Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gargoyle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
It seems that this gargoyle is a super rare fish. I have been fishing over 5 hours, and have caught one. I have been using the fishing luck potions. Getting chests all over the place. All the other fish i have multiples of. For a fish that is needed in crafting maybe a little too rare? Have gone through four potions which don't seem to help, but sure do cost crowns. Have tried fishing a couple of times without the potions and a large portion snap the line and escape. Needless to say this is getting past fun which is what a game is about. Have gone from rank one to almost rank four and that does not seem to help either as the first one i caught i was rank two fishing.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Alicia Shadowmance... on Jun 17, 2015 wrote:
It seems that this gargoyle is a super rare fish. I have been fishing over 5 hours, and have caught one. I have been using the fishing luck potions. Getting chests all over the place. All the other fish i have multiples of. For a fish that is needed in crafting maybe a little too rare? Have gone through four potions which don't seem to help, but sure do cost crowns. Have tried fishing a couple of times without the potions and a large portion snap the line and escape. Needless to say this is getting past fun which is what a game is about. Have gone from rank one to almost rank four and that does not seem to help either as the first one i caught i was rank two fishing.
You caught a Gargoyle? WOW!! Which zone did you catch that fish in, what school class type that fish is, & is it an Epic Fish or a Super Rare Fish? This info should be posted in the W101Central Wiki! Very good catch!

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Trimond297 on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
You caught a Gargoyle? WOW!! Which zone did you catch that fish in, what school class type that fish is, & is it an Epic Fish or a Super Rare Fish? This info should be posted in the W101Central Wiki! Very good catch!
Um... it is...

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Fish:GarGoyle

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Trimond297 on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
I think the Alicia Shadowmancer meant "have not caught one". And as SpaceYun, stated, it already has a W101 Central page.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
No I said i caught one and meant that I caught one. Have fished several more hours since and caught the second. Now I have my shiny new spell deck. Finally.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think you're viewing the fishing luck elixirs incorrectly. They do not change the fish in the pond, they simply change your luck on catching them (not getting away). I don't know the exact numbers, but I think the fishing luck elixir offers say a 5% increase in your chances of catching a fish.

So let's say you have a 90% chance of catching a rank 1 storm fish with a rank 1 storm lure. With the elixir you may have a 95% chance.

Maybe you're trying to catch a rank 1 rare storm fish with a rank 1 storm lure, and that only gives you an 80% chance of catching it. The elixir would increase your chance to 85%.

When trying to catch rare and epic fish, I always use a lure that's a rank higher (if there is one) in the appropriate school. I don't know if it helps, but I seldom have fish get away.

However, I'm 99% certain that fishing luck doesn't change what fish you're pulling out of the water. The species are determined during the spawning process and will not be altered by an elixir.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
High Five Ghost on Jun 21, 2015 wrote:
I think you're viewing the fishing luck elixirs incorrectly. They do not change the fish in the pond, they simply change your luck on catching them (not getting away). I don't know the exact numbers, but I think the fishing luck elixir offers say a 5% increase in your chances of catching a fish.

So let's say you have a 90% chance of catching a rank 1 storm fish with a rank 1 storm lure. With the elixir you may have a 95% chance.

Maybe you're trying to catch a rank 1 rare storm fish with a rank 1 storm lure, and that only gives you an 80% chance of catching it. The elixir would increase your chance to 85%.

When trying to catch rare and epic fish, I always use a lure that's a rank higher (if there is one) in the appropriate school. I don't know if it helps, but I seldom have fish get away.

However, I'm 99% certain that fishing luck doesn't change what fish you're pulling out of the water. The species are determined during the spawning process and will not be altered by an elixir.
Your right. Fishing luck helps with keeping fish from snapping the line and getting away.

And when fishing for a rank one fish with a rank two lure, it gives +5 luck. +10 if using rank 3 to catch rank 1.

Steven
Fish Whisperer

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Fishing can really drain energy. There are only two types of storm fish in Darkmoor's waters: Jolted Dekoi, and the Gargoyle. Using spells like "reveal fish school", "rank 2 storm fish lure" and "summon fish" until my energy was drained, I only caught three pages of Jolted Dekoi, and no Gargoyles at all. The Gargoyle may be "rare", but it shouldn't be so hard to find.