Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-10-15

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Any of the spells that hit multiple targets should be shortened. It would be good if they could hit each target at the same time instead of one at a time.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Not really what you are asking, but in a similar vein. Could we get an alternate animation or two for humongofrog? Its not that the current animation is all that long, its just that it's always exactly the same. Due to peculiarities in the myth spell list, humongofrog is THE primary myth attack spell from it introduction at level 22 until basically forever. I have watched that same animation so many times its creeping into my dreams at night. Can we please see the frog do something else instead of always vomiting on things?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! It's about time to wind things down for the day, but first, let's chat!

Today, let's talk about those wonderful magical spells, and their length. If you could choose some spells to shorten up, which ones would you pick? Let's go ahead an eliminate our favorite, Call of Khrulhu, (we've got our eye on that one already...) and look to what else you'd like to see sped up a bit!

Have a fantastical Friday everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
If we can only pick ONE, Call of Khrullu. However, i think ALL AoE spells need to be updated so they hit everybody at the same time, and any life sapping returns the TOTAL of health in one shot

Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
Maybe to the spell storm lord, When he charges/picks up the lightning bolt, it takes quite some time.
And maybe leviathan for when its about to dive down?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
i'm thinking all AOE spells need a hit all at once animation like that shift rattlebone animation in test.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Dr. Von's Monster and Skeletal Dragon are long-ish. I always know I have enough time to go to the kitchen for a glass of water when I use those spells

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Forest lord PLS and all the different versions and also ra

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
To be honest, almost all the AoE spells could be sped up a little bit. But what really seems to slow down battles more then anything is all the may cast pets. If there is a way maybe you could make the may cast spells their own version and make them much shorter?

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
frost oni it hard to use even as a ice .I am hoping it will be a 4 pip spell

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Animations are very cool, but some spell animation is really long.

Shortening animation on the longest ones is very much appreciated. but how about going one step further, and allow them to be cast and only triggered once; and the battles continue without repeating them.

Or how about the option to disable them for faster battles.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
I think RA could be sped up a bit or a least put some pants on him. Maybe we, as players, we could have the option to play the full animated spell or choose to speed it up ourselves. I would like to see more, newer long animation spells because they are so fun to watch IF we have the choice to speed them up ourselves on a whim as to not irritate the other players.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Ra, sort of. Just shift the point where blades traps and shields are set off a bit later, so he only puts down his staff once when there are multiple targets.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
It would be hard to say what spells need to be shortened without having timed each of them. The game makers probably have timed each spell and know how they all compare time wise.

I think the Ice spell that has the snowman trampled could be shortened by taking out the snowman trampling part. I never liked that the poor snowman was marched over by the wooly mammoths. The snowman has no reason for being in the spell at all.

Something I wonder about is why does the count for choosing a spell not allow a selection to be made in the last two or three seconds. It should go all the way to zero before it moves on. If it shorts the count by two seconds to make the game go faster then it ought to show two seconds less on the timer. In other words sometimes I want the full time to make my selections and don't like it ignoring what I picked in the last two seconds and forcing me to be skipped that round.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Hello!

I just wanted to thank Yall for keeping an eye on Khrulhu!! : Another spell animation that maybe could be sped up is forest lord, but besides that I can't think of anything! Thanks for reading.

Carlos soulbrand
Luke SunFist

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Eirikur Axebreaker is very long. All the Forest Lord versions could be a bit quicker too, though it's a fun animation.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Hmm Forest Lord is pretty bad and the new Desert Lord thing for Darkmoor. Gaze of Fate, Dr. von's Monster isn't too bad but it would be nice if it was quicker and Rain of Fire -Jordan Nightblood(NB on other games) LvL 100 death Jordan Stormblood lvl 46 storm Jordan Emeraldblood lvl 22 life.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
I wouldn't chose any! Love them all and their lengths

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
Forest Lord really needs to be shorter it takes so long and is really annoying when it gets casted

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
I'd say that Ra and Dr Von's Monster are top priority. Myabe you could also make the colossi(?) roar less....

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! It's about time to wind things down for the day, but first, let's chat!

Today, let's talk about those wonderful magical spells, and their length. If you could choose some spells to shorten up, which ones would you pick? Let's go ahead an eliminate our favorite, Call of Khrulhu, (we've got our eye on that one already...) and look to what else you'd like to see sped up a bit!

Have a fantastical Friday everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I would like to shorten scarecrow and skeleton pirate

- Elizabeth DeathHeartLevel 57 Grandmaster Necromancer

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
You already said my favorite Calamari, so I'll skip that one.

I feel like Ra takes a little too long, Forest Lord is slow and so is Rebirth. Even Unicorn is slow; it could have the same animation, just a slightly quicker tempo?

Survivor
Jan 05, 2014
I think that the Shadow-Enhanced Spell Gaze of Fate should be shortened, along with Scarecrow.

-Elijah CrowWeaver