Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farewell, Young Wizard...

AuthorMessage
Developer
It is time for me to move on.

What an adventure we’ve had, eh? In the summer of 2010 I had a conversation that changed my life. I had wrapped up my job at Webkinz to stay home and take care of our daughter, and work on my writing, when KingsIsle invited us to move down to Austin.

The idea of working on Wizard101 was an opportunity we couldn’t pass up. We packed up to move south from Toronto, Canada, to Austin, Texas.

And what an adventure Texas was! We saw hipsters & cowboys, hippies & ranchers, tarantulas & fire ants (ugh), and longhorns & horses! Sadly, we never saw an armadillo. Luckily, we never saw a scorpion.

When I joined KingsIsle, Wizard was exploding in popularity – it was (and remains) a remarkable game, full of myriad possibilities. The team had built this incredible world and this wonderful community. And they were asking me to learn from them and step in to take over the story of Wizard101.

It was an honor, a pleasure, and a great challenge to try to make it even cooler. The Wizard team was a well-crafted machine when I started, and we just got better. And we told some fantastic stories. We crossed the Savannah and explored the Drum Jungle of Zafaria; we traveled to chivalrous Avalon and restored the king and the land; we met wild Aztecosaurs and proud Avians, and bore witness to Azteca’s great tragedy; and we stormed the gates of the Shadow Palace and stood bravely against the Shadow Queen Morganthe, ending her threat to the Spiral once and for all.

With Morganthe’s story well told, and Old Cob freed, and infinite options opened to the Spiral, the universe decided it was time for a change. On the home front, our circle expanded by one, with a son, but the rest of our family – grandparents and uncles and aunts and cousins – were all still back in Canada, “North of the Wall.”

It was a season of endings... and beginnings. It was time to go home.

I have moved back to Canada, saying fond farewells and tearful goodbyes to the team and our friends in Texas. Now it’s time to say farewell to you, Wizards, who have been so kind and appreciative of our work in the Spiral. You are one of the most joyful communities I’ve known, and it’s been a terribly hard decision to move on.

However, in addition to Mike “The Thundersnake,” my associate writer, who has become an invaluable member of the team, I’m pleased to pass the BOOK OF SECRETS on to our new Wizard writer, Rob “Zander.” Rob did great work at Zenimax and Bioware, and we’ve been working together in the deepest & darkest parts of the Spiral to craft Wizard101’s next adventure. With Zander and the Thundersnake working with the whole team on the next arc, I’m confident you are in excellent hands. I can’t wait to see what strange and awesome ideas they come up with in the future.

Keep your wands ready, your mana full, and your spells from fizzling!

Jesse "King Artorius" Scoble

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Thank you for all the creativity and work you have put into this wonderful game. Congratulations on the addition to your family and may all your future adventures be successful.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Thanks for all the wonderful magic you've given us, and good luck with your new ventures and adventures!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
King Artorius on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:

What an adventure we’ve had, eh? In the summer of 2010 I had a conversation that changed my life. I had wrapped up my job at Webkinz to stay home and take care of our daughter, and work on my writing, when KingsIsle invited us to move down to Austin.

The idea of working on Wizard101 was an opportunity we couldn’t pass up. We packed up to move south from Toronto, Canada, to Austin, Texas.

And what an adventure Texas was! We saw hipsters & cowboys, hippies & ranchers, tarantulas & fire ants (ugh), and longhorns & horses! Sadly, we never saw an armadillo. Luckily, we never saw a scorpion.

When I joined KingsIsle, Wizard was exploding in popularity – it was (and remains) a remarkable game, full of myriad possibilities. The team had built this incredible world and this wonderful community. And they were asking me to learn from them and step in to take over the story of Wizard101.

It was an honor, a pleasure, and a great challenge to try to make it even cooler. The Wizard team was a well-crafted machine when I started, and we just got better. And we told some fantastic stories. We crossed the Savannah and explored the Drum Jungle of Zafaria; we traveled to chivalrous Avalon and restored the king and the land; we met wild Aztecosaurs and proud Avians, and bore witness to Azteca’s great tragedy; and we stormed the gates of the Shadow Palace and stood bravely against the Shadow Queen Morganthe, ending her threat to the Spiral once and for all.

With Morganthe’s story well told, and Old Cob freed, and infinite options opened to the Spiral, the universe decided it was time for a change. On the home front, our circle expanded by one, with a son, but the rest of our family – grandparents and uncles and aunts and cousins – were all still back in Canada, “North of the Wall.”

I have moved back to Canada, saying fond farewells and tearful goodbyes to the team and our friends in Texas. Now it’s time to say farewell to you, Wizards, who have been so kind and appreciative of our work in the Spiral. You are one of the most joyful communities I’ve known, and it’s been a terribly hard decision to move on.

However, in addition to Mike “The Thundersnake,” my associate writer, who has become an invaluable member of the team, I’m pleased to pass the BOOK OF SECRETS on to our new Wizard writer, Rob “Zander.” Rob did great work at Zenimax and Bioware, and we’ve been working together in the deepest & darkest parts of the Spiral to craft Wizard101’s next adventure. With Zander and the Thundersnake working with the whole team on the next arc, I’m confident you are in excellent hands. I can’t wait to see what strange and awesome ideas they come up with in the future.

Your honorable highness... (sigh) ...I completely understand what you have to do. It's hard to accept that, but... there will always come a time where changes have to be made, even if they may be sad ones, too. & acceptance will take time, though, I'm certain we will be over our sadness someday soon.

While I may be saddened that you had to go back to Canada, I will always remember you fondly in my mind & heart as the best story writer us Wizards & KI has had. I'm sure Zander & the Thundersnake will do well in W101's next arc, even though I thought you would still partake in it with them, but... (sigh) ...you had to do what a family person's got to do, eh?

Whatever they can come up with, I'm sure it will be as amazing as your writing, but, there will always be room for improvement when the next arc goes into motion, eh?

Maybe one day... if KI could have a Canadian studio established there where you were born in... it would be a wondrous thing to see... and, oh, the collaborations they could do together under technological unity would be a real blast. It would be a wondrous dream to see a KI studio established in Canada, so that, well... you know... it would be like reliving the not-so-old days with them in Texas. One day...

I wish you a lotta luck in your home region, and... I shall say this to thee... fare thee well, your honorable highness! Thou shalt never forget thee for all of the stories thou told in the Spiral! Nay! Thou shalt be remembered greatly to all, and thou shalt be missed to all of us in the US & beyond.

We shall shout out these last three cheers, in great memory, and in the name of his royal highness, like the Knights of the Silver Rose did to us Wizards in our victory of restoring Avalon to it's proper being in the days of the not-so-old! Join up in shouting these farewell cheers, if thou wish with honor, brave Wizards, for his honorable highness!

Huzzah! Huzzah!! HUZZAH!!!

Explorer
Apr 21, 2011
Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
This game is awesome due to people like you. Thanks for all you've done and I wish you the best. You have big footsteps to be followed.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
We hope you have a wonderful life and whenever we cast King Artorious or meet him in Avalon, we will remember you.

I hope your future adventures and journeys are full of magic and wonderful people.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
"we've been working in the deepest & darkest parts of the spiral to craft Wizard101's next adventure"

Can't resist one last tease, can you? Third arc, third arc, bring on the third arc...

May all your future endeavors prosper.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2015
My Highness of Avalon, we heed these words dear and we will not forget what stories you have crafted for us and adventures that lie for future Wizards like me. I will sure enjoy your story but I do understand you have to back to your home "Beyond the Wall" (Game of Thrones reference) but the Spiral will always remember your stories and will pass them on from generation to generation, living on forever in the hearts of the Spiral.

Now, let's enjoy this Grand Feast here in the Castle of Avalon. To the greatest King of Avalon, King Artorious, the greatest legend of all time! Everyone else replies joyfully 'To the King!" and starts enjoying their feast here in Avalon and then at the end, we see you ride off in the distance on your Horse kicking up dust as it goes towards the next adventure in life. We will all surely miss you and with that, let's give three Huzzahs everyone. "Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!".

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
it's been a pleasure, king a.~ thank you for your contributions to the game and congrats on the newest addition to your family. :)

since i probably won't fit in a suitcase, i shall send hugs and fish-paste from winterfell (a.k.a. somewhere in southeastern n.b.) to welcome you and your family back home. from one canadian to another, all the best in your future endeavours.

-von "and now, his watch has ended" shadowsong
fellow wizard north of the wall.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
Thank you for your incredible writing, which only seemed to get better. Zafaria was just lovely, Avalon a beautiful journey, Azteca unleashed so much emotion within me and Khrysalis has (so far) been the coolest world to date. Please keep writing. And as Rachel said, we have ample opportunity to remember you

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
farewell and thanks!
Enjoy life back in Canada!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for the great second arc stories! They were some of the best twists in the entire storyline!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Farewell Artorius! Good luck in wherever life takes you next.
Super hyped for the third story arc!

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Trimond297 on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
Your honorable highness... (sigh) ...I completely understand what you have to do. It's hard to accept that, but... there will always come a time where changes have to be made, even if they may be sad ones, too. & acceptance will take time, though, I'm certain we will be over our sadness someday soon.

While I may be saddened that you had to go back to Canada, I will always remember you fondly in my mind & heart as the best story writer us Wizards & KI has had. I'm sure Zander & the Thundersnake will do well in W101's next arc, even though I thought you would still partake in it with them, but... (sigh) ...you had to do what a family person's got to do, eh?

Whatever they can come up with, I'm sure it will be as amazing as your writing, but, there will always be room for improvement when the next arc goes into motion, eh?

Maybe one day... if KI could have a Canadian studio established there where you were born in... it would be a wondrous thing to see... and, oh, the collaborations they could do together under technological unity would be a real blast. It would be a wondrous dream to see a KI studio established in Canada, so that, well... you know... it would be like reliving the not-so-old days with them in Texas. One day...

I wish you a lotta luck in your home region, and... I shall say this to thee... fare thee well, your honorable highness! Thou shalt never forget thee for all of the stories thou told in the Spiral! Nay! Thou shalt be remembered greatly to all, and thou shalt be missed to all of us in the US & beyond.

We shall shout out these last three cheers, in great memory, and in the name of his royal highness, like the Knights of the Silver Rose did to us Wizards in our victory of restoring Avalon to it's proper being in the days of the not-so-old! Join up in shouting these farewell cheers, if thou wish with honor, brave Wizards, for his honorable highness!

Huzzah! Huzzah!! HUZZAH!!!
KI needs a studio in Canada. It saddens me that there are very few Canadians that know Wizard101 exist. I being one of the few who purchases the many prepaid cards that sit collecting dust in stores. A KI studio in Canada and Texas can come up with so many creative ideas for the game. And word of Wizard101 can spread into Canada, and I won't be alone up here.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
It is truly sad to see you go. The flavor and wonder you added to Wizard101 will be enjoyed for generations of players. Canada is the victor in this tug a war of gifted individuals. Well played Canada, well played. *Fierce Chrissy Hugs*
Blessings and giggles on your future endeavors and I look forward to hearing where you land next.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Wow, its crazy to know your leaving. The game you've given us for the past 5 years. This game changed my life for the better and it wouldnt have happened without you. I wish you luck with your family and any future happenings. Thanks for changing our lives!

Angela Gem level 100

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Farewell good King!

Your contributions to Wizard 101 and this community have been tremendous, and mighty indeed.

Here's to continuing success; or something better, in all that you do

Tyler Wildpants

P.S. You will be missed, but never forgotten!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
His Royal Highness King Artorius,
even from far away, long over on the other side of the great water,
is a small green spot, it is called Denmark.
Even over here, there's the deepest respect for the work that lies in creating new worlds to this wonderful game.
A 60 year old woman, a descendant of the Vikings,
says humbly thank you for a thunderous effort
and wish His Royal Highness King Artorius,
well in the future.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Fare thee well King Artorius. God speed on your life's journey. Thank you and KingsIsle for all the creativity and adventure in this wonderful game.

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
i have never done one of your quest [if you have any] but i wish a found out who you really are have a nice life stay happy goodbye i am sad you left 5 years ago

master life named jacob shadow breeze found in mosty right now where the final boss is [well kinda] at 9 to 12 boy

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Survivor
Apr 25, 2011

That...is...the best speech I have heard! It sounds like you had a great adventure. Though one person missing from KI is like losing a member from our family. I will miss you!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Darthvarian on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
KI needs a studio in Canada. It saddens me that there are very few Canadians that know Wizard101 exist. I being one of the few who purchases the many prepaid cards that sit collecting dust in stores. A KI studio in Canada and Texas can come up with so many creative ideas for the game. And word of Wizard101 can spread into Canada, and I won't be alone up here.
Yeah... maybe one day, they could set up a KI studio there. Maybe that way, word of W101, & likely P101 & their mobile projects, can spread more into Canada better & bring technological unity between the studios. Someone should do it someday soon.

With plenty of determination, I believe anyone can accomplish anything.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2008

Thanks for all the effort you put into this game im glad its going into good hands