Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are the lyrics for Walruskberg Combat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Seriously, this has been driving me nuts! I've been wanting to figure out what they're saying ever since I first heard the theme. I believe the lyrics are in Russian, given the theme of the world, but I've not heard a single word in the language before so I won't be able to confirm it.

Is there anyone who can tell me what they are saying?

Administrator
Hello,

We were able to get in touch with our composer, Nelson Everhart, and he had some very interesting information. Check it out!

"The words are in “Polarusski” which is very similar to Russian, but not exactly the same. In fact, it is very difficult to translate from Polarusski into English… much like the native people of the Arctic regions, who have several hundred individual words for snow, each word has a fine distinction thats not appreciated by us Southern folk.

The full lyrics to the Walruskberg anthem exist, the parts in this track are just selected from it. Maybe someday they will be unearthed.

Glory Polaris!
We are all one people, united in one goal
Polaris! Polaris!
The cold land has created a hearty folk
Full of loyalty and purpose.
Polar bear, seals and penguins
Full of loyalty and purpose."

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Woah, that's so cool (literally, lol)! I always figured it was just babble. Great find. :)

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

We were able to get in touch with our composer, Nelson Everhart, and he had some very interesting information. Check it out!

"The words are in “Polarusski” which is very similar to Russian, but not exactly the same. In fact, it is very difficult to translate from Polarusski into English… much like the native people of the Arctic regions, who have several hundred individual words for snow, each word has a fine distinction thats not appreciated by us Southern folk.

The full lyrics to the Walruskberg anthem exist, the parts in this track are just selected from it. Maybe someday they will be unearthed.

Glory Polaris!
Polaris! Polaris!
I'm glad this questioned was asked, and Professor Greyrose confirmed the answer through her composer Nelson Everhart.

Because this is inspirational!

First, there was the Lost Books Quest...

...now KI and W101 bring you the lost musical scrolls and lyrics quest!

You can time this quest to real world event (but really, it can be anytime):

International Music Day October 01st (October 01, 1975; first recognized day)

National Music Week (The First Week of May)

I think it would be fun to journey across the spiral in search of lost musical scrolls and lyrics. So who else wants to do this too (Come on Professor Greyrose; you know you want to quest for lost musical scrolls too!).

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

Glory Polaris!
Polaris! Polaris!
Thank you! Like I said before, it's been driving me nuts trying to figure this out, I'm glad you responded!

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Thats actually very interesting! I was wondering that too, I just never got around to asking.