Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ultra Dungeon: Ripoff?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I wanted to craft my school mount for my storm wizard but found that I have to go into the new ultra dungeons and farm the reagent... First off, do I have to pay each time I go? If so, that will be a large accumulative number of crowns when I farm for reagents and gear, especially if I want to get the mounts on all my wizards.
I just find these "Rent a Dungeon" things ridiculous. Why can't I just buy it permanently?
Even better, why can't I pay GOLD for it in replace of crowns, like houses?
Please address this Kingsisle, you have enough content in the game requiring extra payment. Give us a break...

Administrator
Hello,

Yes, the new Ultra Dungeons can only be used one time each, much like the One-Shot Gauntlets.

If you don't wish to purchase them with crowns, they can be received as drops from defeating other bosses.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Yes, the new Ultra Dungeons can only be used one time each, much like the One-Shot Gauntlets.

If you don't wish to purchase them with crowns, they can be received as drops from defeating other bosses.
So the fact that Rattlebones is dropping exalted duel and master duel is actually intended Greyrose?

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Cool what kind of boss is it? Please reply soon. My membership is almost out. Also I'd like to know what kind of seeds produce mounts and if they are permanent. Do all seeds have an ultra version? My deadly helephant ears produced one but it's only a better version of regular helephant seeds. Also, what kind of talents can star jewels have? In test realm i only saw pet talents. Can they also help in battle?

Brittany Icecatcher Lvl. 95

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Ah, thank you!
That sounds much better. I will look at which bosses drop it and begin to farm right away :)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
WinterL40 on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
Cool what kind of boss is it? Please reply soon. My membership is almost out. Also I'd like to know what kind of seeds produce mounts and if they are permanent. Do all seeds have an ultra version? My deadly helephant ears produced one but it's only a better version of regular helephant seeds. Also, what kind of talents can star jewels have? In test realm i only saw pet talents. Can they also help in battle?

I found spell card talent jewels along with health/mana jewels, energy increase, may cast talents, wisp increase %, various attack/resist talents. It's not all derby stuff at all. The easy common ones are derby junk, but there's a lot more out there.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010

In order of question appearance
1. The bosses of the Ultra dungeons are familiar bosses from the spiral. Specifically Aquila bosses, Rattlebones (with Fairy Queen the wandering boss), Meowiarty, and Krokopatra.
2. No plant drops mounts, however they do drop reagents (or produce an ultra seed if they are one of a few selected plants, these being the ones who's ultra is required for a school mount)
3. That is the point of ultra seeds, well actually you should be using the ultra helephant seed for the new School Mount crafting recipies (beat Mount Olympus and there will be a guy near the sigil)
4. Star Jewels have either pet derby abilities (Really meh), Normal pet talents to give a boost to your wizard (good depending on the talent), and pet stat boosts (can be good on a ward pet) oh and also an energy boosting one not that would be good on anything but a fishing/gardening pet.
5. As I said on number 4, yes indeed they can help your wizard in battle (havent seen any may cast jewels BUT the boost from lets say an ice damage increasing jewel can help)

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010

Jade One drops a bunch of master and ultra dungeons in the main palace hit the icon past the guard and fight her over and over got a bunch of dungeons

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have a ton of the exalted dungeons and no one to go with~ you are welcome to join me, op.

i recently discovered another spot for dungeon drops; i was in mirror lake earlier, and the starburst spiders at the end left me krokopatra's exalted duel. if you wanna farm with me, i'm usually on for a couple hours just helping random people through the kiosk.

hope this helps :)

-von
45/100 teams helped