Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks is ridiculous

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
i have now completed Waterworks 31 times. I have gotten the boots on the fourth run, and the boots again on the 31st run. I see people complaining about not receiving anything after a few runs, but this is going too far... It's maddening having spent over 48 hours on one dungeon for gear that will get me through to the next world. The rewards are below petty, and at best of times (once every two or three runs) I get one snack. I have crafted gear from Celestia, but it's just not doing the job. Is there something wrong with my game? Is the random number generator hating the background sequence responses on my computer In relation to your servers? I would appreciate an answer, as this dungeon is driving me to the brink of insanity.

Level 72

UPDATE: I have just done run 33 and got the hat, so now I'm feeling a bit better. I am currently fighting Syslter Glowstorm, and am yet to see if I will get the robe.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Some updates:
This appears to be completely random (just me being extremely unlucky) or KingsIsle being the great development team they are.
I have just completed run 33, and got the hood from 'little gravy train' squid guy, and cape from mr. Glowworm (lol)
on the SAME run.
So thanks kingisle
may be just pure luck, but I'm extremely happy nonetheless because after approx. 60 hours in one mean mean dungeon I have gotten what I wanted. You may say you have to work hard to get what you want, but here's a quote from me:

"Know when to give up before things take a turn for the worse."

Thanks,
IceDeath

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
I remember, that a long time ago, around the time level sixty was the max level, there used to be pretty great drops. I think it would be better to at least add some of those drops back in, or at least increase the frequency of getting the gear in waterworks.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
Waterworks did not have a great drop rate for me either so I did Wintertusk crafted gear and played around with the cards in my deck and its much better. Since you are at level 70 I do recommend crafting the Aquila gear.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
I understand,
I remember doing water works for days and I've only gotten the robe, same for darkmoor, you need to do a few runs before you get anything,
But the game would be really boring if you get everything on one go, so they make it hard for the cool drops we all want.
But i do agree they should make it easier to get armor [not too easy]
but if you really are failing on armor how bout you try craft some armor? some armor you can craft is really good.
Lvl: 100 Scarlet SummerBreeze
Lvl: 27 Destiny WillowShade

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009