, a Magic.

What message is supposed to be delivered by saying it? Is it just vowing to protect the spiral and find the truth?

Developer
What were the special powers of the Sword of Kings? How did it help us fight the shadow (other than pendargon and the spell doesn't count)?
Great question, Ben417a.

Popular belief is that the Sword of Kings should be thought of less as an item that's imbued with any particular special magical powers, and more of a conduit that facilitates and magnifies the expression of the special abilities inherent to the person who wields it.
Legend says it is capable of helping the lowliest of squires transform into a valiant warrior king, so long as the talent to do so was already present within said squire.

Therefore, the Sword of Kings helped in the fight against Shadow because it amplified the magical power you weren't even aware you possessed.

All that said, some scholars think it is just a pretty hunk of steel that happens to have been possessed by very special people.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
FusionSun on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:

In the quest, Story of the Sky Anchor, it said, "The largest Borealis Shard bound Land to Sky again; the Sky Anchor was then hidden away on the Horizon of Polarian". This implies that the Sky Anchor was hidden in the Horizon Hold dungeon at the top of the Borealis Peaks.

However, I remember back in the Frigid Maw, that Rasputin obtained a very large Borealis Shard that his hypnotized miners uncovered. Rasputin then attached it to his ship, and he sailed away with it. Was this Borealis Shard the Sky Anchor? If it was, then how did the Sky Anchor get buried in the Frigid Maw, if the Mammoth Tusks said it was in the Horizon Hold?

Also, when Wizards first arrive into the Horizon Hold, we see that the Sky Anchor is already there. If the Sky Anchor was that large Borealis Shard uncovered in the Frigid Maw, then how is it already in the Horizon Hold? Wizards arrived before Rasputin and his Titan made it into the Horizon Hold.

If the very large Borealis Shard uncovered was not the Sky Anchor, then what was its purpose storyline-wise? Rasputin seemed pretty determined to get that Borealis Shard, considering he hypnotized several villagers from Urville Station to help him.
Indeed, at one point, it seemed as if the large Borealis crystal mined from the Frigid Maw must be the legendary Sky Anchor. This was the conclusion the scholars of the Arcanum reached as well, and though concerned that Rasputin had acquired the Anchor, they dismissed the threat because only a Titan could break such a thing. Thus, it was determined that the urgency of the situation did not call for the Arcanum scholars to intervene themselves, but rather this was a task wisely left to the Arcanum's newest Initiate.

Within the Kataba Iceblock, however, new evidence surfaced. Explorer Jock Coosto revealed that the Sky Anchor was actually a "towering mountain of pure Borealis" at the edge of the world. This didn't make sense... if the Sky Anchor was a mountain, then why was Rasputin so determined to acquire the large Borealis Crystal in the Frigid Maw? The answer became clear shortly thereafter, when Mellori made a startling discovery in studying the schematics in the Golem Garden. In fact, the Wizard soon laid eyes on the result of Rasputin's labors firsthand...

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Swordroll on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I'm excited to see a new story thread open! A few questions come to mind:

1. I get a sort of Dumbledore's Army kind of vibe from the inhabitants of the Arcanum - a secret organization fighting for good that has caught wind of Old Cob's rise. Is this an accurate description or are there other motives behind the people in the Arcanum? Can you say who assembled them or how they were assembled?

2. The Arcanum is said to be beyond the Spiral. Some have theorized that the big black hole is the Spiral. Is this the case? If so, is it safe to assume that other places and worlds outside the normal range of the Spiral?

3. When "King Artorius" talked about Old Cob, he seemed to hint that Old Cob was not necessarily evil and his intentions not necessarily nefarious. Clearly that direction has changed - he now seems to believe the Spiral is a diseased and broken shadow of it former self which he intends to make right by destroying its current state.

4. Is it really feasible that a mortal wizard could defeat a First World being like Grandfather Spider?

Thank you!
Good questions, Swordroll.

1. Strange as it may sound, the founding of the Arcanum is a bit of a mystery even to many of the Scholars themselves. Who had such foresight to predict the need for such an organization? What magnitude of magic was required to construct it in this seemingly impossible space? These questions sometimes keep us awake at night as well. As to the Arcanum's motives, indeed, by their creed, they certainly seem duty-bound to protect the Spiral. Do they have other motives as well? I suspect they do, if not as a collective, then at the very least, as individuals. I get the sense that most of the Scholars have passions and interests relating to other matters.

2. The nature of the intergalactic phenomena that can be seen from the Arcanum's windows has not yet been explained to the Wizard, but this much I can say: the Arcanum Scholars do indeed know much about what's out there, how it relates to the Spiral, and how it relates to that which is not the Spiral as we know it. That said, I don't know if it's safe to assume there are other worlds outside the Spiral. There is something out there. But it might be dangerous to even think about it.

3. Old Cob is indeed a mystery. He clearly wants to destroy the Spiral, but what exactly his motives might be, I'm not sure I fully understand. Is he truly evil? He certainly doesn't seem to be friendly. He sometimes reminds me of Malistaire. Was Malistaire truly evil?

4. A measly little Wizard like you? Certainly not. To even entertain such a notion... ha!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Scholar Zander on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
Great question, Ben417a.

Popular belief is that the Sword of Kings should be thought of less as an item that's imbued with any particular special magical powers, and more of a conduit that facilitates and magnifies the expression of the special abilities inherent to the person who wields it.
Legend says it is capable of helping the lowliest of squires transform into a valiant warrior king, so long as the talent to do so was already present within said squire.

Therefore, the Sword of Kings helped in the fight against Shadow because it amplified the magical power you weren't even aware you possessed.

All that said, some scholars think it is just a pretty hunk of steel that happens to have been possessed by very special people.
I'd thought the Sword of Kings would be a big aid against the Pendragon, in terms of it's cheats, of course. Still, eh.

I do have questions, Scholar Zander, so, here they are.

1) I really love the Arcanum because of it's highly celestial-like settings & vast beauties that reminisce Outer Space's beauties, though, I have to say, will it be expanding on occasions, like how certain Spiral worlds were expanded in the 4 Dungeon update? I feel that I have a great taste of what the Arcanum has in store for us Arcanum students. BTW, really love the music there!

2) Will we still visit Wizard City to check up on Merle Ambrose & the other Ravenwood Scholars at times? I know graduating from Ravenwood was a very auspicious moment, yet, that doesn't mean we can't make return trips there at times.

3) With the last defeat of Malistaire in Darkmoor, doesn't the trapped spirits he held would be free to cross over to the Other Side, like Sir Blackwater & Tatyana? I mean, it felt a bit awkward that the trapped spirits doesn't get freed from his grasp, so defeating him should have caused that.

By the way, nice to see you on the boards, Scholar Zander, as well as Librarian Fitzhume! I'll be looking forward to talking plenty with you & him, too! & again, thanks for the recent W101 story update!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
FusionSun on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:

That large shard was the Borealis Majores. The Rat, or Rasputin, used it to create his own Titan monstrosity to aid him in destroying the Sky Anchor, so he needed supreme strength of one to do such an evil action for Grandfather Spider.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
when do we get to go to the shadow room in the arcanum? i did all the poloris side quests but still cannot go in.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
remember when we went to khrystalis? (i spelled that wrong sorry ) we visited king art and he said the sword of kings has bonded with us or something like that and he gave us the king art spell. that may be the power the sword of kings gave us. maybe but i dont know.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
I would like to know if Merle Ambrose has any knowledge about the Arcanum. If so, i'd like to know why he didn't involve them in the chase after Morganthe instead of sending a young, untrained kid first after Malistair (a veteran ravenwood provessor) and then after Morganthe (though by that time our wizards should have become adults and are definately not untrained)

Also, I'm curious about some time issues:

We're chasing morganthe across the spiral, right on her heels on most worlds, yet in various places the inhabitants talk about her having shown up centuries before. Do we time jump at times without knowing it? How old is she, really?

Avalon has another time problem i'd like to know about too:

Morganthe was a young woman when she was Ambrose apprentice, and apparently Artorius hasn't been dead long as his wife is still alive though with grey hair. But the storyline seems to indicate he died a long time previously, so do the people there live for centuries before dying of old age?

Azteca question::

It's an ancient world, and even before Morganthe can do anything, the sky is falling. chunks of it are raining down all around the place. So is Azteca set in the same time as wizard city? If so, why don't the people at the arcanum step in and stop the comet (or whatever it is) from destroying it?

There just seem to be a lot of problems with the time flow of the story line and I'd like the time line explained.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Geoffery23 on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I would like to know if Merle Ambrose has any knowledge about the Arcanum. If so, i'd like to know why he didn't involve them in the chase after Morganthe instead of sending a young, untrained kid first after Malistair (a veteran ravenwood provessor) and then after Morganthe (though by that time our wizards should have become adults and are definately not untrained)

We're chasing morganthe across the spiral, right on her heels on most worlds, yet in various places the inhabitants talk about her having shown up centuries before. Do we time jump at times without knowing it? How old is she, really?

Morganthe was a young woman when she was Ambrose apprentice, and apparently Artorius hasn't been dead long as his wife is still alive though with grey hair. But the storyline seems to indicate he died a long time previously, so do the people there live for centuries before dying of old age?

It's an ancient world, and even before Morganthe can do anything, the sky is falling. chunks of it are raining down all around the place. So is Azteca set in the same time as wizard city? If so, why don't the people at the arcanum step in and stop the comet (or whatever it is) from destroying it?

There just seem to be a lot of problems with the time flow of the story line and I'd like the time line explained.
Most of your confusion stems from assuming wizards have a human lifespan. Wizards such as Merle have been alive for centuries and so has Morganthe. The sky in Aztecs isn't falling until after Morganthe redirects Xibalba. Prior to her interference Xibalba was simply orbiting Aztecs.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Trimond297 on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I'd thought the Sword of Kings would be a big aid against the Pendragon, in terms of it's cheats, of course. Still, eh.

I do have questions, Scholar Zander, so, here they are.

1) I really love the Arcanum because of it's highly celestial-like settings & vast beauties that reminisce Outer Space's beauties, though, I have to say, will it be expanding on occasions, like how certain Spiral worlds were expanded in the 4 Dungeon update? I feel that I have a great taste of what the Arcanum has in store for us Arcanum students. BTW, really love the music there!

2) Will we still visit Wizard City to check up on Merle Ambrose & the other Ravenwood Scholars at times? I know graduating from Ravenwood was a very auspicious moment, yet, that doesn't mean we can't make return trips there at times.

3) With the last defeat of Malistaire in Darkmoor, doesn't the trapped spirits he held would be free to cross over to the Other Side, like Sir Blackwater & Tatyana? I mean, it felt a bit awkward that the trapped spirits doesn't get freed from his grasp, so defeating him should have caused that.

By the way, nice to see you on the boards, Scholar Zander, as well as Librarian Fitzhume! I'll be looking forward to talking plenty with you & him, too! & again, thanks for the recent W101 story update!
Tatyana and Blackwater are bound to Shane's service not Malistaire's.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I thought up of a few more questions.

1) In the quest, Light Shine Down, Emperor Yoshihito of Mooshu says, "The Council of Light has allies wherever there are those pure of heart: Avalon, Marleybone, Grizzleheim, Mirage... even Polaris". My question is, why is it so surprising that there are people pure of heart in Polaris?

2) The maps of Khrysalis and Polaris are slightly curved, which suggest the worlds themselves are spherical. If the worlds are spherical, then that means that we only actually explored a small section in our travels. My question is, what's past the Borealis Peaks? If Wizards could hypothetically just go around them, would there be anything at all? Would the world just end off, with the Outer Void visible before us, like it was in Morganthe's Chamber in the Shadow Palace?

3) I'm a bit confused on how there can be something beyond the Spiral. I always assumed that the Spiral is everything, and that it's infinite in length. I assumed that when people stated that there's something from "beyond the Spiral", that it's just REALLY far away, and that no one has ever explored that far into the Spiral itself, so they just like to say it's "beyond".

4) What's at the center of the Spiral? In the Arcanum map of the Spiral, we see Bartleby is at the center. In some Celestia versions of the map, and on the Celestia Dining Table, we see there's a sun at the center. Which is it?

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
I have always loved Celestia since it came out. But I feel that there are many ominous clues within the world that needs answering. I have deciphered the Celestian transcriptions present throughout the world and I have a question. The Celestians were an advanced society, and the scholars of the Arcanum are wise. I haven't reached Polaris yet, still chasing Morganthe in Khrysalis after 6 years of no membership. But I have watched videos about the storyline and I was amazed to see that the ancient Celestians had a role to play. Forgive me if I make mistakes as I cannot study the world in as much detail as I have with Celestia, but my understanding was that the ancient Celestians took the desert star (correct me if I'm wrong). Also in the Crustacean Empire, the tome of the sun made a reference to Bartleby and Grandmother Raven in a way that hasn't been heard of in the spiral. My question is this: will Celestia play a role within the 3rd arc AND will there be more information, like in DragonSpyre (my 2nd favourite world) about the history and possibly a way to go back in time before Celestia was lost into the sea (like the Grand Chasm Past instance).

~From a Celestian Luminary~

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Fred Frost on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
when do we get to go to the shadow room in the arcanum? i did all the poloris side quests but still cannot go in.
Patience, Fred Frost, patience. You won't have to wait too long. I promise.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Geoffery23 on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:

Merle knows of the Arcanum. He's not well-acquainted with the Scholars themselves, but he knows of the institution, its mission, and its history. Merle's reasons for not involving the Arcanum in dealing with Ravenwood's problems are his own. Some say he doesn't trust the Arcanum to handle things in the way he wants them handled. I suspect, however, that he simply believes problems arising in Ravenwood should be handled by Ravenwood. How does it look if former students and teachers from Ravenwood become major problems and then Merle simply calls in the Arcanum to clean up his mess?

Also, as sophisticated as the Arcanum may appear to be, don't discount the strength of Ravenwood. After all, isn't that the school that turned out the most prodigious Wizard the Spiral's ever seen?

As to your other questions, time in the Spiral doesn't work the way it does in our world. Our concept of time is based on the laws of nature, while in the Spiral, the flow of time is guided by the laws of magic. That means it is inconsistent, confusing, and it is capable of being manipulated. The pace of time on some worlds is faster than on others. While some event may be ancient history on one world, that same event may be perceived as having occurred quite recently on another. Indeed, by most standards, the fall of Celestia happened many, many centuries ago, yet on worlds like Avalon, it wasn't that long ago at all. It's also worth noting that Ravenwood, and all of Wizard City in fact, has a unique relationship with time. More on that will be revealed.

Your question about Azteca is a good one. Why didn't the Arcanum intervene to stop the comet? Does it have something to do with Azteca's relationship with the Firstworld? Is there some reason why they would actually prefer Azteca was destroyed? Or, did the Arcanum actually try to intervene and fail? So many questions remain.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
HiddenIntelligence on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
I have always loved Celestia since it came out. But I feel that there are many ominous clues within the world that needs answering. I have deciphered the Celestian transcriptions present throughout the world and I have a question. The Celestians were an advanced society, and the scholars of the Arcanum are wise. I haven't reached Polaris yet, still chasing Morganthe in Khrysalis after 6 years of no membership. But I have watched videos about the storyline and I was amazed to see that the ancient Celestians had a role to play. Forgive me if I make mistakes as I cannot study the world in as much detail as I have with Celestia, but my understanding was that the ancient Celestians took the desert star (correct me if I'm wrong). Also in the Crustacean Empire, the tome of the sun made a reference to Bartleby and Grandmother Raven in a way that hasn't been heard of in the spiral. My question is this: will Celestia play a role within the 3rd arc AND will there be more information, like in DragonSpyre (my 2nd favourite world) about the history and possibly a way to go back in time before Celestia was lost into the sea (like the Grand Chasm Past instance).

~From a Celestian Luminary~
The ancient Celestians visited countless worlds across the Spiral. Even in places where it's not immediately evident, there's a considerable likelihood that the Celestians were once there and that their influence affected the world's evolution. Even though they may not be a major player in the 3rd arc, their role in the Spiral's history is most definitely a recurring theme, and you will hear more about them.

As to whether we'll ever be able to visit Celestia "before the fall"... wow, that sure would be cool, wouldn't it?

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
FusionSun on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
I thought up of a few more questions.

1) In the quest, Light Shine Down, Emperor Yoshihito of Mooshu says, "The Council of Light has allies wherever there are those pure of heart: Avalon, Marleybone, Grizzleheim, Mirage... even Polaris". My question is, why is it so surprising that there are people pure of heart in Polaris?

2) The maps of Khrysalis and Polaris are slightly curved, which suggest the worlds themselves are spherical. If the worlds are spherical, then that means that we only actually explored a small section in our travels. My question is, what's past the Borealis Peaks? If Wizards could hypothetically just go around them, would there be anything at all? Would the world just end off, with the Outer Void visible before us, like it was in Morganthe's Chamber in the Shadow Palace?

3) I'm a bit confused on how there can be something beyond the Spiral. I always assumed that the Spiral is everything, and that it's infinite in length. I assumed that when people stated that there's something from "beyond the Spiral", that it's just REALLY far away, and that no one has ever explored that far into the Spiral itself, so they just like to say it's "beyond".

4) What's at the center of the Spiral? In the Arcanum map of the Spiral, we see Bartleby is at the center. In some Celestia versions of the map, and on the Celestia Dining Table, we see there's a sun at the center. Which is it?
1) Polaris gets a bad rap on other worlds, particularly with Emperor Yoshihito. Was there some history between Mooshu and Polaris? We should look into this.

2) Khrysalis and Polaris are not spherical but there are unexplored sections in both worlds. Will we visit those worlds again in later updates? Undoubtedly. Will we go beyond the Borealis Peaks? Probably not. The Peaks, and the Sky Anchor lie at the very edge of the Spiral, so to go beyond them would indeed be to leave the Spiral. Is there something out there? Is it the Void? If so, what does that mean? Frankly, I find it terrifying just to contemplate such things.

3) I thought the Spiral was everything also. Learning otherwise has caused me to question many lifelong assumptions and beliefs. Indeed, however, though the Spiral does seem to encompass all the worlds that were stitched together from the Firstworld, there is something beyond that. It may be beyond comprehension, or there may be some observations about it that one can rely on, but the act of simply making those observations might fundamentally affect both that incomprehensible beyond, and that which is not the incomprehensible beyond, which would be the Spiral. If such observations could do such a thing, it might be dangerous to even discuss them as possibilities, which is precisely why I will choose at this point to say no more on this matter.

4) By studying Spiral maps that were independently developed on several different worlds, we've come to the conclusion that there is a tendency for the citizens of any given world to believe, and even find evidence to support their belief, that their world is in fact at the center of the Spiral. Some of these worlds do indeed appear to be lying somewhere along the Spiral's Centripetal Meridian, and while this puts them at the center of one cross-section of the Spiral, it's doesn't necessarily put them at the Spiral's absolute center. In fact, we're not exactly sure where that is.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Librarian Fitzhume, I do have a few questions for you.

1. I enjoyed the side adventures in Grizzleheim & Wintertusk, but, we've not heard word from the Coven since their recent attempt to bring the Everwinter was thwarted. Think the Coven may strike once more someday? I would think halting the awakening of Ymir, the Frost Titan, sleeping in Nastrond, would not be the Coven's end.

2. I don't even know where the Lost City of Alissar is, but, will we see it one day? I've heard mention of it from King Artorius about that, & it sounds mystical & mysterious. Is it somewhere in the Spiral? I would be eager to see what Alissar has to offer.

3. This place, Nodor, I would think it's somewhere in a distant part of Grizzleheim. Would we be able to see Nodor one day? I can imagine Nodor being a more colder place than either one.

4. I've heard that King Thermidor knows King Amadeo, yet, I've known little of his rivalry with Amadeo, from the Riverclaws. Plus, I have been thinking I would face Amadeo once again, because I enjoyed that side story, & thought I would like to see a continuation of it someday. Still, will we see the lore behind their rivalry one day? I'm still interested to know about that.