Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I am Struggling At PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2013
Hello. I am a lvl 50 and i like to pvp a lot. The problem i have is that they always beat me. They always have better spells than me, they have good crit rating, etc. I never really win, but i want to do tournaments and actaully win. can you give me some advice? (Gear, Deck (Spells), Strategy, or any other things to suggest.

Benjamin Boomstrider lvl 50

Edit:Sorry I am level 52 not level 50

Survivor
May 22, 2015
I think the best thing that we, ( I too lose a lot at PvP) is to get the Ring and amulet with the highest health and mana, if your health base is higher than 4000. But, you could always practice and shield every three to five turns depending on who you are fighting. If you are fighting someone that has a higher level than you, you could always try to use critical and I recommend storm. Many people think that storm lord is quite powerful, but in truth, on its own, it has about 700 to 800 damage. If you want to use any spell, really, be sure you have the feint in both directions. Obviously, the higher the shield, the better. Your spell deck should be filled with at least two or more converts and a lot of shields and feints. DO NOT FORGET THE SHIELDS. Tower shields are also very useful, so I recommend placing that on first. Then, go do some minor spells and BOOM! I recommend having a spell like tempest to the fullest on your deck. Also, visit the life tree and gather some healing spells that are strong, like the satyr. Have those at the fullest as well. Heal every five to ten rounds depending on who you are with. Balance is also a good secondary school if you are interested in high shields. I hope you win on your next match, and remember, practice match first! I was never able to win a PvP without the death spells I got, so chin up! Death is a great school!!!

Madeline Ravenshield

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Ravenshield1 on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
I think the best thing that we, ( I too lose a lot at PvP) is to get the Ring and amulet with the highest health and mana, if your health base is higher than 4000. But, you could always practice and shield every three to five turns depending on who you are fighting. If you are fighting someone that has a higher level than you, you could always try to use critical and I recommend storm. Many people think that storm lord is quite powerful, but in truth, on its own, it has about 700 to 800 damage. If you want to use any spell, really, be sure you have the feint in both directions. Obviously, the higher the shield, the better. Your spell deck should be filled with at least two or more converts and a lot of shields and feints. DO NOT FORGET THE SHIELDS. Tower shields are also very useful, so I recommend placing that on first. Then, go do some minor spells and BOOM! I recommend having a spell like tempest to the fullest on your deck. Also, visit the life tree and gather some healing spells that are strong, like the satyr. Have those at the fullest as well. Heal every five to ten rounds depending on who you are with. Balance is also a good secondary school if you are interested in high shields. I hope you win on your next match, and remember, practice match first! I was never able to win a PvP without the death spells I got, so chin up! Death is a great school!!!

Madeline Ravenshield
A death at grandmaster has a base health around 1800s.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2013
Thank you For the Recommendation, but i don't have storm. should get a tempest amulet or something? I have only tranied up to lightning bats

Survivor
Nov 22, 2013
Another Problem is people sometimes one shot me. I need help with that too.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
Don't worry, I'm horrible at PVP too. Things I've realised while attempting are
- They have high damage and accuracy level
-They choose the right schools and the appropriate spells
And they have been ''training'' for PVP (most of the ranked wizards)
The best spells to put in your deck are a bunch of shields, possibly sun school spells- they are very helpful
Also before your battle change your outfits to suit your opponents and teammates- resist wise and damage wise.
Add a few treasure cards cause you'll never know.
Also good PVP spells are stun and it's blocks, shields, etc.
I hoped this helped and good luck.

Asg

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
dont feel bad i am level 85 ice and i am really bad at pvp too my rank is in the 200 range. i would wait untell you have a good pet and gear before you try to pvp more dont feel bad if you can't get a good pet dont feel bad my pet is not the best but it is a feendish foo dog (i think that is how you spell it) it gives a banshee item card and 9 death resist and 5 power pip chance and may cast sprite spell. good luck in pvp see you in the spiral

fred waterflame level 85 (almost 86 :D)

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
toadie12 on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Hello. I am a lvl 50 and i like to pvp a lot. The problem i have is that they always beat me. They always have better spells than me, they have good crit rating, etc. I never really win, but i want to do tournaments and actaully win. can you give me some advice? (Gear, Deck (Spells), Strategy, or any other things to suggest.

Personally, I'd recommend leveling to level 60 and getting waterworks gear. My death had reasonable success -- 1800 rank -- essentially gained by surviving the first major offensive of the opponent, using many weaknesses, and sometimes virulent plagues and shields, and then comboing skeletal dragon with 1-2 blades into poison/deer knight/vampire. You'll want to try to get gear that increases your damage, resist, and possibly healing boost/power pip chance, so that you can survive and recover when beaten down, and you should be flexible enough with your kills so that you don't only have one way to kill people (I don't recommend blade stacking skeletal dragon, for example -- it's too easily countered with triage, and very predictable). A balance mastery for availing hands, reshuffle, and scorpion for minions worked well for me.

Survivor
May 22, 2015
What I mean by having a spell like tempest is to have certain amount of damage per pip. All the schools have something similar to tempest. But the one-shots, I have no idea what you could do about, except wish that you are first to go in a fight, and have a lot of shields. I also think that Aaron Spellthief knows more than me, so you should listen to him .

Madeline Ravenshield

Survivor
Nov 22, 2013
Thx For All The Suggestions Guys, I will try them out. Stay Cool and Peace Out

Benjamin Boomstrider Level 53

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I have a master balance wizard who is stuck at captain. No matter what I do, I fluctuate between 707 and somewhere around 750. I am running into a lot of the same things the OP seems to be experiencing, and I have decided to just rest my laurels on captain. The best thing I came up with was creating my own treasure cards. I would put 9-11 of my highest spells in my main deck, then load a comparable amount of monstrous cards in my side deck. I'd head over to Golem Tower and draw, enchant, right-click, until all I had left were wand spells, kill the golem with a wand hit, and bingo, self-made TCs.

Other than that, train reshuffle, tower shield, infection, and try and boost your resist. Invest in a few infallible TCs, and either get your minion spell or buy minion TCs, like mander or fire. And keep slogging away. I never thought I'd make it to captain, but here I am.

Good luck!

Defender
Sep 17, 2011

Wizard101's PvP is based on gear.
In order to be siccessful you absolutely have to have good gear.
Next are correct spells. I would recommend visiting duelist101 and get some good ideas.
Also without experience I would not recommend any experimentations with deck set up or gear set up.
Blind fully follow what duelist101 suggests for Legendary Death PvP.
Once you get to the rank of 1,500 points then you can start experimenting and come out with strategy and gear that you like, but I say again for that you have to have allot of experience.
Oh and as someone already said. Get your self to Legendary, it's better and easier.

Nicholas Star

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I'm about 2.4k rank on my Grandmaster Ice. Here's some advice when facing people who can one shot you or have critical.

How to not die:

• Make sure to have at least one shield on. If you don't have tower shield trained, I recommend you do so. Keep maximum tower shields, keep 3-4 shields each.
  • If you have dispels trained, save them and predict when someone's hitting
  • Weaknesses help as well
  • This is optional, but I personally like "May Cast Enfeeble" on my pet
  • Have a pet with PROOF. Proof is a must in pets, if possible, get "May Cast Fairy"
  • If you're private, have at least 35 resist. If you're commander, have at least 40 resist. If you're warlord, have at least 45-50 resist (50 is recommended)
  • If you're halfway dead, HEAL! I always keep maximum satyrs and 4 pixies in.
  • HAVE STUN SHIELDS! Chances are, people will stun then hit.
  • HAVE A BUBBLE! Some people carry doom and gloom
  • Sprites are okay to keep! You can remove infections or dispels with them!

Critical

• If you're having trouble blocking, get CONVICTION.
  • All of those above I mentioned also helps.

Also, dying depends on your gear/stats as well. Stats and gear are important. I'll give a good grandmaster example of stats.

78 Damage
54 Resistance
16 Accuracy
105 Critical Rating
115 Critical Block
2% Armor Piercing
80% Power Pip Chance
9% Stun Resist
7% Incoming Heal
7% Outgoing Heal

Now of course, while you're defending yourself, you can also blade yourself up. The time for you to hit is when the opponent's pips are low and you have a good amount of health and you know the spell will do decent damage. Just hit that infallible and hit 2-3 times.

I hope this helps :)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as someone who started off being horrible at pvp and is now a captain, here are a few suggestions:

1) tower shields (TC and regular) are your best friends;
2) healing pets are a plus as well;
3) stun blocks, shatter, cleanse charm, lots of reshuffle;
4) since pvp is basically pay-to-win, you may have to suck it up and invest in some crowns gear.
5) if you want to avoid puppets, stick to 1v1.

most importantly, you can't treat pvp the same as pve; because it's pay-to-win, people can and will do anything to win; therefore, you'll need to be ten steps ahead of them.

my pvp wizard is level 35, and the bulk of her opponents are between level 46-55. yes, their critical is a pain, but my 36% resist is usually enough to keep them from doing any significant damage.

-von

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014

try mastery your neutral jing

that help me win pvp when use mine ice wizard already make close match!

patient key of winning! (try use more defense) keep others attacking high!

mastery neutral jing (3 common)